Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LL Cool J

Go down 
+4
Deanie O'Banion
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
D.Powell
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 8:15 pm

Alan wrote:
LL didn't even have a remotely close chance of making my top 10.

And it shouldn't be a surprise that many people didn't vote for him. After all, we are talking about the east coast. Everybody's top 10 from the east has holes in it because there's simply too much dopeness not to leave a pioneer off the list. Not to mention personal preference. I've heard the best from LL, and (again) he does not come close to my list.

But I know CL Smooth made your list right Pounds?? lol, I hear ya dawg!
Back to top Go down

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 2:06 pm

CL Smooth SLAUGHTERS LL in EVERY way possible...

Oh, wait...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 4:41 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Alan wrote:
LL didn't even have a remotely close chance of making my top 10.

And it shouldn't be a surprise that many people didn't vote for him. After all, we are talking about the east coast. Everybody's top 10 from the east has holes in it because there's simply too much dopeness not to leave a pioneer off the list. Not to mention personal preference. I've heard the best from LL, and (again) he does not come close to my list.

But I know CL Smooth made your list right Pounds?? lol, I hear ya dawg!

Yep...I fully admit I play favorites.

Steve wrote:
CL Smooth SLAUGHTERS LL in EVERY way possible...

Oh, wait...

lol...huh?
Back to top Go down

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 4:50 pm

Sarcasm Smile
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 7:25 pm

Lol, Pounds was about to get happy that someone else may have actually thought that CL Smooth could "slaughter" Cool J, your funny Pounds

but it's all good that a hometown boy done good gets on your list man, glad to see it

gotta play favorites right?? but hip-hop heads know that Cool J is one of the GOATS from the east easily...when you say a pioneer may get left off I'm thinking about heads like Kool Moe Dee or Slick Rick or Melle Mel or Kurtis Blow or Jeru, Talib Kweli...emcees like that who maybe on the fringe but not a no brainer like Cool J whether he's one of my favorites or not..ya feel me??
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 7:27 pm

Kurtis Blow is no where near the fringe lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 7:31 pm

LOL okay Shaun shut up....
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 9:59 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Lol, Pounds was about to get happy that someone else may have actually thought that CL Smooth could "slaughter" Cool J, your funny Pounds

Thanks, but I didn't think Steve was siding with me. Why would I ever expect that? lol

D.Powell wrote:
gotta play favorites right?? but hip-hop heads know that Cool J is one of the GOATS from the east easily...when you say a pioneer may get left off I'm thinking about heads like Kool Moe Dee or Slick Rick or Melle Mel or Kurtis Blow or Jeru, Talib Kweli...emcees like that who maybe on the fringe but not a no brainer like Cool J whether he's one of my favorites or not..ya feel me??

When did I say I did not recognize LL Cool J as a GOAT/pioneer from the east? He's not one of my top 10 favorite east coast emcees. Understand?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 10:37 pm

Kurtis Blows
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 9:02 am

I certainly can see where a person is coming from to put LL in theit top 10. The lyrics and delivery on his first two albums were absolutely murderous. And, duds or not, there was always some of that present in his later releases.

That said, I wouldn't probably have him in my top 10. I actually would put Talib, Slick Rick, and Genius ahead of him. I just happen to like more of their music.

This isn't science. It isn't math. You can't prove someone wrong (or yourself right). We like who we like.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 11:04 am

Kid Joe wrote:
I certainly can see where a person is coming from to put LL in theit top 10. The lyrics and delivery on his first two albums were absolutely murderous. And, duds or not, there was always some of that present in his later releases.

That said, I wouldn't probably have him in my top 10. I actually would put Talib, Slick Rick, and Genius ahead of him. I just happen to like more of their music.

This isn't science. It isn't math. You can't prove someone wrong (or yourself right). We like who we like.

Your right Kid Joe I see your point 100% but again to me to have a top 10 greatest emcees of all-time from the east and not have Cool J on that list seems dumb to me man, whether you like what you like or not....

example: right now we have moved on to top ten groups of all-time from the east and if Run-D.M.C. is not on there which they may not on this forum because certain heads may not be feeling their music or the game got more "advanced" from when they did it or whatever may be the case..to not have them on there (and we will see what happens) would be completely stupid IMO...again this is all my opinion dawg!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LL Cool J - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J   LL Cool J - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LL Cool J
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2