Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LL Cool J-Mr. Smith

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Empty
PostSubject: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 1:49 pm

thoughts on this album?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 1:50 pm

I persoanlly think the album is often overlooked. I love the album, and iMO, it's LL's 4th best album. I spun it last night and it's still holding strong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 4:13 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I persoanlly think the album is often overlooked. I love the album, and iMO, it's LL's 4th best album. I spun it last night and it's still holding strong.

Yeah I agree that it's LL's 4th best album. It gets overlooked because of all the classics that dropped in 96 but it's still A 4.5 star album. LL went into decline after this one though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 5:15 pm

you know, this is a good LL cool J record... and I would put it in my top 5 LL albums, but it definitely would not even crack the top ten if I made a list of my top LL and K-Rino albums - this would not even be top 15.

I think I got like 15 K-Rino albums I like more and 3-4 LL albums I like more.

But it is still a very good album.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 6:30 pm

this was a pretty good record...I've got it at 4.25 stars..I disagree KJ, that he went into total decline after it as he released G.O.A.T. which is a 4 star album and Exit 13 which is another 4 star album...but sandwiched in between those was the disgusting Todd Smith (0 stars) and the DEFinition (2.75 stars)....I'm waiting to see what his next one will look like
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 6:32 pm

Don't forget Phenomenon - that one was average - though it had some bangers.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 6:51 pm

Lol @ 0 stars
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 6:52 pm

To be honest, 0 stars is being too kind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 7:20 pm

D.Powell wrote:
this was a pretty good record...I've got it at 4.25 stars..I disagree KJ, that he went into total decline after it as he released G.O.A.T. which is a 4 star album and Exit 13 which is another 4 star album...but sandwiched in between those was the disgusting Todd Smith (0 stars) and the DEFinition (2.75 stars)....I'm waiting to see what his next one will look like

Exit 13 was a good album, but by decline I meant he never reached the elite level again after Mr. Smith. He released a number of average to below average albums following it. G.O.A.T. was a forgettable album IMO. It had some dope songs but I can't see more than 3.5 stars for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 8:37 pm

Mr. Smith is a 4 star album IMO also. This is my 4th favorite LL album also. The remix to "I Shot Ya" is some classic material.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 12:01 am

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Exit 13 was a good album, but by decline I meant he never reached the elite level again after Mr. Smith. He released a number of average to below average albums following it. G.O.A.T. was a forgettable album IMO. It had some dope songs but I can't see more than 3.5 stars for it.

I dunno but for some reason I always equated average with 3 stars...if I give something 3 stars that meant it was average...I gave G.O.A.T. 4 stars and you gave it 3.5...we seem to be off by half a star KJ....I think you liked that album much more than your saying man....lol...nah but that album was pretty decent IMO man...it had some bangers on it......

Last edited by D.Powell on Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 12:05 am

LL's 4th best album to me. The only one i still listen to more is Mama said knock you out
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:43 am

D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

I dunno but for some reason I always equated average with 3 stars...if I give something 3 stars that meant it was average...I gave G.O.A.T. 4 stars and you gave it 3.5...we seem to be off by half a star KJ....I think you liked that album much more than your saying man....lol...nah but that album was pretty decent IMO man...it had some bangers on it......

Co-sign
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 11:28 am

D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

G.O.A.T. had some dope tracks, but I haven't spun it in ages and don't really have the desire to anymore. When I wanna listen to LL, I put on Mama Said Knock You Out, Radio, Bigger and Deffer, Mr Smith, or Walking With A Panther. I have a couple of songs from G.O.A.T. on my iPod, as I do from some of his other albums but his others haven't maintained replay value over the years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 11:43 am

GOAT is dope. I got that at least at 4 stars. It is one of MANY comeback albums LL has had in his career. Yes, he drops a weak album here and there, but he ALWAYS comes back. GOAT is a dope COMEBACK album and showed James Todd Smith still had those skills!
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 11:11 am

If LL drops another records within the next year or so, I think it will top Exit 13. He still has the skills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J-Mr. Smith   LL Cool J-Mr. Smith Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LL Cool J-Mr. Smith
Page 1 of 1