Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Greatest (East) #24

Go down 
+3
T. Myers
Esco
D.Powell
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Top 5, Top 10, or Neither
Top 5
Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Top 10
Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Neither
Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Vote_lcap88%Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 88% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 1:56 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
I don't see how Biggie could be top 10 anything. ONLY 2 albums in the spot that birthed hip-hop does not add up to top 10 no matter how classic they are IMO.

Pounds you're cool and all, but I've seen your Top 10 list and with the exception of KRS-One, NONE of those guys hold a candle to Biggie. Especially guys like Big Jess and Will Smith.

I just meant objectively. I didn't mean my own personal list. Objectively I don't see how Biggie could be top 10 anything with the very short discog. I'm not saying you or Powell can't personally feel he's top 10 just like I feel Big Jess is top 10. That's cool...I'd rather see a personal list anyway. IMO I just don't see how Biggie makes top 10 objectively with such a stacked east coast roster.

Also, Big Jess is not from the east coast, and Will Smith gets in only as the Fresh Prince (as a "group" I suppose).

I know that Big Jess isn't on the East Coast, I was just talking about your GOAT list in general. As for Biggie, the short discog is the only issue anyone can have with him, but I think that's a weak issue because people were calling Cube an all time great after Death Certificate. Same with LL after Bigger and Deffer, KRS after By All Means Necessary, Rakim after Follow The Leader, etc.

But those consensus opinions still stand in retrospect.

Cube, LL & KRS (not really Rakim though) all went on to make more classics. And there were plenty of rappers that entered the game in the early 90s. I'd say Biggie is a legend in the game, but not top 10 because there is simply too many pioneers that have done so much more for hip-hop than Biggie.

Only having 2 albums is not a weak reason to discount him as top 10 IMO. In fact, it seems extremely logical.

I'd say Let The Rhythm Hit Em by Rakim is a classic, so I disagree with you there.

As for Biggie, you mention more MC's debuted in the 90's. Among them is Jay-Z, whom himself has said that if it weren't for Biggie, he probably wouldn't have blown up as much as he did. I know you're not a Jigga fan, but you cannot discount his impact or legacy despite your personal opinion of him. He's the most successful East Coast artist in history and Biggie was his BIGGEST influence. Biggie also influenced many more artists, and was the reason why Bad Boy Records was so dominant in the mid 90's and beyond.

I said Rakim did not go on to make more classics after Let The Rhythm Hit Em.

We can talk about influence all day. I still say there are easily 10 more more influential emcees than Biggie from the east despite what Jay-Z thinks about him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 1:58 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
I don't see how Biggie could be top 10 anything. ONLY 2 albums in the spot that birthed hip-hop does not add up to top 10 no matter how classic they are IMO.

Pounds you're cool and all, but I've seen your Top 10 list and with the exception of KRS-One, NONE of those guys hold a candle to Biggie. Especially guys like Big Jess and Will Smith.

I just meant objectively. I didn't mean my own personal list. Objectively I don't see how Biggie could be top 10 anything with the very short discog. I'm not saying you or Powell can't personally feel he's top 10 just like I feel Big Jess is top 10. That's cool...I'd rather see a personal list anyway. IMO I just don't see how Biggie makes top 10 objectively with such a stacked east coast roster.

Also, Big Jess is not from the east coast, and Will Smith gets in only as the Fresh Prince (as a "group" I suppose).

I know that Big Jess isn't on the East Coast, I was just talking about your GOAT list in general. As for Biggie, the short discog is the only issue anyone can have with him, but I think that's a weak issue because people were calling Cube an all time great after Death Certificate. Same with LL after Bigger and Deffer, KRS after By All Means Necessary, Rakim after Follow The Leader, etc.

I don't know where to start with this post. first of all, it's narrow minded to think that Biggie's discography is the only thing working against him. With as stacked as the east is, why is it not fathomable for people to like 10 artists more? second of all, you mentioning LL would make my point cause he's not the consensus pick any more. Why? Becuase he did release some duds.

Sure, it's fathomable. HOWEVER most of hip-hop nation would vote Biggie into the Top 10 than wouldn't. It's been proven by polls that are MUCH BIGGER than this forum's.

As for LL, While he's not in my personal Top 10. I'd be willing to bet that he's a consensus Top 10 by hip-hop nation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 1:59 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

Cube, LL & KRS (not really Rakim though) all went on to make more classics. And there were plenty of rappers that entered the game in the early 90s. I'd say Biggie is a legend in the game, but not top 10 because there is simply too many pioneers that have done so much more for hip-hop than Biggie.

Only having 2 albums is not a weak reason to discount him as top 10 IMO. In fact, it seems extremely logical.

I'd say Let The Rhythm Hit Em by Rakim is a classic, so I disagree with you there.

As for Biggie, you mention more MC's debuted in the 90's. Among them is Jay-Z, whom himself has said that if it weren't for Biggie, he probably wouldn't have blown up as much as he did. I know you're not a Jigga fan, but you cannot discount his impact or legacy despite your personal opinion of him. He's the most successful East Coast artist in history and Biggie was his BIGGEST influence. Biggie also influenced many more artists, and was the reason why Bad Boy Records was so dominant in the mid 90's and beyond.

We can talk about influence all day. I still say there are easily 10 more more influential emcees than Biggie from the east despite what Jay-Z thinks about him.

I mentioned Follow The Leader, and Let The Rhythm Hit Em was released after that.

You're entitled to your opinion regarding Biggie, but I disagree entirely.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:03 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
It's been proven by polls that are MUCH BIGGER than this forum's.

But that's just another man's opinion. They are no smarter than most of the people on this forum about 90% of the time.

VH1 says that Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is the #1 "pop song" of the 90s. I'll be damned if I objectively agree with most TV outlets or magazines. Not personally, objectively. Usually, I shake my head when reading those kind of articles from so-called music experts.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:04 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

I don't know where to start with this post. first of all, it's narrow minded to think that Biggie's discography is the only thing working against him. With as stacked as the east is, why is it not fathomable for people to like 10 artists more? second of all, you mentioning LL would make my point cause he's not the consensus pick any more. Why? Becuase he did release some duds.

Sure, it's fathomable. HOWEVER most of hip-hop nation would vote Biggie into the Top 10 than wouldn't. It's been proven by polls that are MUCH BIGGER than this forum's.

As for LL, While he's not in my personal Top 10. I'd be willing to bet that he's a consensus Top 10 by hip-hop nation.

The polls are being conducted by a biased party. They are irrelevant. The fact that you dismiss the opinions of this forum because they don't fall in line with what you've been spoon fed your entire life is ignorant. This forum is more of a microcosm of hip hop than you'd like to think.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:06 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

I mentioned Follow The Leader, and Let The Rhythm Hit Em was released after that.

You're entitled to your opinion regarding Biggie, but I disagree entirely.

Damn, I obviously read that wrong. lol...but that doesn't really change my argument anyway.

I didn't think we'd agree on Biggie. It's just how I (and some others apparently) feel about him as a "top 10" candidate.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:07 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

The polls are being conducted by a biased party. They are irrelevant. The fact that you dismiss the opinions of this forum because they don't fall in line with what you've been spoon fed your entire life is ignorant. This forum is more of a microcosm of hip hop than you'd like to think.

Cosign
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:07 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

But that's just another man's opinion. They are no smarter than most of the people on this forum about 90% of the time.

VH1 says that Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is the #1 "pop song" of the 90s. I'll be damned if I objectively agree with most TV outlets or magazines. Not personally, objectively. Usually, I shake my head when reading those kind of articles from so-called music experts.

I'm not a big rock fan so I can't comment there. I agree that some people aren't credible, but my point is Biggie is just as worthy of being mentioned among the Top 10 MC's of all time as any of the other consensus picks made by Hip-Hop Nation.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I'm not a big rock fan so I can't comment there. I agree that some people aren't credible, but my point is Biggie is just as worthy of being mentioned among the Top 10 MC's of all time as any of the other consensus picks made by Hip-Hop Nation.

Whether you know rock or not, I find it hard to believe you put that much weight on TV, internet, and editorial lists. I bet 50% of the people that make those lists don't even listen to hip-hop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:12 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

A biased party?? Then what does that make this forum????? I'm not saying that the opinions of this forum don't count, all I'm saying is that they aren't the clear consensus of Hip-Hop Nation as a whole. Pharoahe Monch being voted Top 10 in the East is a prime example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:14 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Whether you know rock or not, I find it hard to believe you put that much weight on TV, internet, and editorial lists. I bet 50% of the people that make those lists don't even listen to hip-hop.

You can make that case with MTV perhaps, but ALL of those other outlets clearly consist of hip-hop junkies just like us.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:17 pm

This forum and corporate entities are two completely differnet things. First of all we don't have a specific agendas as a group. second of all, we have no way of swaying the results. this forum and those polls are two completely different things.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:51 pm

Let's cut,end and destroy all the BULLSHIT..

1.Big L although a very nice emcee should not even have been nominated IMO, he is not the nicest emcee in DITC (that goes to Lord Finesse IMO) and he is not even close to Biggie in terms of talent or anything else meaning lyrics, flow, production, stage presence (I've seen both live)..etc..etc.

2.I totally disagree Pounds that there are 10 more influential emcees on the east coast than Biggie Smalls...no fuckin way my dude(and that includes Will Smith, he's an influence as an actor waay more than as an emcee)...yes Biggie's output was small but he's had a major motion picture made on his life and also Guerilla Black, Shyne, Jay-Z and Canibus to name a few...all say they were influenced by that man..Jay is on lots of top ten of all-time lists (including my own) Shyne and Guerilla Black(whose from the west coast) wanted to sound just like him and Canibus lyrically is very ill and he admitted on an interview with the Sauce from 1998 that Biggie influenced his writing style..Biggie influenced MANY Pounds and waay more than CL Smooth, Big Jess (whose not east coast),Q-Tip and Will Smith COMBINED...EASILY...this shit is a fact...do your homework my dude..

3.LL Cool J not being on that top 10 list from the east coast of all-time IS A FUCKIN JOKE..it's funnier than Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy and Chris Rock put together....All I can say to that is yeah right mothafuckers....

But again opinion rules as it should.....and these are my opinions, along with a few facts...

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 17 Aug 2009, 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 3:06 pm

I agree that Biggie is top 10 east coast objectively and that is fact. He has lyrics, originality, flow, voice, major impact/influence and classic albums on his side. The ONLY thing going against him is short career.

I also see where Terry is coming from that it should not be "expected" that Biggie is on everyone's top 10 list. And I agree with him about the bias of most of these mag's that do these list and the point Pounds made about 50% of these voters probably don't really listen to hip hop.

Will Smith and Biggie should not even be in the sentence imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 4:27 pm

Terrell Davis is the best running back of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 4:28 pm

No he isn't, Jamaal Anderson is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 4:29 pm

You miss my point my foorish friend.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 4:30 pm

D.Powell wrote:

1.Big L although a very nice emcee should not even have been nominated IMO, he is not the nicest emcee in DITC (that goes to Lord Finesse IMO) and he is not even close to Biggie in terms of talent or anything else meaning lyrics, flow, production, stage presence (I've seen both live)..etc..etc.

2.I totally disagree Pounds that there are 10 more influential emcees on the east coast than Biggie Smalls...no fuckin way my dude(and that includes Will Smith, he's an influence as an actor waay more than as an emcee)...yes Biggie's output was small but he's had a major motion picture made on his life and also Guerilla Black, Shyne, Jay-Z and Canibus to name a few...all say they were influenced by that man..Jay is on lots of top ten of all-time lists (including my own) Shyne and Guerilla Black(whose from the west coast) wanted to sound just like him and Canibus lyrically is very ill and he admitted on an interview with the Sauce from 1998 that Biggie influenced his writing style..Biggie influenced MANY Pounds and waay more than CL Smooth, Big Jess (whose not east coast),Q-Tip and Will Smith COMBINED...EASILY...this shit is a fact...do your homework my dude..

3.LL Cool J not being on that top 10 list from the east coast of all-time IS A FUCKIN JOKE..it's funnier than Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy and Chris Rock put together....All I can say to that is yeah right mothafuckers....

But again opinion rules as it should.....and these are my opinions, along with a few facts...

I respect the fact that Biggie is personally your #1 emcee of all time, Powell. But frankly, I feel it's very dense to claim that Biggie's top 10 inclusion is fact and not just extreme personal bias. And there isn't really much non-fanboy homework to do when considering Biggie. I really don't care about tracking down YouTube clips of rappers stroking it to Biggie. I don't feel any east coast artists with 2 albums makes top 10 all time, period. And I find it nearly hilarious that an east coast golden-ager like yourself would make that claim as if it's fact....well, not as hilarious as the Phonte and 9th Wonder claims. lol

Secondly, I never said Will Smith, Q-Tip, Big Jess or CL Smooth was better than Biggie. It's clear you barely read anything I type with comments like that. Try to keep up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 4:30 pm

you miss my point too...smhhhh
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 4:32 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Will Smith and Biggie should not even be in the sentence imo.

They weren't until KJ & Powell used it as ammo because they know I like the Fresh Prince. Take another look Kev...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 4:42 pm

Alan wrote:
Who thinks BET, MTV, The Source, Vibe, Rap Pages, XXL, About.com know more about hip-hop than the overall knowledge on this forum? We're the real listeners and believers. Moreover, those media outlets push their own agenda whenever possible. They do shit to make a buck. We make these lists because we are all actually obsessed with hip-hop. We live and breathe it.

:gza:

Those polls are from hip-hop junkies just like us in this forum, only MORE people. That's the point I was trying to make.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 4:57 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
Who thinks BET, MTV, The Source, Vibe, Rap Pages, XXL, About.com know more about hip-hop than the overall knowledge on this forum? We're the real listeners and believers. Moreover, those media outlets push their own agenda whenever possible. They do shit to make a buck. We make these lists because we are all actually obsessed with hip-hop. We live and breathe it.

Those polls are from hip-hop junkies just like us in this forum, only MORE people. That's the point I was trying to make.

But they are polls from people who actually watch BET & MTV and read The Source & XXL...lol...I'm not sure I actually believe even 10% (if not 5%) of these people listen to hip-hop as much as we do. That was the point I was trying to make.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 4:59 pm

Steve wrote:

Well, he had a 2,000 yard season so that's like having two good seasons. I guess that's equal to LAD.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 5:06 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

But they are polls from people who actually watch BET & MTV and read The Source & XXL...lol...I'm not sure I actually believe even 10% (if not 5%) of these people listen to hip-hop as much as we do. That was the point I was trying to make.

It's pointless to argue with KJ. He knows he's wrong, but he's gone way too far now to backtrack. He might as well follow this asinine train of thought all the way to the gates of hell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 5:12 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Steve wrote:

Well, he had a 2,000 yard season so that's like having two good seasons. I guess that's equal to LAD.

Well if it weren't for Davis, Elway would have NEVER won a ring. Not saying he's the best RB of all time, just making a point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 5:12 pm

Kool John

Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 82770
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 7:08 pm

H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 8:17 pm

I like Big L, but he's not in the top 10. Maybe top 50.

You guys sure like to take polls around here man. That's cool.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 8:27 pm

Alan wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

I respect the fact that Biggie is personally your #1 emcee of all time, Powell. But frankly, I feel it's very dense to claim that Biggie's top 10 inclusion is fact and not just extreme personal bias. And there isn't really much non-fanboy homework to do when considering Biggie. I really don't care about tracking down YouTube clips of rappers stroking it to Biggie. I don't feel any east coast artists with 2 albums makes top 10 all time, period. And I find it nearly hilarious that an east coast golden-ager like yourself would make that claim as if it's fact....well, not as hilarious as the Phonte and 9th Wonder claims. lol

Secondly, I never said Will Smith, Q-Tip, Big Jess or CL Smooth was better than Biggie. It's clear you barely read anything I type with comments like that. Try to keep up.

Umm BEAVIS TRESVANT Rakim is the GOAT my dude let's not get it twisted..lol...Biggie is number 3 and you already knew that, but your trying to be funny...I feel ya dawg

As for the Phonte and 9th Wonder claims well the laughs are coming from someone who BIG UPS Konami (sounds like a fake ass video-game)...Big Jess (sounds like a country singer)...and CL Smooth (a hometown boy made good, but we BOTH know he's not top 10 on the east coast)...

so now the Phonte and 9th Wonder claims don't sound so far astray huh Ralph??? LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 10:32 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Alan wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Umm BEAVIS TRESVANT Rakim is the GOAT my dude let's not get it twisted..lol...Biggie is number 3 and you already knew that, but your trying to be funny...I feel ya dawg

As for the Phonte and 9th Wonder claims well the laughs are coming from someone who BIG UPS Konami (sounds like a fake ass video-game)...Big Jess (sounds like a country singer)...and CL Smooth (a hometown boy made good, but we BOTH know he's not top 10 on the east coast)...

so now the Phonte and 9th Wonder claims don't sound so far astray huh Ralph??? LMAO!

I don't say Big Jess, Knonam (Konami is a video game company...his name is pronounced "No Name") or CL Smooth (not like you've heard a thing by the former two) were GOAT nothing. You claim Phonte and 9th are...objectively. I don't really care, but I do find it funny.

Just admit you can't see past your personal bias and move on. You obviously don't have an argument here.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 11:36 pm

I've got plenty to debate Ralph but your just choosing not to hear a damn thang but "Cool It Now" as you just keep on harmonizing

I NEVER said neither Phonte nor 9th Wonder was the GOAT dipstick...do you know what GOAT means Pounds?? G.O.A.T. means greatest of all-time

My GOAT emcee is Rakim Allah

and my GOAT hip-hop producer is Marley Marl...got it Pounds?? good man

I said originally that I disagree with you that Biggie Smalls is not one of the most influential emcees from the east coast, because earlier in your debate with KJ you said there were easily ten more influential emcees...fuck it here's your sloppy ass quote:

"We can talk about influence all day. I still say there are easily 10 more more influential emcees than Biggie from the east despite what Jay-Z thinks about him."

that's what ya said Pounds and I'm saying your full of bowel movements and unaware to make a dumb ass statement like that...it's just plain idiotic Pounds..it's not even opinion,it's just dumb man, this is what I'm debating against you..so I definitely have a debate Pounds it's just that your still singing man and not paying attention...show me my quote where I ever said 9th or Phonte was the GOAT??? I thought so man...pay attention Pounds and put down the damn autotune okay....thanks man

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 17 Aug 2009, 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 11:37 pm

Zoltar wrote:
I like Big L, but he's not in the top 10. Maybe top 50.

You guys sure like to take polls around here man. That's cool.

It's what breathes life into this forum, without them, we're nothing
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 9:47 am

D.Powell wrote:
I've got plenty to debate Ralph but your just choosing not to hear a damn thang but "Cool It Now" as you just keep on harmonizing

I NEVER said neither Phonte nor 9th Wonder was the GOAT dipstick...do you know what GOAT means Pounds?? G.O.A.T. means greatest of all-time

My GOAT emcee is Rakim Allah

and my GOAT hip-hop producer is Marley Marl...got it Pounds?? good man

I said originally that I disagree with you that Biggie Smalls is not one of the most influential emcees from the east coast, because earlier in your debate with KJ you said there were easily ten more influential emcees...fuck it here's your sloppy ass quote:

"We can talk about influence all day. I still say there are easily 10 more more influential emcees than Biggie from the east despite what Jay-Z thinks about him."

that's what ya said Pounds and I'm saying your full of bowel movements and unaware to make a dumb ass statement like that...it's just plain idiotic Pounds..it's not even opinion,it's just dumb man, this is what I'm debating against you..so I definitely have a debate Pounds it's just that your still singing man and not paying attention...show me my quote where I ever said 9th or Phonte was the GOAT??? I thought so man...pay attention Pounds and put down the damn autotune okay....thanks man

LMAO!!! It's always funny to see you get mad. You're the only Sally on this thread. lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 12:12 pm

Sally????????

Ummm Okay Ralph "Beavis" Tresvant, no problem man.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 12:48 pm

Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Beavis_and_butthead_headbanging
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 12:52 pm

hahahaha
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 12:54 pm

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 10:36 pm

I like Beavis & Butthead. I also like Ren & Stimpy. What happened to those classic toonz man??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 11:14 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweet relevance. MMM. It smells like fresh baked apple pie. Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 11:18 pm

Zoltar wrote:
I like Beavis & Butthead. I also like Ren & Stimpy. What happened to those classic toonz man??

wtf? Spongebob is all over nickalodeon
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 12:01 am

Zoltar wrote:

i actually have Ren and Stimpy Season 1 on dvd, classic shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #24   Top 10 Greatest (East) #24 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Greatest (East) #24
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2