Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Greatest (East) #28

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
D.Powell
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Top 5, Top 10, or Neither
Top 5
Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Top 10
Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Neither
Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Vote_lcap93%Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 93% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:00 pm

KRob86 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
And Terry if you can't respect an albums status especially when it's universal than you have a lot to learn about hip hop. That does not mean you luv it or hate it but respect is respect when it's due.

There is always learning to be done, but not in this situation. Why is the respect due? Music is purely personal. If i don't like it, i'm going to say i don't like it. I'm not going to respect a 5 star rating just because it is generally given a 5 star rating.

Well if music is so personal why are you given me shit about saying its not a personal classic? I already know what you'll say though so neva mind.

I respect the guts it takes to openly admit you don't think it's a classic. My problem is saying you respect it's classic status. Respect is earned, and it didn't earn the classic status from you.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:02 pm

Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
I'm sorry Kev but you know that's my unmber one hip-hop album of all-time so of course I'm going to take a little bit of offense to anyone saying anything different

kinda like how Pounds gets upset when someone cracks on Living Legends or Konami...lol, ya feel me Kev?

I know what you are saying but if you said Death Certificate is not classic to you but you respect it's status I would have no problem with that.

I don't actually find Death Certificate to be a classic either. AMW? Definitely. But without The Bomb Squad, I'm not feeling it quite as much. Maybe.....I dunno...4.75 stars to me personally....lol. But I still respect it's classic status.

Get it Terry? lol...I'm sure you won't, but I'd like to see you get upset about it again...

No, i don't understand that logic. I have no problem with you not considering it a classic, but what's the point of saying you respect it's classic status?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:03 pm

I think what Kev is trying to say is that even though he doesn't consider it a classic, he has no problem with others saying that it is a classic.

That said, he's CRAZY!! Nation Of Millions is easily one of the best albums in the history of ANY GENRE of music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:04 pm

lol! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But true KJ.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:05 pm

Actually, when you say you respect it's classic status, aren't you just acknowledging that you respect other people's opinions that you converse with on a daily basis? Like yours and Powell's? Kinda like saying "That's cool if you love it. I only like it...but I can see why you love it.".
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:06 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I think what Kev is trying to say is that even though he doesn't consider it a classic, he has no problem with others saying that it is a classic.

That said, he's CRAZY!! Nation Of Millions is easily one of the best albums in the history of ANY GENRE of music.

LOL...we actually posted about the same shit simultaneously. lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:07 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
I'm sorry Kev but you know that's my unmber one hip-hop album of all-time so of course I'm going to take a little bit of offense to anyone saying anything different

kinda like how Pounds gets upset when someone cracks on Living Legends or Konami...lol, ya feel me Kev?

I know what you are saying but if you said Death Certificate is not classic to you but you respect it's status I would have no problem with that.

I don't actually find Death Certificate to be a classic either. AMW? Definitely. But without The Bomb Squad, I'm not feeling it quite as much. Maybe.....I dunno...4.75 stars to me personally....lol. But I still respect it's classic status.

Get it Terry? lol...I'm sure you won't, but I'd like to see you get upset about it again...

No, i don't understand that logic. I have no problem with you not considering it a classic, but what's the point of saying you respect it's classic status?

Shaking My Head

I respect and can see what fanboys see in it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:11 pm

Alan wrote:
Actually, when you say you respect it's classic status, aren't you just acknowledging that you respect other people's opinions that you converse with on a daily basis? Like yours and Powell's? Kinda like saying "That's cool if you love it. I only like it...but I can see why you love it.".

I suppose it could be interpreted like that. I've always respected everyones opinions even if i don't agree, but that's not how i was interpreting it. If that is you or Kev intended, then i definitely jumped the gun on that one.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:16 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:

I suppose it could be interpreted like that. I've always respected everyones opinions even if i don't agree, but that's not how i was interpreting it. If that is you or Kev intended, then i definitely jumped the gun on that one.

That's where I was going with it. I just didn't now how else to explain the fact I respect what you and other intelligent hip-hop heads have to say about certain albums even if I don't personally connect with the main things you/they connect with the said consensus classic.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:21 pm

PE's 2nd and 3rd albums are bonafide classics IMO.

So are Black Star and Black On Both Sides...

I voted neither, though. Dude has been way too inconsistent. His latest effort was dope, but I'm still not sure if Madlib was more responsible for that than Mos was...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:25 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
PE's 2nd and 3rd albums are bonafide classics IMO.

So are Black Star and Black On Both Sides...

I voted neither, though. Dude has been way too inconsistent. His latest effort was dope, but I'm still not sure if Madlib was more responsible for that than Mos was...

Yeah, Madlib's cuts are dope on there...lol...as is most of the production. I like the front half of the album quite a bit more, but it's still pretty solid on the back half.

Oh, and I'd actually give Apocalypse 91 the classic nod as well. But I can see why some wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:30 pm

Alan wrote:
Oh, and I'd actually give Apocalypse 91 the classic nod as well. But I can see why some wouldn't.

Apocalypse '91 would be album #4...

Or did you mean that in an "in addition to" sort of way?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:32 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Alan wrote:

Apocalypse '91 would be album #4...

Or did you mean that in an "in addition to" sort of way?

Sorry. I meant "in addition" to those classics, I'd give album #4 the nod as well. I thought it may have been a consensus classic...maybe not...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:36 pm

Yo Bumrush The Show is 5 stars as well IMO.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:36 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

'tis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:48 pm

damn kev all up in this piece tryin' to judge me and know me and shit, he sounds mad homo tho...gettin all worked up over gettin played out for having the musical tastes of a retarded puppet. im glad you think people on here respect your opinion, but if you look at what time it is you will clearly see youre the one who gets clowned on here, especially for your music taste. nobody but pounds or kj would ever listen to one of your recs in a million years. and if u feelin froggy leap prince fielder, LMAO.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:57 pm

AFutureWithoutAPast wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

'tis.

Really? Hmm....

Maybe I should revisit it. But the last time I tried to listen to it, I couldn't sit through the whole album.

I'd give it, like, 3.5 stars.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 4:04 pm

Yo BumRush The Show is 5 stars IMO too

Actually PE's first 4 albums are classics IMO

coming from a PE "fanboy" what ever the fuck that means..I guess we all are "fanboys" of some hip-hop artist otherwise we wouldn't be posting here right??

But yeah Norf spin that one back man...Chuck started the revolution on that disc
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 4:08 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

'tis.

Really? Hmm....

Maybe I should revisit it. But the last time I tried to listen to it, I couldn't sit through the whole album.

I have a hard time sitting through the whole album too.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 4:10 pm

Alan wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

'tis.

Really? Hmm....

I don't have that problem. Then again, I listen to a good amount of albums that the general population wouldn't be able to listen to. I mean, just look at that trippy musical experience thread. I love that album.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 4:15 pm

Ah Pounds if it's not CONAN or whatever the fuck his name is then you always seem to struggle to listen to it man...lol

Yo BumRush The Show is 5 star material baby bubba..lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 4:16 pm

Alan wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

'tis.

Really? Hmm....

I don't have that problem. Then again, I listen to a good amount of albums that the general population wouldn't be able to listen to. I mean, just look at that trippy musical experience thread. I love that album.

How come you did not respond to me in your own thread (the Trippy thread)? It was a challenge...lol/jk.

The production was so raw on that PE album, that by time I tracked it down, I had heard Nations, Fear, Apocalypse, & Muse-Sick before I even copped it. I respect it like I respect BDP's Criminal Minded, but it is a PE album I rarely play. The forthcoming PE albums murdered the production on Yo in every way, shape and form IMO.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 4:49 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Ah Pounds if it's not CONAN or whatever the fuck his name is then you always seem to struggle to listen to it man...lol

Yo BumRush The Show is 5 star material baby bubba..lol

lmao @ the obviously intentional misspelling of "Knonam"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 6:05 pm

Yo Bumrush The Show is their 3rd best album IMO. I personally like it better than Apocalypse '91.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (East) #28   Top 10 Greatest (East) #28 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Greatest (East) #28
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2