Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saddest movie you've seen?

Go down 
+11
boet
Esco
D.Powell
Jason
Alan
Z-membu
TheHazardous
Norfeest
T. Myers
Shaun
Half
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Saddest movie you've seen? Empty
PostSubject: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 2:31 pm

I'm not sure myself, I'll just list some: Saving Private Ryan, Hardball, Schindler's List, AI, The Shawshank Redemption.....................I'm bored.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 2:32 pm

the chat box is an excellent and productive way to pass time. we all do it
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 2:33 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 2:37 pm

Old Yeller
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 2:46 pm

Passion Of The Christ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 2:54 pm

A Time To Kill
The Notebook (fuck y'all)
Rosewood
Steel Magnolias
Color Purple
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 2:58 pm

KRob86 wrote:
A Time To Kill

Maybe I'm a sucker, but Matthew Mcaugnehy closing argument gets me everytime. nice pick.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 2:59 pm

KRob86 wrote:
The Notebook (fuck y'all)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

Co-Sign your other picks, though. LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:49 pm

i can just picture kev watching the notebook and thinking about willie d gettin fed time and crying like a fat greasy baby, lol.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 4:49 pm

Schindler's List
Rosewood
Gattaca
AI (disappointing and sad, they should've left it in the water for the ending)
Full Metal Jacket
Deer Hunter
Magnolia is a trip
*Damn near all films about slavery with realistic portrayal
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 5:08 pm

Well, I'm off to see Inglourious Basterds. I'll tell you guys if it's sad or not.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 7:54 pm

Sad, it better be Tarantino.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 8:20 pm

Gattaca was an excellent movie man. The part where they were stretching his legs - DAMN, I could feel that.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 10:04 pm

Inglourious Basterds was dope. Everyone go see it, it's the best I've seen from Tarantino in quite some time.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 10:06 pm

Requiem For A Dream. While also very disturbing, the mom in that movie is ridiculously sad to watch. Great movie though.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 10:08 pm

The Lion King
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 12:32 am

Titanic
The Wrestler
Nights In Rodanthe
Passion Of The Christ
Million Dollar Baby
Gran Torino
Mystic River
Revolutionary Road
Seven Pounds

those are some of the first ones that came to mind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 12:48 am

Set It Off
Braveheart
The Champ
The Green Mile
The Express
United 93
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 3:33 am

D.Powell wrote:
Titanic
The Wrestler
Nights In Rodanthe
Passion Of The Christ
Million Dollar Baby
Gran Torino
Mystic River
Revolutionary Road
Seven Pounds

Co-sign, Million Dollar Baby, great rags to riches story, not to mention boxing(which kicks ass). Pretty sad how she lost it all through a cheap shot. Has to be one of my all time favorite movies.
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 7:09 am

7 Pounds
Bambi
mississippi burning
Cry the beloved country
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 10:22 am

Esco wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Titanic
The Wrestler
Nights In Rodanthe
Passion Of The Christ
Million Dollar Baby
Gran Torino
Mystic River
Revolutionary Road
Seven Pounds

Co-sign, Million Dollar Baby, great rags to riches story, not to mention boxing(which kicks ass). Pretty sad how she lost it all through a cheap shot. Has to be one of my all time favorite movies.

Yeah I like Million Dollar Baby a lot too. It was my favorite movie of 2004.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 10:54 am

Sophie Scholl – The Final Days (Sophie Scholl – Die letzten Tage)

Movie about a resistance movement to the Nazis. Pretty sad.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 11:54 am

Sinj.of.SA wrote:
7 Pounds
Bambi
mississippi burning
Cry the beloved country

lmao @ Bambi

Yeah, 7 Pounds was some sad shit, man. I'm a thug, though. I don't cry. lol

Mississippi Burning pissed me off more than anything, though. I wanted to come through the screen and take some people out. I guess that means that they were great actors, huh?

Last edited by Kopasetick on Sat 22 Aug 2009, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
boet
boet

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 11:59 am

without a doubt bruv. some real disturbing shit, really opened my eyes to the segregation you guys had too. in a lotta ways your guys "apartheid" was worse than ours. a lot more violent sometimes.
gosh that 7 pounds was fucking depressing man. poor jelly fish.....
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 12:30 pm

Sinj.of.SA wrote:
without a doubt bruv. some real disturbing shit, really opened my eyes to the segregation you guys had too. in a lotta ways your guys "apartheid" was worse than ours. a lot more violent sometimes.
gosh that 7 pounds was fucking depressing man. poor jelly fish.....

Yeah man, imagine being the best friend that had to help him go through with it all. I don't know if I could do it...

I've read up on apartheid, though. That's sadder than any movie I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
boet
boet

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 12:39 pm

yeah man. shit sucks..... have any yall seen this district 9 everyone seems to be talking bout, i love it, they premier a movie bout fucking south africa weeks b4 it even reaches our shores.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 12:41 pm

District 9 is next on my list. Probably later today. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 1:09 pm

Kopasetick wrote:

I saw it. It's up there with Star Trek and The Taking of Pelham 123 as the best movies of the year IMO.

Next up for me is Inglorious Bastards, followed by Final Destination 4 (which they're calling "THE Final Destination" LOL)
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 1:27 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

I saw it. It's up there with Star Trek and The Taking of Pelham 123 as the best movies of the year IMO.

Next up for me is Inglorious Bastards, followed by Final Destination 4 (which they're calling "THE Final Destination" LOL)

Dope.......
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 5:55 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

Hell yea Star Trek was sick! At first I thought it was going to be some Treky Fan boy flick but it was actually really good.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 7:46 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

I've pretty much given up on the Final Destination franchise. The first one was excellent, in my book. The rest are just rehashes with no real continuity or point. They're just "let's see if we can top the last one" flicks when it comes to creatively killing people.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 9:17 pm

I guess that's why I'm not hyped up about FD either.

I can't believe I forgot Requiem for a Dream.

Requiem had my friends and I arguing about who got it worse in the end?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 9:24 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I've pretty much given up on the Final Destination franchise. The first one was excellent, in my book. The rest are just rehashes with no real continuity or point. They're just "let's see if we can top the last one" flicks when it comes to creatively killing people.

LOL what do you mean given up? the first one was a good movie and the others arent "good" movies but there entertaining imo. Im pumped to see the new one not because it'll be god but because the acting will be horrible enough to make a movie about people dying in the most unrealistic obnoxious ways hilarious.
Back to top Go down
steez
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
steez

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 11:02 pm

Marley and Me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 12:44 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

LOL what do you mean given up? the first one was a good movie and the others arent "good" movies but there entertaining imo. Im pumped to see the new one not because it'll be god but because the acting will be horrible enough to make a movie about people dying in the most unrealistic obnoxious ways hilarious.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 1:14 am

Slang Editorial wrote:

Those are the types of movies I wait to find on Starz a month after they come out. I don't pay to see unintentional comedy...they make plenty of intentional comedy. I do like unintentional comedy, though.

I say "give up" as in the franchise won't be getting anymore of my money. My brain requires a stimulating challenge. Rehashes simply don't give me that challenge...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 1:01 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Titanic
The Wrestler
Nights In Rodanthe
Passion Of The Christ
Million Dollar Baby
Gran Torino
Mystic River
Revolutionary Road
Seven Pounds

Good pick, don't know how I forgot that one.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 1:09 pm

What's all the hate for Notebook? Granted I wouldn't have watched it without female company. But, if you've seen it you know it's a good movie. And powerfully sad.

5 People You Meet In Heaven was the same way.

Watch Oldboy. Maybe not sad (definitely in parts), but the most fucked up revenge of all time.
Back to top Go down
steez
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
steez

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 8:13 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

Watch Oldboy. Maybe not sad (definitely in parts), but the most fucked up revenge of all time.

co-sign. if you enjoy oldboy watch Sympathy for Lady Vengeance by the same director.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 9:10 pm

They are remaking Oldboy with Will Smith. You know they're going to hold back.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 9:12 pm

The saddest movie i've ever seen is N3R0's home movies
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 9:28 pm

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is probably the most straightforward of the trilogy. I have the whole trilogy. TOTALLY WORTH IT!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 11:01 pm

Trilogy? I've only even heard of Oldboy before now.

Americanizing that film is a mistake. Especially as a Will Smith vehicle. No doubt it will be watered down. I just can't see him finding out the truth. I also can't see Hollywood allowing the final scene, where he decides to stay with...

No way.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 7:29 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Trilogy? I've only even heard of Oldboy before now.

Americanizing that film is a mistake. Especially as a Will Smith vehicle. No doubt it will be watered down. I just can't see him finding out the truth. I also can't see Hollywood allowing the final scene, where he decides to stay with...

No way.

Agreed. Will Smith isn't the right dude.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 9:24 pm

I thought the same as well but I'm willing to see how this experiment pans out. I mean, Heath Ledger as the Joker. Didn't see that coming. Who knows. I like most of Will's movies anyway.

Oldboy/Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance/Sympathy for Lady Vengeance are part of a trilogy because they were all done by the same Korean Director with the theme of vengeance. None of the films have anything to do with each other.

It's like John Carpenter's Apocalypse trilogy which includes:
The Thing/Prince of Darkness/The Mouth of Madness
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 1:45 am

Goodbye Uncle Tom
Osama
Children of Heaven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saddest movie you've seen?   Saddest movie you've seen? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saddest movie you've seen?
Page 1 of 1