Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CB4- The Movie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

CB4- The Movie Empty
PostSubject: CB4- The Movie   CB4- The Movie Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011, 7:54 pm

I recently watched this movie a few days ago, and while it was certainly good around the time it initially came out, I don't think time has been kind to this movie at all and I wouldn't say it's a classic either. Your thoughts on this movie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

CB4- The Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB4- The Movie   CB4- The Movie Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011, 9:16 pm

It's always good for a few laughs, but you are right. Though, I never thought it was a classic. I still find it entertaining, but it does seem a little dated. That's probably because hip-hop has changed so much over the years.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

CB4- The Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB4- The Movie   CB4- The Movie Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011, 9:22 pm

Myestro wrote:
It's always good for a few laughs, but you are right. Though, I never thought it was a classic. I still find it entertaining, but it does seem a little dated. That's probably because hip-hop has changed so much over the years.

Good for a few laughs, dated? Definitely.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

CB4- The Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB4- The Movie   CB4- The Movie Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011, 12:39 pm

Of course its dated..shit dropped in the early 90s which obviously has the film depicting hip-hop during that era...I think if u around that time, you'd "get it"..but if u were born around that time(majority of graduating high school class of 2011were) than most of it would prob fall flat...still fn hilarious IMO..BIG ASS BISCUIT
Back to top Go down
昇龍拳_الله
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
昇龍拳_الله

CB4- The Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB4- The Movie   CB4- The Movie Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

I always thought this movie was overrated. It starts off decent but starts to drag in the middle. For a better film watch "Fear Of a Black Hat" It drags to in the last half but it is way better because it is presented in a documentary style like Spinal Tap.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

CB4- The Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB4- The Movie   CB4- The Movie Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 5:34 pm

ACRID" wrote:
Of course its dated..shit dropped in the early 90s which obviously has the film depicting hip-hop during that era...[b[I think if u around that time, you'd "get it"..but if u were born around that time(majority of graduating high school class of 2011were) than most of it would prob fall flat[/b]...still fn hilarious IMO..BIG ASS BISCUIT

I was 15 when it came out, but that's essentially what I meant about it being dated. The fact that younger heads might not "get it". As a whole, they can still find laughs in it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CB4- The Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB4- The Movie   CB4- The Movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CB4- The Movie
Page 1 of 1