Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The most underrated producer?

Go down 
+6
Half
Esco
Laced With Slang
Justin Linker
Dwight
Shaun
10 posters
AuthorMessage

The most underrated producer? Empty
PostSubject: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 3:06 pm

I'm talking people with a career that stretches albums - please no mention of young guns who just got started in the game.

When it comes to the DJ Quiks, Eshams, and other similar producers, who do you think is the most underrated?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 5:00 pm

I'm gonna go with Easy Mo Bee. He was the main producer for Bad Boy when Biggie was alive and it was thriving, he's produced many hits for other great artists like Tupac, Big Daddy Kane, Busta, and many more.

Here's a link for those of you who aren't familiar with him....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easy_Mo_Bee
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 5:07 pm

Easy Mo Bee is definitely one of the most underrated. Most of the dope beats on Ready To Die were done perfectly by him
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 6:06 pm

I think Lord Finesse is a bit underrated as a producer. Alot of the time he's just thought of as dope mc but he's got great production skills too. He's been in the game for a while and he's produced a lot of nice tracks. I agree with Easy Mo Be too.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 6:06 pm

Esham, no doubt. Also Mike E. Clark
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 4:02 pm

I'd have to with No I.D. for his classic production work with Common.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 4:24 pm

Sixtoo: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Sixtoo

He's from Canada, but has produced for a ton of rappers and has a ridiculously extensive discography.

For a more well known cat, I'd go with...

Boots (from The Coup): Even though Pam The Funkstress took care of the scratches, Boots I feel often gets overlooked for the excellent soundscapes he produces. He's produced their whole catalog to my knowledge, but I don't think he's produced much more.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 8:42 pm

Boots is definitely underrated. Way underrated
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:28 am

I'd say J.Linker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:58 am

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
I'd say J.Linker.

Do you mean you'd say Boots is underrated, or is Linker that smokin' behind the boards? lol

Also, gotta give it up for DJ Jazzy Jeff. In my top 5 producers of all time hands down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 11:21 am

Both.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 11:40 am

True Master, easily
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 2:00 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
True Master, easily

Hell yea, Tru Master definitely has skills on the beats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 2:06 pm

What are some of Tru Master's production credits? I know he has produced a lot but I was wondering what exact songs?

I will put in Khayree in the mix as he did dope production for Mac Dre, Mac Mall, and Ray Luv in the 1990s and his stuff was funky but he said he avoided using samples as much as possible which was impressive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 2:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 4:54 pm

SRP, use this list to see True Master's production credits, its organized way better than discogs.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Master#Production_credits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 7:38 am

Deck's R.E.C. room Is one of my all-time Fav. Tracks.

Last edited by MarcoPolo on Sun 17 May 2009, 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re:   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 2:24 am

Muggs for Temples Of Boom, Havoc for Hell On Earth and Blue Sky Black Death - Holocaust
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 4:30 pm

lol - MATT for new poster of the year!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 4:33 pm

Easy Mo Bee, True Master, 4th Disciple, L.E.S., Salaam Remi, those are names that immediately come to mind.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 4:34 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
lol - MATT for new poster of the year!

Damn this cat is pretty new, I'd wait a bit.
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 4:57 pm

Thes one.

Not so much "underated", everyone knows his production is always on point. Just not really recognized as he should be. If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 5:23 pm

So pulling up a post from May 16th of this year makes him old school? I fail to see your logic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 5:26 pm

last year steven
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 5:35 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
last year steven

He's just trying to catch up with everyone else. He's still way behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 7:06 pm

LOL Damn, I would have thought Halfshark would have pulled it since that's his M.O. but big ups to Red.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 8:05 pm

SRP pulled it up, KJ, to show that Red isn't a new poster
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 8:08 pm

The answer last year was Muggs. The answer this year is still Muggs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 8:09 pm

T. Myers wrote:
The answer last year was Muggs. The answer this year is still Muggs.

My thoughts exaactly
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 8:11 pm

Steve, you're only saying that because you iz a Ill Bill stanz
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 8:46 pm

Muggs for me too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most underrated producer?   The most underrated producer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most underrated producer?
Page 1 of 1