Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 10:34 pm

If so what was your experience like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 10:47 pm

I did. I sold both my copies of Blu & Exile "Below the Heavens" on there. It's pretty easy. I'm kinda regretting it though because I should have sold both for more...smh
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 11:17 pm

I haven't done it in a while, but I found the overall experience to be trouble free.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 11:27 pm

What's the difference between it and ebay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 11:29 pm

I never sold anything on ebay so I can't help you out there.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 11:49 pm

Are fees on the front end or the back end?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 12:01 am

I have done both, and I like Amazon better. There are no fees associated with selling your stuff, unlike Ebay. Ebay used to put fees on the front end of your transaction depending on whether your items sold or not. If they did sell the first time you placed your ad, then the fee would be credited back. If you choose to relist your item on ebay, then a fee will be charged.

With Amazon, when you set up your new account, it is linked to your bank account, not paypal. Once you make your first sale, they will hold your funds for a period of time, and then release them to you. Unlike Ebay, there aren't any options for auction or "buy it now" items. you just set a fixed price, and Amazon will take care of the rest. Plus with Amazon, there is no expiration on your ad, unlike ebay.

I hope that helps.

@Space music. You actually had Below the Heavens?! Boy did I miss out on that one. I only have a digital copy. Smh at sleeping on Blue for as long as I did.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 12:08 am

a.scott wrote:
With Amazon, when you set up your new account, it is linked to your bank account, not paypal.

If you sell on ebay, you link up your checking account with PayPal, so it works the same way. I've probably done about 500 transactions (selling) on ebay with very little problems.

That said, I think Amazon will be the way I go in the future since it doesn't require as much work to set-up the ad, re-list the ad, etc. I think the fees are fairly even from what I've heard from people that use Amazon. There's a little more on the back end (with Amazon), where ebay makes you pay some up front. But incorporating PayPal into it makes it a little more work too. So Amazon would be the way I'd go...
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 12:33 am

I've sold plenty on ebay so I understand it well. I'm trying to start back selling and I figured I would sell anything I didn't move on ebay on Amazon instead of constantly relisting it. I want a second source of income. I don't like working for others. I just need the right product that I know about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 1:04 am

TheHazardous wrote:
I want a second source of income. I don't like working for others. I just need the right product that I know about it.

I agree 100%. I am the same way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 1:35 am

a.scott wrote:
I have done both, and I like Amazon better. There are no fees associated with selling your stuff, unlike Ebay. Ebay used to put fees on the front end of your transaction depending on whether your items sold or not. If they did sell the first time you placed your ad, then the fee would be credited back. If you choose to relist your item on ebay, then a fee will be charged.

With Amazon, when you set up your new account, it is linked to your bank account, not paypal. Once you make your first sale, they will hold your funds for a period of time, and then release them to you. Unlike Ebay, there aren't any options for auction or "buy it now" items. you just set a fixed price, and Amazon will take care of the rest. Plus with Amazon, there is no expiration on your ad, unlike ebay.

I hope that helps.

@Space music. You actually had Below the Heavens?! Boy did I miss out on that one. I only have a digital copy. Smh at sleeping on Blue for as long as I did.

Yeah, I actually had two copies of "Below the Heavens". I sold both on Amazon like a year ago thinking it would be reissue soon. Sold both and planned on buying the reissue when it comes out. One year later and no reissue in sight and the album is even more rarer...smh.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 1:54 am

amazon takes a percentage when you sell, but theres no listing fee, its trouble free and an easy process though
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 1:59 am

"Yeah, I actually had two copies of "Below the Heavens". I sold both on Amazon like a year ago thinking it would be reissue soon. Sold both and planned on buying the reissue when it comes out. One year later and no reissue in sight and the album is even more rarer...smh."

I have a sealed copy! Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? 60606
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 2:03 am

I made almost $90 selling both of my copies Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? 256575
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 9:34 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
amazon takes a percentage when you sell, but theres no listing fee, its trouble free and an easy process though

True...

Hell, I may go back to using Amazon...
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 8:14 pm

What percentage does Amazon take?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 9:07 pm

Depends on the price but, if I recall correctly (it's been a year at least), it's still less than what eBay takes...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 9:32 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Depends on the price but, if I recall correctly (it's been a year at least), it's still less than what eBay takes...

u sure? i thought it depended on the type of item, not the price. I could be wrong though
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 9:54 pm

Well, I just posted 22 DVDs, a book, and a printer part on Amazon today...lol.

Here's the stats for this item:

Your price: $10.50
Quantity: 1
Your shipping methods: Standard Shipping
Amazon commission (if sold): $3.92 for Standard Shipping
Shipping credit (if sold): $3.99 for Standard Shipping
Total you will receive (if sold): $10.57 for Standard Shipping

It will probably cost me about $4 to ship this book as it's a larger format, so Amazon is making $3.92 off of my $10.50 sale.

Here's the link for the breakdown:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 9:56 pm

I think that is a little more than Ebay/PayPal, but they make it so damn easy, and the ad is on there forever. You don't have to pay fees if the item doesn't sell 3 times (in those cases, the ebay fees are more). I like it.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 10:29 pm

Do they just email you when someone makes a purchase and you take it from there?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 10:34 pm

^ yea you get an email and they tell you to ship it within 2 business days....when you make a seller account you put your bank account connected to it, so they can just tranfer the money straight into your bank account, it usually takes like 2 weeks though
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 10:36 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
^ yea you get an email and they tell you to ship it within 2 business days....when you make a seller account you put your bank account connected to it, so they can just tranfer the money straight into your bank account, it usually takes like 2 weeks though

2 weeks? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 11:19 pm

Mine takes a couple days... 5 days max. No way would I agree to two weeks. lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 11:42 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Mine takes a couple days... 5 days max. No way would I agree to two weeks. lol

i dont know why it took so long this time...i sold some stuff about a year ago and it only took like 5 days, and recently i sld something and it took like 12 so i said two weeks as the max
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 12:21 am

Mine took like 9 days both times.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:57 am

"^ yea you get an email and they tell you to ship it within 2 business days....when you make a seller account you put your bank account connected to it, so they can just tranfer the money straight into your bank account, it usually takes like 2 weeks though"

...You sell stuff on there, but you couldn't buy something so you could go on the forums? lol
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 9:20 pm

I'm going to give a shot. 2days-2weeks won't kill me especially if it's direct deposit. When I start slanging again I'll let yall know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?   Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone here used Amazon to sell stuff?
Page 1 of 1