Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3

Go down 
+7
Justice
Alan
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
D.Powell
T. Myers
E. Taylor
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Top 5, Top 10, or Neither
Top 5
Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Vote_lcap78%Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Vote_rcap
 78% [ 14 ]
Top 10
Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Vote_lcap17%Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Neither
Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Vote_lcap5%Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 7:26 am

Geto Boys
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 7:27 am

#2 behind Outkast.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:02 am

Top 5
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 9:49 am

top 10 easily minus Willie "Damn" Dee..lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 9:53 am

Fuck you Powell!

Number one for me overall....
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 9:56 am

Top 5.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 10:49 am

top 5 very easily
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 11:03 am

top 5
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 11:05 am

I'm beginning to see that being from the east is a HUGE disadvantage for a lotta of emcees and groups and it further proves my point about NYC being the GOAT in this hip-hop shit EASILY....

you have groups like Run-D.M.C. struggling to get in on the east count and heads like Biggie and LL Cool J also not making it on the greatest emcees count in the east but in the other sections of the country you see Bone,Thugs looking like they are going in without much of a challenge and the same thing with The Geto Boys right here too...

put The Geto Boys and Bone Thugs in the East and see if they make it in?? I seriously doubt that shit..

NYC IS THE GOAT baby bubba...
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 11:09 am

D.Powell wrote:

We know.... You tell us all of the time.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 11:10 am

Justice wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

We know.... You tell us all of the time.

Am I lying Justice?? You tell me!
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 11:40 am

Top 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 12:49 pm

"put The Geto Boys and Bone Thugs in the East and see if they make it in?? I seriously doubt that shit.."

Of course they wouldn't it would be a str8 east coast orgy with the exception of Outkast and NWA. But I'll take GB over all the grps in NYC put together.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 12:55 pm

KRob86 wrote:
"put The Geto Boys and Bone Thugs in the East and see if they make it in?? I seriously doubt that shit.."

Of course they wouldn't it would be a str8 east coast orgy with the exception of Outkast and NWA. But I'll take GB over all the grps in NYC put together.

that's obviously personal opinion huh Kev? and I respect it man, but you and I both know damn well that Geto Boys aren't fuckin with Public Enemy, Wu-Tang Clan, EPMD, Run-D.M.C., A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, The Roots, Gangstarr, Brand Nubian, Ultramagnetic MC's,Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Nice And Smooth, Das EFX, Mobb Deep, Onyx, M.O.P., The Lox, I mean I have Scarface as a solo artist ahead of more than a few of these groups but the group Geto Boys IMO falls below all of those I just listed...of course not everyone is going to agree but I still know that there are 10 groups from the east that go above the Geto Boys in most heads eyes easily....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:04 pm

And I do not disagree with that because there is a powerhose of talent on the east and they had the advantage for yrs with being first and being the fav of the powers that be. So most hip hop fans will favor east coast rap more than any coast because we were feed an extra dose of it throught the 80's and 90's.

And objectively I would be hard pressed to put Geto Boys over some of those grps but for me personally it's no problem. Did you really just put Nice and Smooth, PR & CL, LOX, and Ultramagnetic over the Geto Boys? Now that shows how bias you are fa real, you telling me even from an objective view you think the ones I mentioned are above GB?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:04 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

that's obviously personal opinion huh Kev? and I respect it man, but you and I both know damn well that Geto Boys aren't fuckin with Public Enemy, Wu-Tang Clan, EPMD, Run-D.M.C., A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, The Roots, Gangstarr, Brand Nubian, Ultramagnetic MC's,Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Nice And Smooth, Das EFX, Mobb Deep, Onyx, M.O.P., The Lox, I mean I have Scarface as a solo artist ahead of more than a few of these groups but the group Geto Boys IMO falls below all of those I just listed...of course not everyone is going to agree but I still know that there are 10 groups from the east that go above the Geto Boys in most heads eyes easily....

LOL! The sad thing is that you honestly believe that.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:11 pm

smh at Nice and Smooth and the Lox Powell.

The Geto Boys have something some people like to call Legendary Status, i dont think Nice and Smooth or Lox have achieved that
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:13 pm

KRob86 wrote:
And I do not disagree with that because there is a powerhose of talent on the east and they had the advantage for yrs with being first and being the fav of the powers that be. So most hip hop fans will favor east coast rap more than any coast because we were feed an extra dose of it throught the 80's and 90's.

And objectively I would be hard pressed to put Geto Boys over some of those grps but for me personally it's no problem. Did you really just put Nice and Smooth, PR & CL, LOX, and Ultramagnetic over the Geto Boys? Now that shows how bias you are fa real, you telling me even from an objective view you think the ones I mentioned are above GB?

The Lox consists of Jadakiss,Styles P and Sheek Louch...The Geto Boys consists of Scarface, Willie D(lol) and Bushwick Bill...you tell me where there is more TALENT...

Pete Rock and CL Smooth beat The Geto Boys easily IMO

Nice And Smooth were no joke and beat The Geto Boys easily IMO

Have you ever really listened to Ultramagnetic?? have you ever really listened to those beats and lyrics?? they win easily IMO
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:14 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
smh at Nice and Smooth and the Lox Powell.

The Geto Boys have something some people like to call Legendary Status, i dont think Nice and Smooth or Lox have achieved that

Nice And Smooth aren't legends Slang???

REALLY??

you believe that man?? check the J-Love mixtape collection my dude and then holla back at me okay..lol

they are legends easily my dude...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:17 pm

there legends in their own right but they dont have the catalog r influence to fuck with the Geto Boys
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:22 pm

Is there any way to get away from this gay ass regional affiliation bullshit?

A rapper could put a microphone next to their anus while they were takin' a shit and some of you herbs would swear it was dope if it came from your region. This shit (no pun) is getting more and more lame with every thread.

It ain't about the music anymore... Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:24 pm

I voted top 10, btw...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:28 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Cosigned. I'd say the Geto Boys easily take out De La Soul, Brand Nubian, Ultramag, Nice & Smooth (yeah right...lmao!!), Das EFX, Mobb Deep, Onyx, M.O.P & The Lox (lol). Almost the whole damn list. lol
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:32 pm

chatbox.....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 1:59 pm

"This shit (no pun)"

Lol. Top 5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 2:06 pm

D.Powell wrote:
I'm beginning to see that being from the east is a HUGE disadvantage for a lotta of emcees and groups and it further proves my point about NYC being the GOAT in this hip-hop shit EASILY....

you have groups like Run-D.M.C. struggling to get in on the east count and heads like Biggie and LL Cool J also not making it on the greatest emcees count in the east but in the other sections of the country you see Bone,Thugs looking like they are going in without much of a challenge and the same thing with The Geto Boys right here too...

put The Geto Boys and Bone Thugs in the East and see if they make it in?? I seriously doubt that shit..

I like Geto Boys and Bone Thugs, but I co-sign everything said here. Geto Boys might have a chance in the East, but it'd be just barely. Bone Thugs wouldn't make it in the East though.

Back to the point of this thread though, Geto Boys are 2nd for me in the South behind Outkast.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 2:33 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Cosigned. I'd say the Geto Boys easily take out De La Soul, Brand Nubian, Ultramag, Nice & Smooth (yeah right...lmao!!), Das EFX, Mobb Deep, Onyx, M.O.P & The Lox (lol). Almost the whole damn list. lol

Ahh boy Pounds strikes again...this man is obsessed with every comment I make like the bitch in the Beyonce movie...it's a damn shame...he acts like I say things for his approval...LMAO!

Who cares Pounds....honestly man...go get some pussy before you turn 30 and then holla at 'cha boy okay!

Cheers this is how you will feel after finally getting some...I mean it really makes you feel better man, trust me..lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 2:38 pm

De La Soul >>>> Geto Boys
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 2:39 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
De La Soul >>>> Geto Boys

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 2:46 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Cheers this is how you will feel after finally getting some...

lmao...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 3:11 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Is there any way to get away from this gay ass regional affiliation bullshit?

A rapper could put a microphone next to their anus while they were takin' a shit and some of you herbs would swear it was dope if it came from your region. This shit (no pun) is getting more and more lame with every thread.

It ain't about the music anymore... Shaking My Head

No it is not because unlike for you mighty Nor sometimes regional taste plays a big role in the music when discussing opinions. If you are more in tune with a certain region sound will this not effect most opinions when discussing music outside of that region said person may be more into?

Geto boys make De La Soul look like Young Black Teenagers in my eyes. And I like De La but with my preferance toward GB music its not even close.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 3:15 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Ahh boy Pounds strikes again...this man is obsessed with every comment I make like the bitch in the Beyonce movie...it's a damn shame...he acts like I say things for his approval...LMAO!

Who cares Pounds....honestly man...go get some pussy before you turn 30 and then holla at 'cha boy okay!

Cheers this is how you will feel after finally getting some...I mean it really makes you feel better man, trust me..lol

Who's obsessed? I've gotten plenty of pussy, and you're probably just upset because what you have at home is dried up and wants nothing to do with you.

My comment was never a personal stab. You're just being a little Sally as usual. I'd take Geto Boys over all those groups.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 3:31 pm

Kev you really believe that Bushwick Bill, Willie D(lol) and Scarface make Pos, Trugoy and Mase look like The Young Black Teenagers??? LOL okay man..whatever!

As for you Poundcake, well calling you a twinkie doesn't fully describe you...and what the fuck is a "sally"?? is that a Minnesota thang??? your a cornball man...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 4:50 pm

Geto Boys may not be better than a couple of selections, but other than that it's a grand canyon sized gap between everyone else and GB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 5:52 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Kev you really believe that Bushwick Bill, Willie D(lol) and Scarface make Pos, Trugoy and Mase look like The Young Black Teenagers??? LOL okay man..whatever!

WTF!!! Kev I know you love GB and all, but they AIN'T murking De La.

Even if you feel GB is a better group (which I disagree with) the gap between the two really isn't that wide. You're biased towards gangsta rap so that's the only reason why you'd say that.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 6:09 pm

Steve wrote:
Geto Boys may not be better than a couple of selections, but other than that it's a grand canyon sized gap between everyone else and GB

which ones Steven??

And your right it is a GRAND size canyon between how much better these groups are the Geto Boys...you hit that one on the head my man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 6:20 pm

Brand Nubian, Ultramagnetic MC's, Nice And Smooth, Onyx, M.O.P., The Lox
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 6:52 pm

Brand Nubian-Sadat X,Grand Puba, and Lord Jamar....whew that's some talent right there if I ever saw some...they've got bangin albums (One For All, In God We Trust, Everything Is Everything, Foundation, Fire In The Hole)...and honestly I think they are killing the Geto Boys and it's not even remotely close..too much talent for them to keep close IMO!

Ultramagnetic MC's-Ced Gee,Kool Keith,Moe Love,TR Love....again ridiculous talent edge over the Geto Boys...Ced Gee produced Criminal Minded among many others..and Kool Keith was just different and lyrically very ill and they had some bangin albums to boot not only Critical Beatdown which is better than ANY Geto Boys album IMO but also Funk Your Head Up and The Four Horsemen....they also are killing The Geto Boys IMO

Nice And Smooth-they added the harmonizing element to the game but could also spit if needed see "Sometimes I Rhyme Slow and Dwyck" for just a few examples and also released some bangers like Ain't A Damn Thang Changed, Nice And Smooth (the debut) and Jewel Of The Nile...too much talent for Bushwick and Willie D in particular...the Geto Boys lose again IMO

Onyx-very innovative group and came right out the box with 3 classics in a row...Bacadafucup, All We Got Iz Us and Shut 'Em Down...and they produced some of their shit as well...again too much talent (Sticky Fingaz,Fredro Starr,Sonsee) for the good ol Geto Boys IMO...Onyx wins!

M.O.P.-umm Steven your sleeping on these dudes man...they are killing the Geto Boys and are just as hardcore as them and just as real..they came out with 4 bangers in a row, To The Death, Firing Squad, First Family 4 Life, and Warriorz...all of these are too much for the Geto Boys to handle...lyrically they are average, but that energy is too strong combined with Preemo's production my dude...the Geto Boys outside of 'Face are average on the mic too...M.O.P. wins baby bubba....

The Lox-now I admit this is a personal pick, because their groups albums have been average to above average but when I think about all of the talent in this group which has been proven time and time again (on their solo efforts and guest and mixxtape appearances)..Jadakiss, Styles P and Sheek Louch up against Bushwick Bill, Willie "Damn" Dee and Scarface (The legend) I still think The Lox are better man than them overall talent-wise but this is the only one I'm giving to the Geto Boys as far making better albums.....The Lox are like an east coast Geto Boys but with far superior overall talent and that's why they win for me Steven..

I hope this explains my picks to all idiots, doubters and fuckheads on here...lol
REAL TALK..you guys may not agree with the picks or the reasons why I picked them but these are my reasons and I'm sticking with 'em....

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 26 Aug 2009, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 7:05 pm

i dont disagree that the rappers are better (in most cases), especially in comparison to bushwick and willie d, but geto boys have better discog by far
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 7:08 pm

I voted top 10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 7:32 pm

Out of Powell's picks, the only one of those groups I'd rank over Geto Boys is Brand Nubian.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 7:40 pm

But you did see all of my picks from earlier right KJ??

how far up the line do you think the Geto Boys should rank as an all-time group?? and why? I have them in the top 10 for southern groups no questions asked but where do you see them country wide?? and again why??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 7:46 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

WTF!!! Kev I know you love GB and all, but they AIN'T murking De La.

Even if you feel GB is a better group (which I disagree with) the gap between the two really isn't that wide. You're biased towards gangsta rap so that's the only reason why you'd say that.

Biased towards G Rap has nothing to do with it it's just preferance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:04 pm

D.Powell wrote:
But you did see all of my picks from earlier right KJ??

how far up the line do you think the Geto Boys should rank as an all-time group?? and why? I have them in the top 10 for southern groups no questions asked but where do you see them country wide?? and again why??

But Powell your opinion on Geto Boys when compared to east coast groups is pointless. You favor and luv these grps they are part of your growing years in hip hop. Now Steve and KJ on the other hand seems to be looking at it more objectively and realistic. Of course there is preferance in their comments also but not as strong as yours.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:11 pm

Last edited by KRob86 on Wed 26 Aug 2009, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:29 pm

Mind Playin' Tricks>>>>>>anything the Lox has ever done

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:33 pm

Kev is not about the more realistic lyrics for me...it's really about Bushwick Bill and Willie "Damn" Dee...these two nuggets can NOT be apart of one of the GOAT groups of all-time..it's just impossible in my eyes man..plain and simple

for me they are not worthy of that kind of praise and have proven it many times over with their average to below average appearances on the mic...I almost feel sorry for 'Face that he couldn't have a Styles P or a Prodigy or a Sadat X in his group man...he was damn sure worthy of that and he got two nuggets..lol

they bring The Geto Boys down too far for me personally..they are a top ten group out of the south but they fall waay down the list when I start listing the entire country...blame it on the nuggets man...lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:34 pm

Of course The Atlanta Falcons fan goes and picks the only Geto Boys song he knows..LMAO..the biggest one of their entire career..lol

thanks TRANNY!! (good looks on the nickname Norf)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:38 pm

smh I have 4 Geto Boys albums, ol' ancient one who loves to ride Eli's nuts. How many do you own? Does the Lox even have a song that big? Fuck no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next