Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3

Go down 
+7
Justice
Alan
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
D.Powell
T. Myers
E. Taylor
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Top 5, Top 10, or Neither
Top 5
Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap78%Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 78% [ 14 ]
Top 10
Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Neither
Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:41 pm

Man you can't tell me Willie D and Bushwick did not kill their verse for those trks I posted. If you cannot feel that then your human emotion in rap form is dead. I don't want to hear a bunch of methphors and slick lines for a whole fucking album all the time. I like that life shit man sorry you don't in the more simple/universal sound.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:42 pm

wrote:
smh I have 4 Geto Boys albums, ol' ancient one who loves to ride Eli's nuts. How many do you own? Does the Lox even have a song that big? Fuck no.

I own 3 of The Geto Boys joints and whether The Lox have a song as big as that means what Tranny? Don't you like The Blue Scholars better than The Geto Boys?? I've heard you say that before right?? do Blue Scholars have a song even as big as The Lox?? let alone The Geto Boys???

HMMMMMMMM!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:44 pm

Dog you only own 3 Geto Boy albums? Covo over you lose, I own every LOX album grp and solo wise so I know them very well you probably don't even play those GB joints.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:47 pm

Of course I like Blue Scholars more, but I wouldn't say they are better than the Geto Boys. Duh?...I already know Blue Scholars aren't on that level, I'm not a blind idiot like you my dude. You praise the gayest NY acts and overrate them like they are something special when most of them couldn't get any shine back than.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:48 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Man you can't tell me Willie D and Bushwick did not kill their verse for those trks I posted. If you cannot feel that then your human emotion in rap form is dead. I don't want to hear a bunch of methphors and slick lines for a whole fucking album all the time. I like that life shit man sorry you don't in the more simple/universal sound.

Willie and Bill did a decent job my dude but their flows outside of Mind Playing Tricks On Me just plain puts me to sleep...and Bill's voice is HORRIBLE..at least I can tolerate Willie's a little..lol

I like PE alot Kev..that's REAL LIFE shit right...I like X-Clan alot...that's REAL LIFE shit right?? I like Brand Nubian, that's REAL LIFE shit right??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:48 pm

I also love your assumptions about me only hearing one Geto Boys song, but yet I own more albums from them than you.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:50 pm

wrote:
Of course I like Blue Scholars more, but I wouldn't say they are better than the Geto Boys. Duh?...I already know Blue Scholars aren't on that level, I'm not a blind idiot like you my dude. You praise the gayest NY acts and overrate them like they are something special when most of them couldn't get any shine back than.

You wouldn't say they were better because you have no balls Tranny, that's why your called Tranny man..lol

I say what I feel and don't give a damn what others on here think...this is my opinion Tranny, not yours, not Pounds, not Kev's....this shit is mine baby bubba....and I'm confident in what I say..plain and simple...I NEVER doubt my hip-hop knowledge my dude how about you??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:53 pm

Just because I feel Blue Scholars more on a personal level doesn't mean they are better than Geto Boys, fool. Just because I bump them more than Geto Boys doesn't mean they are better than Geto Boys, fool. I like Jin a lot, but I don't think he's better than Eminem. Understand ol' ancient one who loves to ride Eli's nuts?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:56 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Dog you only own 3 Geto Boy albums? Covo over you lose, I own every LOX album grp and solo wise so I know them very well you probably don't even play those GB joints.

I own 3 and heard them all Kev, and I'm still not impressed with Willie "damn" Dee and Bushwick "3ft 2in" Bill...sorry man, they bring the group down...EPMD as an example were two average lyricists but they complimented each other and brought each other up.....Bill and Willie hurt 'Face being part of the group man IMO

PE-Flavor Flav complimented Chuck extremely well

Run-D.M.C.-these two were average lyricists who complimented each other and made classic material

and these are just a few examples of some great groups IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:57 pm

Your opinions sucks, IMO ol' ancient one who loves to ride Eli's nuts.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 8:58 pm

wrote:
Just because I feel Blue Scholars more on a personal level doesn't mean they are better than Geto Boys, fool. Just because I bump them more than Geto Boys doesn't mean they are better than Geto Boys, fool. I like Jin a lot, but I don't think he's better than Eminem. Understand ol' ancient one who loves to ride Eli's nuts?

I think you actually like Eli more than I do.....your constantly talking about him man..lol

you should just be discussing Matt Ryan not Eli as much as you do, and for the record my favorite Giants player in 2009 is Ahmad Bradshaw followed by Justin Tuck baby bubba okay?? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 9:00 pm

Ahmad Bradshaw???? lololololol 🚲

Is that bum even out of jail yet?

Last edited by <Space Muzik> on Wed 26 Aug 2009, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 9:00 pm

And Blue Scholars ain't even on The Lox's level..so let's not get that twisted either mmmkay??
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 9:02 pm

Yeah Ahmad Bradshaw...dude has a ring..was the leading rusher in the post season during the Giants SUPERBOWL run..will be an integral part of the team this year with D.Ward gone..I mean what part don't you understand man??

And dude is small with a heart bigger than your entire body Tranny...lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 9:08 pm

LOL! Everyone knows a lot of those groups don't even belong in a discussion with the Geto Boys. Powell keeps bringing up Willie D and Bushwick for obvious reasons, but he fails to mention Big Mike who played a big role on one of their potential classics. Big Mike wasn't to be played with my man. Das EFX? M.O.P.? Onyx? Nice & Smooth? They are all dope in their own right, but they ain't coming close to The Geto Boys.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 11:50 pm

lol at this thrad still going, i already made my comments in the chatbox this morning
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 8:43 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
lol at this thrad still going, i already made my comments in the chatbox this morning

Haha yeah same here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 9:59 am

Why make comments in the chatbox and not here where everyone can see them?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:01 am

KRob86 wrote:

Slang made me do it. Powell was supposed to make a Lox v Geto Boys poll.......where that go?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:05 am

AFutureWithoutAPast wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Slang made me do it. Powell was supposed to make a Lox v Geto Boys poll.......where that go?

Gee, I wonder who would win...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:06 am

Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Gee, I wonder who would win...

Lol I know, it's such a close matchup
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:12 am

The Lox would win easily in my eyes mothafuckers...lol

you bored ass dudes won't let this one die.....so let's talk about Terry saying that Aquemini>>>>>>>>>>>>>It Takes A Nations Of Millions To Hold Us Back

Let's talk about Pounds saying NEITHER to the Wu-Tang Clan as one the greatest groups of all-time from the east....

Let's talk about Kev saying that the Geto Boys makes De La Soul look like The Young Black Teenagers to him

Yo, Future GET OFF MY DICK and stop bringing up what the fuck I said okay...lol

your a clown my dude, yeah I said I think The LOX are better than The Geto Boys...is your dick still attached my dude..lmao...get a life man!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:15 am

lol!

I would personally take Aquemini over the PE though.

I got one...

Let's talk about how 9th Wonder is a better producer than Rick Rubin. LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:17 am

D.Powell wrote:

your a clown my dude, yeah I said I think The LOX are better than The Geto Boys...is your dick still attached my dude..lmao...get a life man!

Ask your main bitch, she knows.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:18 am

I got another one let's talk about how Unknown Prophets is the BEST midwestern group of all-time

HUH!

As for you taking Aquemini over Nations well that's just further proof your clueless just like Terry..lol

let's talk about Khonami releasing the best album of 2008...LMAO!

Yeah right RALPH....

Last edited by D.Powell on Thu 27 Aug 2009, 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:21 am

D.Powell wrote:

You mean your mother???
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:22 am

D.Powell wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

You mean your mother???

Nah, I mean your sister.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:23 am

D.Powell wrote:
I got another one let's talk about how Unknown Prophets is the BEST midwestern group of all-time

HUH!

As for you taking Aquemini over Nations well that's just further proof you clueless just like Terry..lol

let's talk about Khonami releasing the best album of 2008...LMAO!

Yeah right RALPH....

You'll probably never hear the Unknown Prophets, or give them objective listen, but I bet you'd really like them. Your loss. But yes, they are easily #1 in the Midwest IMO.

Aquemini holds far more replay value for me. The production, the rapping...I'd definitely take it in a heartbeat. But Aquemini is in my top 10 albums of all time. PE is not...

Who's Khonami?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:23 am

Bring Da Noise>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rosa Parks all damn day Ralph!

LOL!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:25 am

Rebel Without A Pause>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Skew It On The BBQ all damn day Ralph!

LOL
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:26 am

D.Powell wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

You mean your mother???

Nah, I mean your sister.

Okay I won't bury Future today because as we can see this dude is completely WACK...so I'll let him walk away gracefully from this one
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:26 am

For the record, I do agree with Powell that Nations is a better album than Aquemini. I love both though.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Synthesizer

ALL DAMN DAY Ralph...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:27 am

D.Powell wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

You mean your mother???

Nah, I mean your sister.

Okay I won't bury Future today because as we can see this dude is completely WACK...so I'll let him walk away gracefully from this one

Do you have a turd in your pocket?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:28 am

Night Of The Living Bassheads>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SpottieOttieDopaliscious

ALL DAMN DAY RALPH
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:29 am

D.Powell wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

You mean your mother???

Nah, I mean your sister.

Ok I will........not much of a beef fan anyway, I prefer chicken.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:29 am

Prophets Of Rage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Return Of The G

ALL DAMN DAY RALPH
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:31 am

Nations is MURDERING Aquemini and very easily too

Ralph is still sanging to the crowd like a lil bitch with penny loafers...lol

Hey Ralph "Cool It Now"...."Is This The End??"..."Jealous Girl"......

you tap dancing fruitcake....lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:32 am

D.Powell wrote:

ALL DAMN DAY Ralph...

Is this what were gonna do? Go back and forth on tracks? Why not actually talk about something that matters? I'll humor you even though it's lame. I'd take "Return Of The "G"", "Rosa Parks", "Skew It On The Bar-B", "Aquemini", "Slump" & "Da Art Of Storytellin' (Part 1)" over pretty much any PE cut (period). Track for track, "Aquemini" has more standouts and more replay value IMO. And definitely better production. "Nations" is one of my favorites of all time, just not in my top 10 like "Aquemini".
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:33 am

D.Powell wrote:
Nations is MURDERING Aquemini and very easily too

Ralph is still sanging to the crowd like a lil bitch with penny loafers...lol

Hey Ralph "Cool It Now"...."Is This The End??"..."Jealous Girl"......

you tap dancing fruitcake....lol

LOL...getting a little upset are we? You act like woman...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:35 am

Alan wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

ALL DAMN DAY Ralph...

Is this what were gonna do? Go back and forth on tracks? Why not actually talk about something that matters? I'll humor you even though it's lame. I'd take "Return Of The "G"", "Rosa Parks", "Skew It On The Bar-B", "Aquemini", "Slump" & "Da Art Of Storytellin' (Part 1)" over pretty much any PE cut (period). Track for track, "Aquemini" has more standouts and more replay value IMO. And definitely better production. "Nations" is one of my favorites of all time, just not in my top 10 like "Aquemini".

This is a quote that I want EVERY hip-hop fan on here to see and remember FOREVER..it gives a little insight into the thoughts of one Ralph Tresvant...a clear look at a lost mind...fellas this is your brain on drugs...just say NO!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:36 am

Now we know why Ralph Tresvant and Bobby Brown hung out with each other so damn much...here's the proof written for all to see...lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:39 am

D.Powell wrote:
Alan wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

ALL DAMN DAY Ralph...

This is a quote that I want EVERY hip-hop fan on here to see and remember FOREVER..it gives a little insight into the thoughts of one Ralph Tresvant...a clear look at a lost mind...fellas this is your brain on drugs...just say NO!

LMAO!! You old washed up east coast worshiping coot...lol. Plenty of people would EASILY take (meaning prefer...a word that may not be in Powell's dictionary) Aquemini over Nations. Too bad you're so blinded by your bias to recognize that.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:40 am

D.Powell wrote:
Now we know why Ralph Tresvant and Bobby Brown hung out with each other so damn much...here's the proof written for all to see...lol

LMAO!! I tell ya Powell. You are easily the most sensitive and woman-like figure on this forum. It's pretty much a constant basis when you throw fits over something trivial like this. You act like a damn baby. lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:42 am

Alan wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

ALL DAMN DAY Ralph...

IT WAS WRITTEN....nuff said

Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 578644
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:44 am

Cast your vote Powell...(there's 2 now)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 4:02 pm

D.Powell wrote:
But you did see all of my picks from earlier right KJ??

how far up the line do you think the Geto Boys should rank as an all-time group?? and why? I have them in the top 10 for southern groups no questions asked but where do you see them country wide?? and again why??

Yeah I saw all your picks, and while I would take a number of them over GB, there are some that don't even come close (The Lox, MOP, Das EFX, Onyx, Nice & Smooth just to name a few).

I know you dislike Willie D and Bushwick, but let's take the solo act thing out of the equation and just focus GB as a group. While those two are only about average individually, they sound DOPE at times when rhyming with Face and those smooth Rap-A-Lot beats. For example, I feel that Bushwick had the dopest verse on GB's biggest hit, Mind Playin Tricks On Me.

And there are average to below average MC's in some of the groups you mentioned as well. For example, Greg Nice is average at best lyrically (and some would say below average) but when rhyming over dope beats and with Smooth B he sounds dope. His rhyme scheme is as paint by numbers as they come though.

As for how GB ranks countrywide to me? Not sure exactly what number I'd give them, but they're definitely in the mix. I'd say somewhere between 9th and 15th. They have a strong discography, and to me that means more than individual talent although I feel that Scarface is one of the best that ever did it.

The Lox are dope individually, but they have ZERO classic albums to their name as a group or solo, while GB has 2 classics and if you include solos, Face's discog is SUPERIOR to all 3 members of The Lox/D-Block's solo efforts, as he has 3 classics IMO.

So all together that's 5 classics for Face/GB and none for The Lox/D-Block. So Geto Boys win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 5:08 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Yeah Ahmad Bradshaw...dude has a ring..was the leading rusher in the post season during the Giants SUPERBOWL run..will be an integral part of the team this year with D.Ward gone..I mean what part don't you understand man??

And dude is small with a heart bigger than your entire body Tranny...lol

Coooo-Sign. Fuck C Tran! The Giants have won 3 Super Bowls in franchise history, whereas The Falcons have zero championships and have never had winning records in back to back seasons.

Bradshaw and Tuck are awesome, but my favorite Giant is Osi Umenyiora.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Greatest Grps (South) #3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2