Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry

Go down 
+7
Norfeest
parker lewis
Z-membu
J. Harris
T. Myers
D.Powell
Laced With Slang
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Ghostface- Wizard Of Poetry
3.0 or lower
Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_lcap31%Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_lcap8%Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_lcap8%Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_lcap15%Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
 8% [ 1 ]
Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_lcap30%Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_rcap
 30% [ 4 ]
Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_lcap0%Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_lcap0%Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage

Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Empty
PostSubject: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 7:42 pm

Personally, I liked this album quite a bit

Ghost isn't singing on this album, he's just rapping with R&B artists.

That said, this is a commercial album and contains as much singing as rhyming. Those who don't like R&B much probably won't dig this album. I love Ghostface and R&B though so I think it's dope.

If you're a Ghost fan, and even a casual R&B fan I'd recommend this album. At the very least, you should try before you buy. I'd rate it in the Top 15 of 2009 thus far, it may rise up my list with a few more spins.

After two spins, I'll give it 4.25 stars.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Fri 02 Oct 2009, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to add a poll)
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 7:44 pm

its growing on me ive yet to rate it though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 8:21 pm

I have only played it once so far and its on deck for the ride where I can really check it out. I like it from that one listen though.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 4:07 pm

This one is legit..this one is mature Ghostface...I've got it at 4.25 stars too KJ....Ghost is beggin throughout most of the album but I realize that is the point...lol

lyrically he's still doing the damn thang and I like most of the beats

4.25 stars for me and I've spun it about 10 times already....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 4:37 pm

This album is at least 4.25 stars to me. I like it more than OB4CL2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 7:04 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Not me, but I agree with the rating and both albums are among the years best.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 7:17 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Mr.Myers I co-sign that one 1000%

OB4CL2 is highly overrated IMO, I mean it is a decent project...I've got it at 3.50 to 3.75 but it's supposed to be a sequel to an all-time classic and it certainly is nowhere near that first effort IMO

I like the r&b concepts on this album by Ghost.....he went outside the box a little on this one and he did a pretty good job IMO... this is in strong consideration for album of the year for me as well as a few others
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 7:31 pm

You need to spin that Rae joint again Powell.

I think those people that are frowning upon it are doing so because they were expecting another classic like the original. I had no such expectations, especially when you consider that the original is one of the best albums of all time and Rae's solo track record otherwise hasn't exactly been stellar.

OB4CL2 has a number of bangers and quite a bit of replay value. It's unfair to say "oh it sucks because it's not the original". I wasn't expecting that, and nor should have anyone else given what I said above. But it's easily one of the best albums of the year. It's probably about 2nd or 3rd on my list.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 7:35 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
You need to spin that Rae joint again Powell.

I think those people that are frowning upon it are doing so because they were expecting another classic like the original. I had no such expectations, especially when you consider that the original is one of the best albums of all time and Rae's solo track record otherwise hasn't exactly been stellar.

OB4CL2 has a number of bangers and quite a bit of replay value. It's unfair to say "oh it sucks because it's not the original". I wasn't expecting that, and nor should have anyone else given what I said above. But it's easily one of the best albums of the year. It's probably about 2nd or 3rd on my list.

U might be right KJ....I'll give it another few listens and see if my mind changes on it...right now I think it's an above-average effort...so it's still legit but not quite as bangin as I heard it would be to me..but I'll re-visit it man
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 9:36 pm

Damn. Y'all are bashing the shit out of OB4CL2. Some of you even rated that album lower than BP3, and that was a sub-par album from Jay. WTF?!! OB4CL2 is vintage Rae. That album knocks front to back. Spin a couple more times Powell/Myers.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 9:42 pm

I will have to cosign with Mr. J. Harris.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 10:13 pm

i cosign J.Harris too, Ghost didnt even get good R&B features on this besides John Legend everyone else was subpar. This sits at around 3.5-3.75 for me...."Stay", "Paragraphs of Love", "Guest House", and "Do Over" are the highlights.

to be honest its a good album but nothing that hasnt been done before really, its good for what it is but the beats are run of the mill mainstream sounding beats (some being exceptionally good) with your generic R&B singer
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 10:55 pm

J. Harris wrote:
Damn. Y'all are bashing the shit out of OB4CL2. Some of you even rated that album lower than BP3, and that was a sub-par album from Jay. WTF?!! OB4CL2 is vintage Rae. That album knocks front to back. Spin a couple more times Powell/Myers.

How fucking condescending can people be? Do you think my opinion will change on the 11th listen? Was 10 listens not enough? You people overrate the hell out of the new Rae album. Maybe you should listen to it more. Do you see how stupid that is? There's no doubt it's solid, but it's nothing to run home and tell your mom about. The second half of OB4CL2 was inconsistent. Am I supposed to overlook that? Aw shucks, Rae gave me a 5 star effort on the first half. I might as well not even listen to the second half. Even when Ghost is not at his best, he can still put out better than a Rae album 10 years in the making.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 11:06 pm

T. Myers wrote:
J. Harris wrote:

How fucking condescending can people be? Do you think my opinion will change on the 11th listen? Was 10 listens not enough? You people overrate the hell out of the new Rae album. Maybe you should listen to it more. Do you see how stupid that is? There's no doubt it's solid, but it's nothing to run home and tell your mom about. The second half of OB4CL2 was inconsistent. Am I supposed to overlook that? Aw shucks, Rae gave me a 5 star effort on the first half. I might as well not even listen to the second half. Even when Ghost is not at his best, he can still put out better than a Rae album 10 years in the making.

I COMPLETELY disagree with you Terry. I've been bumpin the hell out of OB4CL2 from the day I copped it and I love it.

It's not the original, but it's still dope as fuck and better than the vast majority of the hip-hop albums released in '09.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 11:12 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
J. Harris wrote:

I COMPLETELY disagree with you Terry. I've been bumpin the hell out of OB4CL2 from the day I copped it and I love it.

It's not the original, but it's still dope as fuck and better than the vast majority of the hip-hop albums released in '09.

That's fine if you disagree. I'm not trying to force my opinion on you or anyone else

Even when you're disagreeing with me, you still have to realize that i gave ob4cl2 4 stars. It's among the best of the year for me.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 7:55 am

J. Harris wrote:

I already said that KJ maybe right about me re-visiting that album Harris your a little bit late, but you of all people can't knock anyone else's rating on shit man...you have put out over the course of time some of the craziest ratings on certain albums I have ever seen man...real talk

Yeah I'm one of the few that is feeling BP3 over Rae's shit right now...I honestly don't think Rae has it in him to make anymore classic solo joints and that's because he's limited in subject matter and he was never a master of the gangsta genre anyway like say a Kool G Rap....Rae's solo career overall is very inconsistent...everybody knows that and this new album just proves that to me because it is in line with his overall career it's very inconsistent.....I don't give a shit how many times you guys have been bumping it...lol...what does that have to do with MY opinion on something??? I've been bumping this shit by Ghost and Jay's shit on the regular...does that change any of your opinions on either one of those??? I like both of those albums.....shit I didn't hate Exit 13 by Cool J either but I'm sure most of you guys thought it was frisbee material right??

Like I said before Rae's shit right now for me is about 3.5 to 3.75 stars...it is not a classic and it is not bangin as much as you guys would like to believe it is IMO...but I am willing to give a few re-visits and try to see what the fuss is all about....
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 8:01 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
i cosign J.Harris too, Ghost didnt even get good R&B features on this besides John Legend everyone else was subpar. This sits at around 3.5-3.75 for me...."Stay", "Paragraphs of Love", "Guest House", and "Do Over" are the highlights.

to be honest its a good album but nothing that hasnt been done before really, its good for what it is but the beats are run of the mill mainstream sounding beats (some being exceptionally good) with your generic R&B singer

Raheem DeVaughn is DOPE man...not sure what kind of r&b you listen too Slang but if you don't own any of his albums and you don't seem like an r&b head to me then go check 'em out my dude...also Shareefa is dope too...I really don't even consider John Legend r&b...he's more pop than anything man...lol...Ghost went a little bit left on this effort like they used to do in the golden ages...meaning he wanted to be a little bit different on his approach and I'm feeling the chances he took here...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 8:15 am

Raekwon's album is good but its not classic this quick imo. Rae plays it to safe on that album but then again it worked because he stuck to the plan of being on the same page as the 1st masterpiece. I respect Ghost highly for taking a chance and switching it up from the norm, thats hip hop. I still feel Rae album is a tad betta than BP3 as of now though.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 10:24 am

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Raheem DeVaughn is DOPE man...not sure what kind of r&b you listen too Slang but if you don't own any of his albums and you don't seem like an r&b head to me then go check 'em out my dude...also Shareefa is dope too...I really don't even consider John Legend r&b...he's more pop than anything man...lol...Ghost went a little bit left on this effort like they used to do in the golden ages...meaning he wanted to be a little bit different on his approach and I'm feeling the chances he took here...

still, he coudlve got people like Blige, Alicia Keys, etc. I do like the album i have it around 3.5 just like you i just think it could have been done WAY better. If there were more soulful and less synthy tracks in the vein of Wisdom Body, All That I Got is You, Never Be the Same Again, Camay, Killa Lipstick, etc.

id take those songs over most on this album, this album is pretty good but i think couldve been much better, and it was clear that Def Jam had a fair amount of input on this lol
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 12:54 pm

Rae's album is pretty dope, but he dug himself a hole by titling it OB4CL2. Match that with all his talk that it would compare, some folks are bound to feel let down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 6:00 pm

I still don't see what people see in BP3. There are no songs on that album that make me hit the replay button.

People say Vol 2 and Vol 3 are duds, but those albums have songs like Money Cash Hoes and Big Pimpin that MURK anything on BP3.

House of Flying Daggers, New Wu, Ason Jones, and 10 Bricks blow anything on BP3 out of the water also.

I'd even put this Ghost album over it.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 7:17 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I still don't see what people see in BP3. There are no songs on that album that make me hit the replay button.

People say Vol 2 and Vol 3 are duds, but those albums have songs like Money Cash Hoes and Big Pimpin that MURK anything on BP3.

House of Flying Daggers, New Wu, Ason Jones, and 10 Bricks blow anything on BP3 out of the water also.

Hmm...can't say that I disagree entirely.

BP3 is just okay for me, but it's not bad.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 8:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

LOL

No replay on it KJ??? Well I know I've replayed over and over Empire State Of Mind, On To The Next One, So Ambitious, Already Home, What We Talkin' About, D.O.A.,

I can see your just not feeling BP3 which is okay...I'm feeling it though man...it's not a classic by any means, but it does have some pretty good moments on it IMO...I've got it at 4 stars...and yes I do like it better than OB4CL2...that one is even more inconsistent than BP3 IMO...I've got that one at about 3.5 stars...it's is decent but not bangin like some have said IMO....
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 12:49 am

I figured that I might as well drop my 2 cents on this debate. I can agree with the 4.25 rating for the new Ghost but that is the same thing that I would rate BP3. I actually would rate Raekwon about 4.5. Now I admit it's about time for Ghost & Rae to stop talking about Bagging Crack and Pyrex Visions, but the CD is dope....lmao I would say 4.5 out of 5. I can listen to the entire CD and not skip a thing. However, that's just my opinion. I feel that all 3 CDs are atleast 4.25 but out of the 3 CDs, I like OB4CL2 the best.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 1:46 am

^ why? why change a formula that works? I can listen to Rae and Ghost talk about crack all day, and thats really all i want to hear Rae talk about
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 7:54 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
^ why? why change a formula that works? I can listen to Rae and Ghost talk about crack all day, and thats really all i want to hear Rae talk about

HUH????

Are you serious Slang?? because that sounds COMPLETELY wack what you just said man..

Raekwon has got to be about 41 years old man....and he's still baggin crack and standing on the block?? really???

Hey Rae EXPAND your subject matter man...versatility is one of the things that makes an emcee GREAT my dude.....I know he has his certain niche Slang but it's about time to expand his thinking just a little bit..ya think?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 8:08 am

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

HUH????

Are you serious Slang?? because that sounds COMPLETELY wack what you just said man..

Raekwon has got to be about 41 years old man....and he's still baggin crack and standing on the block?? really???

Hey Rae EXPAND your subject matter man...versatility is one of the things that makes an emcee GREAT my dude.....I know he has his certain niche Slang but it's about time to expand his thinking just a little bit..ya think?

Exactly Powell! Without growth, the artist will die. It happens to all artists who are not versatile. They fall off and the never reach the same heights they once did.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 10:05 am

Clipse dont get shit for it and you're still buying there albums

also, most artists i do like to see growth but for an artist like Rae who has mastered the slang and crack rap i dont care if he changes or not
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 10:12 am

And Rae has matured IMO, his wordplay has gotten much better, his storytelling has improved drastically, he's not the raw dude standing on the block anymore, he has matured and has proven he can do other types of songs like "Ason Jones" and he's had a fair amount of verses where he's just demonstrated wordplay and went in on wack mc's, its just he knows a certain type of rap he does best and what his fans come to know him for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 6:51 pm

3.60-3.75 for this album right now....Ghost told some good stories and showed that witty lyricism throughout and I like all of the production (except Shes A Killer) but a lot of the hooks were generic and uncreative to an extent.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 10:29 pm

KRob86 wrote:
3.60-3.75 for this album right now....Ghost told some good stories and showed that witty lyricism throughout and I like all of the production (except Shes A Killer) but a lot of the hooks were generic and uncreative to an extent.

Kev you actually rated the album that low because of the hooks man?? it sounds to me like you really like the album except your not crazy about the hooks used....and that brought it down below 4 stars???
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 11:04 pm

I understand it... Kev has a pretty tough grading curve, Powell. Check his amazon shit.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 11:19 pm

hooks can fuck songs up. there are tracks that i love the beat and verse but hate the hooks. i never listen to them because i cant stand the hooks. they can really bring an album down
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeThu 08 Oct 2009, 8:19 am

D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Kev you actually rated the album that low because of the hooks man?? it sounds to me like you really like the album except your not crazy about the hooks used....and that brought it down below 4 stars???

Yeah man I can't give it a 4 right now but thats the key words "right now". I look at it like this BP3, OB4CL2, and US are all 4 stars to me and this album is not betta than those imo right now. To me they kind of half stepped on some of those hooks and plus i'm not the biggest new school r&b fan so i'm sure thats factored in also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeThu 08 Oct 2009, 7:30 pm

KRob86 wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Yeah man I can't give it a 4 right now but thats the key words "right now". I look at it like this BP3, OB4CL2, and US are all 4 stars to me and this album is not betta than those imo right now. To me they kind of half stepped on some of those hooks and plus i'm not the biggest new school r&b fan so i'm sure thats factored in also.

I'm not the biggest new school R&B fan either. That said, I think this album is about 4-4.25 stars. Raheem DeVaughn has an old school style to him, similar to Anthony Hamilton or Musiq Soulchild so I enjoyed his presence on the album.

I thought Ghost's style blended in well with the R&B singers, and his storytelling ability was top notch as usual. Not since the early LL and Heavy D days has there been an rap album smooth enough to knock boots to. I've done so twice with this album since coppin it Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeFri 09 Oct 2009, 7:41 pm

TMI, KJ, TMI...lol This album isn't everyone as I have said before. However, if you're into the past Ghost songs about ladies, I think you'll like this one. I am going to give this another spin tonight but so far I am sticking with my 4.25 rating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 12:35 am

This album blows. Not even being a Wu Hater, this album just flat out sucks. Don't know how you guys can convince yourself it's anything but garbage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 2:53 pm

N3R0 wrote:
This album blows. Not even being a Wu Hater, this album just flat out sucks. Don't know how you guys can convince yourself it's anything but garbage.

You're not an R&B fan so of course you're gonna say that shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 11:55 pm

I don't hate R&B, I just don't like this. I was really expecting soul samples and storytelling, not sex for 45 minutes with radio ready hooks. I really thought this might be the album that convivced me Ghost was dope, but it didn't do it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:02 am

N3R0 wrote:

No offense but your criticism would mean more if you weren't a bonafide Wu hater. It would be like Powell or KJ saying Haystak's The Natural sucks. Sure it may not be his best, but why would i take them seriously when i know they dislike Car Fulla Whiteboys too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 10:41 am

Dude I'm really NOT a bonafide Wu hater. I just dislike all the constant praise everything they do gets when it's not deserved. Like an 8 track EP with 10 skits that's called an instant classic...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 10:50 am

N3R0 wrote:
Dude I'm really NOT a bonafide Wu hater. I just dislike all the constant praise everything they do gets when it's not deserved. Like an 8 track EP with 10 skits that's called an instant classic...

That's kinda my point. Who's to say the praise is not deserved?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 12:17 pm

Anybody that can seperate their fanboy tendencies from reality long enough to realize that hey, this isn't a musical masterpiece in fact it's everything that the artist supposedly hates?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 12:51 pm

Highsmith wrote:
TMI, KJ, TMI...lol This album isn't everyone as I have said before. However, if you're into the past Ghost songs about ladies, I think you'll like this one. I am going to give this another spin tonight but so far I am sticking with my 4.25 rating.

I find that line to be very accurate. I dig the album. Surefire dope right here. Is it classic? No. Does it suck? No. It's about 68% dope. Some of the tracks do suck -- Stapleton Sex should be laying on the cutting room floor smh -- but they are vastly outnumbered.

That said, there's nothing on this disc that you haven't heard from Starks before.

Just my interpretation of the situation...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:16 pm

Maybe I haven't heard enough of Ghost's other material to haven not been taken off guard by this album.

And ABOUT 68% Norf? That's a very specific estimation.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:20 pm

"And ABOUT 68% Norf? That's a very specific estimation."

I think I can interpret that.... Norf thought that slightly more than 2/3 of the album was dope. Using rounding, that would mean slightly more than 67%, so 68% fit that perfect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:29 pm

Right but on a 14 track album...that percentage..

Nevermind. I was making a joke.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:30 pm

As was I, good sir, as was I.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:31 pm

even at 68% dopeness, it's still a solid album, and definitely not an album that is garbage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:33 pm

Well obviously I whole heartedly disagree with the 68% review. I couldn't listen to a single track on that album more than once outside of "Not Your Average Girl".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry   Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghostface Killah- Ghostdini: Wizard Of Poetry
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next