Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS)

Go down 
3 posters

Carried Away
People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Vote_lcap0%People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Vote_lcap0%People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Vote_lcap25%People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Vote_lcap50%People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Vote_lcap25%People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Empty
PostSubject: People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS)   People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 10:26 am

So how would you rank this one?

I've bumped it a solid 10 times. Really digging it more and more. To be honest, I still like "Fun-DMC" more by about 1/4 star. I just liked the themes on that one more, but this is arguably just as good. I just felt their were a couple more standouts on "Fun-DMC". Either way, quality through and through.

My rating: 4.25 stars
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS)   People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 10:48 am

Choose 4.75 but I'd give it like a 4.875 or so. Big Grin

I felt there are just as much standouts as Fun DMC, if not more. Both have very high rankings though.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS)   People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 2:36 pm

I got this at 4.5. I agree with you Alan than Fun DMC is better, but not by much. This is probably my third or fourth favorite PUTS album but still very dope.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS)   People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 3:05 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Choose 4.75 but I'd give it like a 4.875 or so. Big Grin

I felt there are just as much standouts as Fun DMC, if not more. Both have very high rankings though.

Yeah. I guess the "Fun DMC" standouts I'm referring to are "Swan Fever", "The Fun", "Anotha BBQ", "Gamin' On Ya"...maybe a couple more actually. I dig those songs more than anything on the new one...but not by much really...I just like the old school vibes on it more I guess. Both have old school vibes, but I think the main draw is the production for me. I dig the beats more on "Fun DMC".
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS)   People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 3:19 pm

Have any of you checked out this game board or whatever? I just found this pic and I guess I got to look at it again:

EDIT: I guess they don't share bandwidth...check out the pics someone took though:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1970664
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS)   People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 4:40 pm

Alan wrote:

Yeah. I guess the "Fun DMC" standouts I'm referring to are "Swan Fever", "The Fun", "Anotha BBQ", "Gamin' On Ya"...maybe a couple more actually. I dig those songs more than anything on the new one...but not by much really...I just like the old school vibes on it more I guess. Both have old school vibes, but I think the main draw is the production for me. I dig the beats more on "Fun DMC".

Its all good. The main thing is that you like both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS)   People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People Under The Stairs "Carried Away" (The 7th rap album by PUTS)
Page 1 of 1