Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE

Go down 
+2
ACRID"
T. Myers
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Empty
PostSubject: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 12:20 pm

Not really a discussion topic... just fact. In a battle, on paper, on wax...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 12:36 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 1:02 pm

Hmm, i'm not sure Em would get KRS in a battle. I would love to see it though. However, Em's rhyme schemes blow KRS out of the water.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 1:41 pm

O.T: On the 'Relapse' cover....Is that vomit that creates the mosaic of his face???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 1:42 pm

No, vomit is what is on the face of that disturbing and 100% unnecessary pic you have. Relapse is made up of pills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 1:49 pm

Eminem was an accomplished battle emcee though. KRS can freestyle - he has a lot of freestyle skill - but I don't know if he is used to the type of lyrics and assault Em would bring in a battle. KRS freestyles are typically just safe freestyles about the same stuff he raps about... Eminem is used to real battling and disses and so forth...
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 2:08 pm

Steve, you make yourself sound like a pussy....uneccesary? to what? I despise boneheaded criticism of my work....crap's better kept to yourself...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 2:17 pm

RoyceJustShootsNines wrote:
Eminem was an accomplished battle emcee though. KRS can freestyle - he has a lot of freestyle skill - but I don't know if he is used to the type of lyrics and assault Em would bring in a battle. KRS freestyles are typically just safe freestyles about the same stuff he raps about... Eminem is used to real battling and disses and so forth...

I think Em's career as a battle MC are somewhat exagerrated. He's stil a dope battle MC though. All i'm saying is that this much up is too close for you to say it's a fact. Although i suspect that little nugget was thrown ou there to annoy a few select people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 2:22 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I think Em's career as a battle MC are somewhat exagerrated.

Indeed. If he couldn't take out Dose One, Rhymefest & Juice, how the hell is he going to take out KRS-One. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 2:31 pm

Em's early battle career has been exagerated, but look at how much the man has grown since then. We are talking 15 years ago around - he has become an exponentially better emcee in that time and no doubt his freestyling and battling skills have grown. I mean KRS One between the time he started rhyming and his run with BDP and solo career so you can not discount that.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 2:33 pm

Em's early battle career has been exagerated, but look at how much the man has grown since then. We are talking 15 years ago around - he has become an exponentially better emcee in that time and no doubt his freestyling and battling skills have grown. I mean KRS One between the time he started rhyming and his run with BDP and solo career so you can not discount that.

Em is much better MC now, but if you are comparing the two when they both were at the top of there game, it's not a no brainer to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 2:52 pm

No brainer in which way?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 2:55 pm

No brainer in which way?

You said it was fact. I don't think the decision is that easy. Therefore, it's not a no brainer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 2:57 pm

I missed the NOT - my bad - I don't know I think Em takes this one easily. He's on a whole nother level lyrical and structurally than KRS has ever been...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 3:05 pm

IMO Em in his prime vs. KRS in his goes to KRS because he's the deeper rapper and makes the more "stick to your ribs" lyrics. Em jokes to much sometimes which his cool cause that's his thing but KRS is pure substance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 3:09 pm

KRob you a grumpy old man with the hatred for jokes and having fun.

I think Eminem gets plenty deep he is just not as straightforward as KRS.

KRS will tell you "you need to be true to yourself, you need to make yourself, etc etc.."

Em will deliver the same message but in a different manner, like "The Way I Am" so I see them both as some of the more substantive rappers ever.

And then you look at KRS and he likes to have fun - not like joking - but with hip-hop - still#1 and songs like that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 3:16 pm

KRob86 wrote:
IMO Em in his prime vs. KRS in his goes to KRS because he's the deeper rapper and makes the more "stick to your ribs" lyrics. Em jokes to much sometimes which his cool cause that's his thing but KRS is pure substance.

Cosign. And Em doesn't even battle anymore, does he? When he was "in his prime" as a battle rapper (slightly before SSLP era), he was above average, but some of his jokes and punchlines were completely wack. Not to mention dude couldn't stop yelling "bi*ch" every 4th word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 3:34 pm

acrid.one wrote:
Steve, you make yourself sound like a pussy....uneccesary? to what? I despise boneheaded criticism of my work....crap's better kept to yourself...

boneheaded? skill or not (yeah skill, i couldn't do that crap) crap is ugly, and disturbing. if you dont want crap said about your work don't put it out there....pussy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 5:02 pm

I like Em and all but KRS is the ILLEST battle rapper of all time. I've seen him LIVE and he's just murderous. Em would give him a run, but in the end I believe KRS would come out on top.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 5:06 pm

I seen KRS ONe live on youtube and he can freestyle but I would not say he could go hard in a battle... not like a battle battle... maybe back in the 80s when battles were all slow and so forth... but against eminem he would have a hard time keeping up with the white messiah of rap...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 5:31 pm

I seen KRS ONe live on youtube and he can freestyle but I would not say he could go hard in a battle... not like a battle battle... maybe back in the 80s when battles were all slow and so forth... but against eminem he would have a hard time keeping up with the white messiah of rap...

That's BULLSHIT SRP. The speed of your flow has NOTHING to do with how well you battle. It's all about punchlines and delivery, and Kris can deliver punchlines as well as ANYBODY in hip-hop history. Even Em himself will tell you that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 8:09 pm

KRS is a natural crowd rocker and with his strong delivery I think he would get Em. Em would get him early in the match maybe with his flow and style but once Krs keeps diggin and get the crowd hype it would be over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:05 am

I don't think KRS would have ever stood a chance. He would just throw Eminem off stage because he towers over him.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 1:00 am

acrid.one wrote:
O.T: On the 'Relapse' cover....Is that vomit that creates the mosaic of his face???

Relapse cover is dope as funk....cover of the year so far (and its pills)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 3:54 pm

KRob86 wrote:
KRS is a natural crowd rocker and with his strong delivery I think he would get Em. Em would get him early in the match maybe with his flow and style but once Krs keeps diggin and get the crowd hype it would be over.

That's a good point. Punchlines will only go so far. KRS has that presence and boisterous flow. Two things that Em severely lacks in a battle.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 4:05 pm

Steve- your such a tool-

and disturbing...you goddamn right disturbing, that was my aim-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 1:27 pm

"That's a good point. Punchlines will only go so far. KRS has that presence and boisterous flow. Two things that Em severely lacks in a battle"

Krs drops Em in a 3rd round knockout

Last edited by MarcoPolo on Sat 23 May 2009, 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 11:06 pm

Shut up Vern.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 4:37 am

You're Vern, Vernon.

LOL at all of the things said by the real Vern and by M. Smith
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 10:04 am

"IMO Em in his prime vs. KRS in his goes to KRS because he's the deeper rapper and makes the more "stick to your ribs" lyrics. Em jokes to much sometimes which his cool cause that's his thing but KRS is pure substance"

Em's Immature substance would be his downfall. I said 3 round's. Krs could probably take him in 2. As far as Vern telling people to shut up on this forum. Somebody need's to explain to him what an 'Opinion' is.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 10:43 am

T. Myers wrote:
Although i suspect that little nugget was thrown ou there to annoy a few select people.

That's pretty much the long and short of it, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 2:06 am

Kopasetick wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Although i suspect that little nugget was thrown ou there to annoy a few select people.

That's pretty much the long and short of it, IMO.

You wish Norf... get off the high horse..

Myers was referring to the fact I added the little "it's a fact" nugget, which was just thrown in there to rile some feathers - but the discussion itself was serious and the response was good IMO...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 4:00 am

"You wish Norf... get off the high horse..

Myers was referring to the fact I added the little "it's a fact" nugget, which was just thrown in there to rile some feathers - but the discussion itself was serious and the response was good IMO..."

I'm pretty sure norm realizes that lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 9:53 am

Well that's just in case he doesn't...get familiar...
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 11:45 am

I'll say this....'Insane' off Relapse starts off weird as crap, but EM ends up killing that track a few ticks into it......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 7:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 4:17 pm

Yo, Steve, I was just listening to some of those yesterday. Did you hear the one with Em and Proof?

Proof says something like "Y'all better take cover, Eminem is white but he's still my brother". I was like whaaaaaaat
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 5:21 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
acrid.one wrote:

Relapse cover is dope as funk....cover of the year so far (and its pills)

Relapse: Cool cover, boring music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE   Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eminem would MURK KRS-ONE
Page 1 of 1