Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who got the best listening taste on this forum?

Go down 
+10
Xcel
Norfeest
arokone
Dang! Trotter
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
Shaun
steez
Justin Linker
T. Myers
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:23 am

And I notice SRP didn't rank me, just say I was better than Pounds. And I know how he feels bout Pounds' listening tastes...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:32 am

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
And I notice SRP didn't rank me, just say I was better than Pounds. And I know how he feels bout Pounds' listening tastes...

Not like it really matters. There's no need for validation when considering the music that actually hits your soul. Nobody can take that from you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 10:09 am

Thanks for the pep talk Al lol. E&A in a month!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 10:24 am

E&A in a month!!

E&A in a month? Holy crap I had to go to their myspace to check that out. Tight! Must be a fairly recent update? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 10:49 am

Wow, Al, it was on HipHopDx and everything. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 10:59 am

Wow, Al, it was on HipHopDx and everything. lol

I may have only been on that site a couple times. lol

Their myspace blog about it was only posted 3 days ago. So it is fairly recent.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 11:25 am

KJ Styles wrote:

Ok my bad. I always thought that you were an ICP fan though. If I'm mistaken then I apologize.

No problems. I do listen to some of their sh** but it's more of a guilty pleasure thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 12:31 pm

I'll have an official Top 25 coming out soon - Nero I see you maybe top 20 but not top 15...
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 11:58 am

My vote goes to Norf...He definitly has a wide range of taste in music....

Peace
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 3:36 pm

I listen to everything Norm does plus some. I'm better than everyone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 4:19 pm

I think Norf has the best taste. Granted almost everybody has introduced some dope stuff at some point, but if I had to put money on somebody's recommendation, I'd choose him.

*then I'd choose me by a close second, lol!
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 5:05 pm

Arok is cool - but he leans towards the jazzy stuff.

SRP--->You are on the outside looking in on that comment...I listen to alot of other styles of hip hop beside Jazzy stuff. I just specialize in Jazzy stuff.

Peace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 9:37 pm

arokone wrote:
Arok is cool - but he leans towards the jazzy stuff.

SRP--->You are on the outside looking in on that comment...I listen to alot of other styles of hip hop beside Jazzy stuff. I just specialize in Jazzy stuff.

Peace

Arok... ummm I fail to see how are comments diverge so much...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 10:23 pm

RoyceJustShootsNines wrote:
Norf can be diverse but his knocks are that he seriously thinks he's unbiased and he also leans towards the same jazzy, soulful rap despite his diversity.

You're wrong. Sorry...

Thanks A. Scott, Arok, and Jeff...

If I had to pick someone outside of myself, I'd say XCL.

Last edited by Kopasetick on Wed 27 May 2009, 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 11:04 pm

Truthfully I don't think we can really pick any one person so obviously the most diverse person (Norf, in this case seems to be consensus) will get it. But obviously the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts (fuck you, B.Johnson) so the whole forum wouldn't be what it is without everybody contributing.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 1:13 am

"If I had to pick someone outside of myself, I'd say XCL."

Thanks Norf! But I still have a lot of hip hop to catch up on. I'm trying to get up on some more southern and west coast material...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 7:03 pm

That Parker Lewis dude listened to nuthin but the st5riaght FFIIYYAA!!

Like usig matches for q-tips ova here! You guys can use that, I ain't greedy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 7:25 pm

Parker Lewis I didn't know you were a Pyscho+Logical head like THAT.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 7:26 pm

Let me take a shit in your house. Then we'll see what's what.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:41 pm

I win this one by a country mile. Nobody who listens to ICP or 95% of bay area rap should even be up for consideration for top ten.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 5:49 pm

Who is the most honest about their listening habits is a better question. I don't believe for a second that Powell ONLY listens to old school east coast artists. I know enough old heads to know that they still keep up on the new crap and aren't as ignorant as dude comes off. At least KJ asks for recs and checks out new crap.

I've got the best taste on this forum IMO

followed by Norf and Kool John and probably Pounds

SRP only listens to BULLSHIT and so do you N3RO...I mean you'll never find Haystak in my collection baby bubba...lol...I've heard some shit from him and it's sounds WACK..

Terry has good taste too.....

Kev is cool at times but we do have a difference of opinion on quite a bit of shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 10:04 pm

pounds...seriously powell? do you even know what he listens to? seriously?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 10:24 pm

Apparently Pounds IS Powell.

And Powell, if you EVER fucking call me baby bubba again we're gonna have problems.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 11:26 pm

Apparently Pounds IS Powell.

And Powell, if you EVER fucking call me baby bubba again we're gonna have problems.

LOL okay baby bubba..LOL
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 11:29 pm

Steve wrote:
pounds...seriously powell? do you even know what he listens to? seriously?

I know that Pounds has recommended for me

MF Doom-Viktor Vaughn
Blu And Exile-Below The Heavens
eMC-The Show
One Be Lo-S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M.

and a few other bangers that I'm forgetting...so he's given me some tight shit over time man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 12:43 am

chances are Pounds also recommended another 200 albums you didn't like... in fact I'm pretty sure he was cosiging Blazing Arrow that you hate so much.

It's all good Powell, your hip-hop taste is good and I respect, but now way you are top 100 on this forum. I got you in the top 400 as far as tastes go on this forum...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 5:01 am

LOL.

Anyways, I have the best taste on this forum, for the 400th time
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 6:48 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
chances are Pounds also recommended another 200 albums you didn't like... in fact I'm pretty sure he was cosiging Blazing Arrow that you hate so much.

It's all good Powell, your hip-hop taste is good and I respect, but now way you are top 100 on this forum. I got you in the top 400 as far as tastes go on this forum...

LOL I feel ya SRP.....no way your top 1000 either IMO in terms of taste on this hip-hop forum baby bubba...lol

And the sad thing about that is I'm pretty positive that between the amazon forum and this forum there isn't even 1,000 posters as we speak man...lol

I would honestly say your tastes in hip-hop is DEAD LAST on these forums....your opinion on music has always been suspect to say the least outside of that Joey Budden (3.5 star) recommendation you gave me for Padded Room, which was a very decent effort and I appreciate the rec for that one...but other than that one your suspect dude....better yet: DEAD LAST baby bubba....lol
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 11:06 am

Haterex wrote:
I win this one by a country mile. Nobody who listens to ICP or 95% of bay area rap should even be up for consideration for top ten.

LOL...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 11:25 am

Hey Powell, I'm not fucking joking. Don't call me that again. I show you the respect of not delibrately pissing you off and I expect the same. Be a man and don't call me that again.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 9:03 pm

Hey Powell, I'm not fucking joking. Don't call me that again. I show you the respect of not delibrately pissing you off and I expect the same. Be a man and don't call me that again.

I'm not a man if I call you baby bubba??

I take care of my kids my dude...I pay my own bills my dude, I support the wife my dude

all the attributes of being a man in my book

you sound like your threatening me over the internet like you would kick my ass if I called you baby bubba...lol

as MC Shan used to say: KILL THAT NOISE, baby bubba and save the threats for someone who actually gives a damn..lol

what the fuck is this about?????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 9:10 pm

This is about you being unable to show some one common fucking respect Powell? Ask anybody if I've ever in my history of posting made stupid threats over the internet what I said was "we're going to have a problem" being a an african american living on the east coast maybe you don't understand the conotations of the new slang word you seem to like calling everybody but once again powell, here's the thing about BEING A MAN that you don't seem to get:

If I unintentionally crossed a line with another man that had showed me respect previously I WOULD APOLOGIZE AND NOT DO WHAT HE ASKED ME NOT TO DO. That's being a man.

Since you're acting like you don't get it, out of sheer cool dude jeff-ness I'm going to ask you one more fucking time to never say that to me again and apologize. This is about you being the person you claim to be and not being like certain other bitches on the forum that claim they're cool and blah blah blah but they're really not. I'm asking you to do the right thing and fucking stop with that bullshit and quit acting like you're too cool to listen to reason.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 9:56 pm

This is about you being unable to show some one common fucking respect Powell? Ask anybody if I've ever in my history of posting made stupid threats over the internet what I said was "we're going to have a problem" being a an african american living on the east coast maybe you don't understand the conotations of the new slang word you seem to like calling everybody but once again powell, here's the thing about BEING A MAN that you don't seem to get:

If I unintentionally crossed a line with another man that had showed me respect previously I WOULD APOLOGIZE AND NOT DO WHAT HE ASKED ME NOT TO DO. That's being a man.

Since you're acting like you don't get it, out of sheer cool dude jeff-ness I'm going to ask you one more fucking time to never say that to me again and apologize. This is about you being the person you claim to be and not being like certain other bitches on the forum that claim they're cool and blah blah blah but they're really not. I'm asking you to do the right thing and fucking stop with that bullshit and quit acting like you're too cool to listen to reason.

N3RO I honestly don't know why your getting all bent out of shape over an "old" slang term....and as for me being "an african-american on the east coast" well I'm not sure where your going with that one either....it seems like your reaching for some type of "race relations" card but I'm not sure and don't want to attack you and be wrong on all counts...so please explain??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 10:00 pm

Baby Bubba, let's just say it means racist. And I don't fucking take kindly to it.

Look, you've obviously never lived in a trailer court in the midwest or the south, so maybe it means something different on the east coast, but "Bubba" is what Klansmen call each other and "baby bubba" is what wannabe or children of KKK members are called. I don't like it, and I don't wanna EVER be associated with shit like that. I apologize if you didn't know what it meant but the least you could have done was just stop doing it then ask instead of just keeping on calling me something.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 10:05 pm

Baby Bubba, let's just say it means racist. And I don't fucking take kindly to it.

Look, you've obviously never lived in a trailer court in the midwest or the south, so maybe it means something different on the east coast, but "Bubba" is what Klansmen call each other and "baby bubba" is what wannabe or children of KKK members are called. I don't like it, and I don't wanna EVER be associated with shit like that. I apologize if you didn't know what it meant but the least you could have done was just stop doing it then ask instead of just keeping on calling me something.

Okay then if that's what it means out there then I do apologize for saying it man

by the way "baby bubba" comes from The Sugarhill Gang "Rapper's Delight" dawg.....the extended version of the song...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:12 pm

I appreciate that Powell, I don't have all the lyrics of that song memorized so I was unaware of any other conotation of the term as I'm sure you were. Sometimes it's easy to forget the cultural differences and I didn't mean to flip out like that but that's a touchy issue with me and I don't let anybody get the wrong idea about me.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 7:12 pm

Baby Bubba is also a song by Dru Down & Bootsy Collins, I think they're talking about a fat bitch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who got the best listening taste on this forum?   Who got the best listening taste on this forum? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who got the best listening taste on this forum?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2