Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Is The Best Outkast Album?

Go down 
+10
Laced With Slang
Cory
Jason
T. Myers
E. Taylor
Norfeest
Xcel
Shaun
Deanie O'Banion
Funk Seoul Brother
14 posters
AuthorMessage

What Is The Best Outkast Album? Empty
PostSubject: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:18 am

Vote for the best 'Kast album and why! Winner will win the title of the best. I gotta think about this one, but get the voting started!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:43 am

No poll? Mr 100 posted topics in one night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:44 am

Nah, fuck a poll, I'm tired of like 4-5 people talking and 20 votes - we gonna talk this important vote through!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:49 am

Idlewild by a country mile.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:33 am

Alright I'll be the first to vote, since I know Cise is bullshitting.

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:34 am

ATLiens all day
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:49 am

ATLiens
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 4:00 am

For me, it alternates between ATLiens and Aquemini depending on the day.

I'll go with Aquemini for now...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:49 am

I guess "Atliens'. I think it along with "Aquemeni" and "Southerplayalistic" are all classic albums and my pick could change depending on the day probably.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 8:04 am

you can't go wrong with their first 3 or 4 really, but ATLiens and Aquemini standout the most IMO. I prefer Aquemini by a hair over ATLiens. IMO Aquemini is where Andre 3000 cemented himself among the greats. He did not have a single wasted verse on the entire album, and a few of them were EASILY among the best verses of the year. Not to mention Big Boi was killing the vast majority of mc's on the album too. The originality on the album was crazy to me at the time, and i like the production little more than ATLiens.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 9:08 am

Aquemini
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 11:03 am

ATLiens because they went an entire different direction from their 1st album and it worked. Nothing was pimped out or real cool about this album it actually felt like you were listening to something E.T. Both of them leveled up lyrically and the subject matter was more mature and open minded. They must also get credit with how original the rapper meets alien concept was and for them to make it work deserves props alone. It could have easily backfired on them.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 11:06 am

Cise Starr wrote:
Idlewild by a country mile.

co signed
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 11:18 am

I was being dead serious. Morris Brown is easily Kast's biggest joint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:02 pm

Cise Starr wrote:

That's a dope song but it's not even close to Kast's biggest, and Idlewild was a weak album.

My vote is for Aquemini.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:18 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Cise Starr wrote:

That's a dope song but it's not even close to Kast's biggest, and Idlewild was a weak album.

My vote is for Aquemini.

Yeah i was joking. And the Idlewild movie was terrible, i walked out when i seen it in theater
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:20 pm

im gonna have to say ATLiens but BARELY, theres easily days where i enjoy Aquemini more but for their overall best ill say ATLiens
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:29 pm

You guys are just hating. Aquemini and ATLiens can't touch Idlewild.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 1:25 pm

Cise Starr wrote:

i cant tell if youre joking or not but if your not as KJ would say, GTFO With That Bullshit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 1:38 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Cise Starr wrote:

i cant tell if youre joking or not but if your not as KJ would say, GTFO With That Bullshit!

LOL exactly!! C'Mon Son!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:12 pm

T. Myers wrote:
you can't go wrong with their first 3 or 4 really, but ATLiens and Aquemini standout the most IMO. I prefer Aquemini by a hair over ATLiens. IMO Aquemini is where Andre 3000 cemented himself among the greats. He did not have a single wasted verse on the entire album, and a few of them were EASILY among the best verses of the year. Not to mention Big Boi was killing the vast majority of mc's on the album too. The originality on the album was crazy to me at the time, and i like the production little more than ATLiens.

My thoughts exactly, man. Well said...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 3:52 pm

Gotta go with ATLiens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 4:01 pm

I think I could easily pick any of the first 3 on any given day and not be disappointed...they all are classics, they're all dope for different reasons. But if I gotta pick one it's gonna be Aquemini because that was the first Kast album I bought.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 4:34 pm

Aquemini for the same reasons as N3R0
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 10:37 pm

The first three are all classics. But I'll give the title of the best to Aquemini because it has my favorite Kast song on it (Skew It On The Bar-B).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 10:50 pm

Justice wrote:
The first three are all classics. But I'll give the title of the best to Aquemini because it has my favorite Kast song on it (Skew It On The Bar-B).

That's my fav Outkast song too!! Big Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 10:51 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
Vote for the best 'Kast album and why! Winner will win the title of the best. I gotta think about this one, but get the voting started!

AtLiens gets it for me. No skippable tracks at all. It gets the most replay value from me.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 9:02 pm

I flip-flop between 2 for a favorite, but 75% of the time...

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Aquemini
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Is The Best Outkast Album?   What Is The Best Outkast Album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Is The Best Outkast Album?
Page 1 of 1