Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Album Of The 90's Day 4

Go down 
+10
Alan
D.Powell
Cory
Half
Justice
T. Myers
Norfeest
E. Taylor
Funk Seoul Brother
Shaun
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which One?
Midnight Marauders
Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 57% [ 12 ]
Stress: The Extinction Agenda
Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
E. 1999 Eternal
Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 4   Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 12:14 am

Alan wrote:
Kendrick Davis wrote:
Alan wrote:
But you have to admit, Releasing Hypnotical Gases is easily the most lyrically murderous cut on there.

Definitely. I love the dark vibe and the political message it holds. It basically was a preview of Stress, which was a darker and more thought provoking album. I just think OK were hungrier, and the production hit its peak on Stress. OK's debut is also classic, but I think has not stood the test of time as well as Stress. I also have a stereo CD copy of both albums.

You think so? I always thought their greatest lyricism was captured on their debut. Stress was darker and was more hardcore...which is why it's Kev's favorite...lol. I agree they were very hungry on that album, but it was a little more about the vibe than it was skills IMO. Their debut is lyrically one of my favorites of all time. Stress just isn't quite as impressive IMO.

Yeah I suppose on the lyrical side of things, OK's debut does take the cake. My favorite OK verse is probably Monch's on "Bring It On" though.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 4   Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 12:19 am

Kendrick Davis wrote:
Alan wrote:
Kendrick Davis wrote:
Alan wrote:
But you have to admit, Releasing Hypnotical Gases is easily the most lyrically murderous cut on there.

Definitely. I love the dark vibe and the political message it holds. It basically was a preview of Stress, which was a darker and more thought provoking album. I just think OK were hungrier, and the production hit its peak on Stress. OK's debut is also classic, but I think has not stood the test of time as well as Stress. I also have a stereo CD copy of both albums.

You think so? I always thought their greatest lyricism was captured on their debut. Stress was darker and was more hardcore...which is why it's Kev's favorite...lol. I agree they were very hungry on that album, but it was a little more about the vibe than it was skills IMO. Their debut is lyrically one of my favorites of all time. Stress just isn't quite as impressive IMO.

Yeah I suppose on the lyrical side of things, OK's debut does take the cake. My favorite OK verse is probably Monch's on "Bring It On" though.

I can definitely understand why someone would like Stress more. They're very different albums.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 4   Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 12:21 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

Yeah I agree, but I spin the other two more.

Yeah damn...I've been spinning this since we've been talking, and "Walk Into the Sun" is right up there with "Releasing Hypnotical Gases" for me. I like the latter more lyrically, but "Walk Into the Sun" is probably my favorite OK single. "Stress" comes close to that.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 4   Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 12:27 am

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

Yeah damn...I've been spinning this since we've been talking, and "Walk Into the Sun" is right up there with "Releasing Hypnotical Gases" for me. I like the latter more lyrically, but "Walk Into the Sun" is probably my favorite OK single. "Stress" comes close to that.

yeah, i'm spinning it too. Prisoners of War is just as dope IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 4   Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 12:28 am

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

I liked the beat and message on Walk Into The Sun.

I often find myself spinnin certain records that get talked about here after talking about them.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 4   Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 12:29 am

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

yeah, i'm spinning it too. Prisoners of War is just as dope IMO.

My second favorite track on the album.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 4   Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 12:31 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

I liked the beat and message on Walk Into The Sun.

I often find myself spinnin certain records that get talked about here after talking about them.

Yeah, i do that all the time too.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 4   Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 1:47 am

Man, all three of these are probably in my top 15 , but I gotta go with Tribe again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 4   Album Of The 90's Day 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album Of The 90's Day 4
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2