Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do White people listen to hip hop?

Go down 
+10
Jason
Cory
Shaun
Norfeest
Funk Seoul Brother
T. Myers
E. Taylor
Laced With Slang
Half
Dang! Trotter
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 9:54 pm

Good question.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 10:43 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Duck Down is co-owned by Dru Ha (white).

And 4 labels wouldn't be enough to fight off assimilation."

That's why I said (I think). Also, you just said name a few.

You're right. I did say that...to Jeff.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 11:00 pm

You never pointed out who it was directed towards. Therefore, it was anybody's question.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jan 2010, 2:45 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Why do white people exist?

To be the light of the world,ofcourse. And to convert us non-anglo heathens to the ways of the almighty god. Also Whites are responsible for 99% of the technology we enjoy. It was a White guy (Thomas Edison) who invented the method to record sound by means of the phonograph which lead us to enjoying Hip Hop records.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jan 2010, 2:49 pm

So white people make it possible to enjoy hip hop! That's the answer to the original question!
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jan 2010, 2:50 pm

Its funny Shaun said MIC records. They're as defunct as the Sega Saturn. Neither Kong or Megalon's abum was released on that label. But No-Limit,Bad Boy, CashMoney are all black owned and did more to destroy hip hop than anything. But they were successful
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jan 2010, 2:53 pm

Lol, I sort of meant Royce Da 5'9"'s label....
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jan 2010, 10:44 pm

Shaun wrote:
You never pointed out who it was directed towards. Therefore, it was anybody's question.

Inaccurate, sir.

Jeff asked a question. I answered. Very obvious.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 11:53 am

I assume the point you're trying to make Norf is that even if a label head is a black guy that the owner of the distrobution company or parent record label is in fact white, therefore white people are still in control. I would counter by saying that J.Prince owns Rap-A-Lot right? And that's distro'd by Priority which is owned by a white guy. Well, if Priority wants to make money they still have to put out records by J.Prince and allow his control because they obviously wouldn't be able to do his job or they'd be doing it. And actually, J.Prince, Suge Knight, and Irv Gotti were in talks a few years ago about puttin together a black owned indie distro company (which was a brilliant and inspired move, too bad without Suge involved they couldn't put it together) which is what hip hop REALLY needs.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 2:08 pm

I don't really know any black folk who like Untitled, or any other politically charged rap artists or albums. Sad truth. I like old Common, The Roots, PE, Tribe, Mos Def, Dead Prez, etc etc, more than any black people I know.

I try to pass this music on, and nobody around me is interested. They want club music, period.

As for why I like it, it's addressing changes that are needed. Regardless of race. The motivation is racial, but they are speaking on class reformation. The real question is why don't more blacks support Chomsky, RATM, or even "their" own representatives in this struggle.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 2:10 pm

I know more black people that like RATM over hip hop.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 2:13 pm

And you can tell me all day how many people bought Untitled. I'm telling you none of the black dudes i've talked about it with liked it. I won't even discuss it with most of my friends, because I already know where their heads are at.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 2:17 pm

Oh yeah. I wasn't saying that everyone was like that, just my personal experience.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 2:22 pm

Shaun wrote:
I know more black people that like RATM over hip hop.

What's wrong with RATM
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 2:25 pm

Nothing. Rage is dope. Nobody said anything bad about them.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 2:28 pm

Shaun wrote:
Nothing. Rage is dope. Nobody said anything bad about them.

Ok, cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do White people listen to hip hop?   Why do White people listen to hip hop? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do White people listen to hip hop?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3