Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top Hip-Hop Singles #84

Go down 
4 posters

Top 100?
Top 25
Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Vote_lcap10%Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Top 50
Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Vote_lcap0%Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 75
 10% [ 1 ]
Top 100
 10% [ 1 ]
Neither
Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Vote_lcap70%Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Vote_rcap
 70% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Empty
PostSubject: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 8:39 am

Master P-Bout It, Bout It
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 10:13 am

I don't know if it would make my top 100 currently. I know it would have back in the day.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 10:18 am

neither
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 10:37 am

This is one of the few P songs that I actually like, but it's still a neither.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 11:06 am

Easily for me .... this is one of the biggest singles ever... it's like OPP big... it made that phrase a hip-hop staple for years, introduced the world to no limit, and is a dope song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 11:08 am

Its not OPP big but I agree it made that phrase a staple period.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 11:10 am

The phrase is OPP big IMO... if not bigger. Don't play yaself...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 11:14 am

Lionel Hutz wrote:

SRP I know you hate everything east of tex-ass but you know that bout it, bout it as a phrase or a song was nowhere near as big as Other People's Property a.k.a. O.P.P., come on man...lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 11:15 am

D.Powell wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:

SRP I know you hate everything east of tex-ass but you know that bout it, bout it as a phrase or a song was nowhere near as big as Other People's Property a.k.a. O.P.P., come on man...lol!

Having lived through both songs down here and having been up east during the bout it bout it time...I could see no difference in popularity between the two phrases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 11:16 am

OPP was a bigger phrase because it came out at a time where teenage promiscuity was at an all time high, but Bout It Bout It was definitely big along with P's "UHHHHHH" growl.

I actually lost my virginity in 1991, which is when that song dropped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 11:20 am

KJ Styles wrote:
OPP was a bigger phrase because it came out at a time where teenage promiscuity was at an all time high, but Bout It Bout It was definitely big along with P's "UHHHHHH" growl.

I actually lost my virginity in 1991, which is when that song dropped.

Aren't you a well of knowledge....

But outside of the TMI.... I don't think the drop off, if any, between the phrases popularity is that large. I think the song OPP was much bigger than the song Bout it Bout It, and I think that when it comes to time and memory OPP will have a longer lasting impact since it is the more pop sounding song and will be used by white folks in movies for years to come, but as far as popularity at their height - everyone and their mama was saying OPP and Bout It during their respective times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 4:08 pm

Bout It Bout It as a saying nor song did not have staying power like OPP and Bling Bling. Matter of fact one could argue Make'em Say Uggh was way bigger than Bout It nationwide. Now in the south Bout It was on fire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 4:12 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Bout It Bout It as a saying nor song did not have staying power like OPP and Bling Bling. Matter of fact one could argue Make'em Say Uggh was way bigger than Bout It nationwide. Now in the south Bout It was on fire.

Yeah I agree, Make Em Say Uggh was much bigger than Bout It Bout It nationwide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 4:17 pm

not the phrase - Bout It was remade like 10 years later by an east coast powerhouse at the time...stop playing yaselves...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 4:30 pm

I dunno, when I think of Master P the first thing that comes to mind is that "UGGGGH" growl.

When Bout It first dropped it was a huge phrase, but OPP is bigger because more people nationwide use it nowadays than Bout It.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 4:44 pm

I voted top 75.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 4:46 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I dunno, when I think of Master P the first thing that comes to mind is that "UGGGGH" growl.

When Bout It first dropped it was a huge phrase, but OPP is bigger because more people nationwide use it nowadays than Bout It.

In the long run OPP is more POPular and as a single it will definitely have more lasting power... but OPP was merely a song for a group... Bout It was basically THE slogan for a label and movement that dominated the rap game for years.

Add to that the fact that OPP was out 20 years ago.... bout it is more like 10 years old when it really caught on as a phrase... so give it some time and it too could be a little pop slogan once these fans from the late 1990s start to age.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 11:20 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I don't know if it would make my top 100 currently. I know it would have back in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 3:34 pm

nah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #84   Top Hip-Hop Singles #84 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Hip-Hop Singles #84
Page 1 of 1