Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records Empty
PostSubject: Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records   Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 11:28 pm

Travis Barker-ANYTHING dude has done...have you heard his 3 Am remix? GODDAMN

Trent Reznor-his work on Niggy Tardust was dope IMO

Justin Timberlake-did a reasonably good job on TI's "Dead And Gone" but nothing incredible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records   Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 11:33 pm

Tell me this shit doesn't sound like it was meant for this beat...I actually can listen to this version.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records   Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 1:31 am

Rick Rubin...I gotta look at his production discography again, but I think he started off as a rock producer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records   Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 5:22 am

Rick Rubin probably counts as a hip hop producer nowadays. His production credits post 1985 speak for themselves
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records   Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 9:29 am

Rick Rubin started in rock, but professionally he was in rap a LONG time before he ever got back to rock. He was actually in a few punk bands when "Def Jam" started.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records   Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 10:18 am

I've gotta go with Teddy Riley here easily...

He was always an r&b producer who did hip-hop as well

Rick Rubin started as a hip-hop producer who moved over to rock music

he did punk early too, but his roots in the recording studio were strictly hip-hop at the start
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records   Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 10:19 am

Teddy Riley is very dope. Good call Powell.

Powell if you like Rubin, I think you'd like Travis Barker, he's doing some really heavy stuff with his remixes but it's not straight rock it's still got a hip hop base to it. I really like it. Not Kid Rock at all lol.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records   Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 10:31 am

Yeah N3RO I've gotta alot of love and respect for Rick...I'll check for Travis man....I'm familiar with some of his past stuff..he seems dope man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records   Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Non-Hip Hop Producers To Produce Hip Hop Records
Page 1 of 1