Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greatest Questions?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

100 Greatest Questions? Empty
PostSubject: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 12:10 am

Just want to make sure we all are on the same page or semi argeement with certain ways to present certain artist.

1. Should Boot Camp Click and Heiro just get nominated as a whole?

2. Jada, Sheek, and Styles separate or a whole (L.O.X.)?

3. Should Ren be nominated even though NWA is on the list? Should Dre even though he does not write his own rhymes most of the time?

4. Dogg Pound as whole or just a Kurupt/DPG thing?

5. Diddy and Master P?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 12:14 am

Nominate them all and we'll decide through voting
I might let Del in but not all of Heiro... same with Heltah Skeltah or Sean Price
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 12:16 am

1.)BCC-no, Buckshot and Sean Price deserve solo nods Heiro-no, Del deserves a solo nod...if you seperate those three out and then nominate the crews I'm fine with that.

2.)Seperate

3.)Yes, and No.

4.)Just Kurupt IMO.

5.)I'm going to vote no on both of these dudes, but they should probably both be nominated as they both have classic albums IMO even if neither of them are "rappers" or even "producers".
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 12:30 am

1. BCC could be nominated as a whole, but then you have to either nominate Black Moon or Buckshot, Smif n Wessun (as a group), and Heltah Skeltah or Sean Price
Hiero as a group, Del as a solo, and Souls of Mischief as a group IMO

2. Jada definitely seperate

3. not sure

4. nominate it as DPG/Kurupt

5. im going to vote no, probly nominate them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 12:33 am

Imo Smiff N Wessun and Heltah Skeltah are not a strong enough case for top 100 by themselves, same with Souls Of.

If we did Jada seperate what about Styles and Sheek who have been more consistant solo album wise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 1:42 am

1. Nah, nominate them as separate, I disagree with Smif N Wessun and Souls Of Mischief not being strong enough for Top 100. They've both released classic albums. Dah Shinin is the best BCC album IMO.

2. I'd nominate the LOX as a group personally, as good as they are separate they are better as a group IMO. We Are The Streets is better than anything they've done solo.

3. Dre yes because of his contributions as a producer and 2 classic albums, Ren no because NWA is already on the list.

4. I think it should just be Kurupt.

5. Personally, I would vote neither on both of them. But you can nominate them if you like.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 5:31 am

" We Are The Streets is better than anything they've done solo. "

Have you heard Styles' solos? They whoop We Are The Streets, IMO

Diddy, Master P, and Dre shouldn't be nominated. This is a top 100 rappers list, not producers, rappers, and anything else that was contributed.

Nominate the LOX separately; think of it this way, Jada, Styles, and Sheek are all on the LOX albums, so it should count towards their place in the list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 6:50 am

A Gangster And A Gentleman is way better than We Are The Streets IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 10:06 am

Stakutory Rape Parties wrote:
Nominate them all and we'll decide through voting

Yeah, really, just put them up and we'll vote whether they should make it. Some people will make it as group members and as solo artists, that's fine, some deserve that. Those that don't deserve it will be voted down. If it's an issue of speed, we can handle voting on more than one a day, this is a very small forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 11:28 am

Shon wrote:

Have you heard Styles' solos? They whoop We Are The Streets, IMO

I don't think so. While Styles has the best solo's of the LOX members, they're all around 4-4.25 stars. WATS is 4.5 stars IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 12:23 pm

But some of this will take up slots from other deserving people for example LOX memebers take up 3 slots when they could be nom as a grp and take solo's into consideration for them as a grp. Their solo albums are alwys LOX albums because they do a lot of trks together.

Smiff N Wessun, Black Moon, and Heltah Skeltah only have one classic album a piece but as a collective they are one of the most influential clicks of all time and makes there case stronger same with Hiero. SOM only has one album most talk about but as a whole they are pioneers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 12:29 pm

Well you are assuming they all get voted in..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 12:34 pm

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 12:37 pm

you said that if you listed everyone individually it would take slots from deserving people - but that is only if they all get voted in. I don't see the forum voting each lox member in individually. I can see Del and SOM going in solo - but not Heiro as a collective...
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 12:55 pm

KRob86 wrote:
But some of this will take up slots from other deserving people for example LOX memebers take up 3 slots when they could be nom as a grp and take solo's into consideration for them as a grp. Their solo albums are alwys LOX albums because they do a lot of trks together.

Smiff N Wessun, Black Moon, and Heltah Skeltah only have one classic album a piece but as a collective they are one of the most influential clicks of all time and makes there case stronger same with Hiero. SOM only has one album most talk about but as a whole they are pioneers.

The people deserving of slots are the people we vote in. That's for all of us to decide through voting, not for you to decide by not giving us a chance to vote. Solo careers and group careers aren't the same thing, so some do need to be considered separately. And BCC has the same number of albums as Black Moon or Smif N Wessun as individual groups, and the albums by the individual groups are the ones that are the most significant, not the BCC albums, so they should definitely get their own separate consideration. I'd vote Black Moon or Smif 'N Wessun in before Boot Camp Click.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 4:32 pm

Sounds good....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 4:06 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Just want to make sure we all are on the same page or semi argeement with certain ways to present certain artist.

1. Should Boot Camp Click and Heiro just get nominated as a whole?

2. Jada, Sheek, and Styles separate or a whole (L.O.X.)?

3. Should Ren be nominated even though NWA is on the list? Should Dre even though he does not write his own rhymes most of the time?

4. Dogg Pound as whole or just a Kurupt/DPG thing?

5. Diddy and Master P?

Above all, just make it clear who were voting for.

Not like it matters, but I'll answer them anyway...

1. Separate members for both camps

2. The Lox? Not really up on the solo material to judge

3. He doesn't have much work, but I'd give him a shot as well as Dre....which I would think would obviously get voted in.

4. See q.2 comments

5. Neither would get my vote. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Questions?   100 Greatest Questions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest Questions?
Page 1 of 1