Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED

Go down 
+2
Half
Laced With Slang
6 posters

?
Only Count Declared votes after polls close if there is a tie
VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Vote_lcap86%VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Vote_rcap
 86% [ 6 ]
Count declared votes even after polls close regardless
VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Vote_lcap14%VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Empty
PostSubject: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 12:44 pm

Ok, so recently there has been ambiguous vote tallies in the polls since obviously the polls close and once they do there can be no more votes on a specific matchup. If here has been ties we have been using the number of DECLARED votes as the tie breaker, which is fine.

It gets difficult though when we start counting declared votes after the polls have closed and at the time of close they were not tied. Should we allow these votes? I am under the opinion that NO, we should not allow votes from people after the polls have been closed if there is NO TIE. That makes things way too ambiguous as tons of declared votes always come in after the polls close. Isn't the reason the polls have a run time for the sole point of closing the voting after a certain amount of time? An album shouldn't be allowed to lose after having a 2-3 point lead for example at the time of close...it simply wouldnt make sense. That means a losing album can overtake a winner after their matchup has "ended"...this amounts to for example, alllowing a basketball team who loses by 20 to come back during an extra Quarter, it just doesnt make sense IMO...

Anyway, what does the forum think?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 12:48 pm

Well, this problem wouldn't happen if everyone that voted simply typed in the album that they voted for. I didn't realize that many people had Arthritis on this forum...seriously just hit a few keys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 12:49 pm

Yeah, I think we need to decide one way or the other. This rule changing is annoying. Before Kev said he would only count declared votes vs. the poll if there was a tie and he would use it as a tie breaker. But when Anghellic beat Below The Heavens he then started counting declared votes after the poll close to make it so that Below The Heavens won.

I think we need to choose one way or another and stick to it, whichever way we choose.

I choose what we had been doing, which is only count declared votes if there is a tie in the poll and don't count late votes. If people want to keep the polls open for 3 days that should give everyone plenty of time to vote.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 12:50 pm

Half wrote:
Well, this problem wouldn't happen if everyone that voted simply typed in the album that they voted for. I didn't realize that many people had Arthritis on this forum...seriously just hit a few keys.

no the problem is b/c KRob is allowing come backs after albums have already lost...IMO that shouldnt be allowed, this thread is to vote only on that issue
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 1:09 pm

I saw a tie on a closed poll... I was away and couldn't vote until now. I forget which poll but a tiebreaker vote seems fair especially since im not double dipping. The non-declared votes not counting seems a little harsh on the simple 1-click brethren.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 1:13 pm

Blades wrote:
I saw a tie on a closed poll... I was away and couldn't vote until now. I forget which poll but a tiebreaker vote seems fair especially since im not double dipping. The non-declared votes not counting seems a little harsh on the simple 1-click brethren.

Yeah but kev's the declared vote Nazi.

Dry humping sleeping slow girls = morally acceptable

Not announcing your vote in a poll = unacceptable, your opinion is irrelevant
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 1:15 pm

Blades wrote:

no thats not the issue, i agree with what you just said, and so you should have voted for option 1.

The second option is only when there is NOT a tie after the polls have closed and then allowing the "late" votes to overtake the winning album. I think thats bullshit, and if you do too then you should have voted for option 1 lol. No one is disputing that when there is a tie the late votes should count...that would be like overtime

and ya i agree with you about being too harsh on non-declared votes
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 1:23 pm

I agree, but there have match-ups where I havent declared because of so many polls on a given day and other polls which spark my interest more. Just a little reasoning behind the laze but I get it now, it doesnt take much to type what can usually be abbreviated anyway. If a poll 'closes' and there is a winner, that should be all folks.
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 1:24 pm

Yea my vote here was a confused 1, strike that
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 1:25 pm

Blades wrote:
I agree, but there have match-ups where I havent declared because of so many polls on a given day and other polls which spark my interest more. Just a little reasoning behind the laze but I get it now, it doesnt take much to type what can usually be abbreviated anyway. If a poll 'closes' and there is a winner, that should be all folks.

cosign man
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 3:24 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Yeah, I think we need to decide one way or the other. This rule changing is annoying. Before Kev said he would only count declared votes vs. the poll if there was a tie and he would use it as a tie breaker. But when Anghellic beat Below The Heavens he then started counting declared votes after the poll close to make it so that Below The Heavens won.

I think we need to choose one way or another and stick to it, whichever way we choose.

I choose what we had been doing, which is only count declared votes if there is a tie in the poll and don't count late votes. If people want to keep the polls open for 3 days that should give everyone plenty of time to vote.

Are you serious?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 3:34 pm

Yes, he said he accidentally set the first round of polls to close in 1 day and realized it was too short of a period so he was going back and counting declared votes after the poll closed for polls where the difference was only 1 vote for the winner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 3:42 pm

Now if you are going to put this out there let's be truthful.

I only did that to make sure all albums had a fair shot. A point score win is fine but if round 2 is no where near starting and 2-5 people show up voting what does it hurt to give them a voice?

I just feel some of you guys fav albums are now losing because of this and you are bugged by it. I truly feel that is 40-60% of it.

But like I said no sweat. If it seems like cheating or something we can just stick to the tied polls. But that really sucks imo especially if we are still active in the current round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 3:43 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Are you serious?

Those are false claims. I like Below The Heaven no doubt. But its not that serious homie. I do not any other way I word what I already explained. Now that is truly on you guys if you try to rread deeper into this. I just know if this was flipped with BTH winning by one and I recounted and Anghell won there would be no problems. Come clean.

Last edited by KRob TheRapGod on Fri 29 Oct 2010, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 3:44 pm

I wasn't trying to put it out there as a bad thing kev, I was just trying to sum it up for terry without drawing it out too long. I'm fine with whatever you do as long as there are clear rules and we know what to expect, now we do so I have no problem with whoever wins.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 3:47 pm

As long as the same guidelines apply to every match up, i'm cool with allowing the votes after the threads close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 3:48 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I wasn't trying to put it out there as a bad thing kev, I was just trying to sum it up for terry without drawing it out too long. I'm fine with whatever you do as long as there are clear rules and we know what to expect, now we do so I have no problem with whoever wins.

Okay. I do agree that there should be clear rules. And my fault for basically throwing rules out htere without pre explaing. Just I did not for see this so it was learn as I go pretty much.

So I'll go with whatever the majority of y'all feel is legit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 3:50 pm

"Count declared votes even after polls close regardless"

And that was worded incorrectly Slang. I will only count votes again if there is a tie or a one point speard and new votes are coming in and the next round has not started.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 4:43 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

And that was worded incorrectly Slang. I will only count votes again if there is a tie or a one point speard and new votes are coming in and the next round has not started.

i still dont agree with that but its not up tome. What is the difference between a 1 and 4 point spread? If 4 declared votes come after the poll closes there isnt really a difference...If that is the case there should be no polls.

And the whole argument about round 1 still going on is stupid because that means the matchups that get nominated first have over a week for peole to vote and the mast matchups only have like 2 days...everything shold have the same amount of time to be voted on, againt his is IMO
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 4:46 pm

I think you should leave the polls open indefinitely. Once you are ready to start the next round just make a post on the individual threads indicating what the final vote is, and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 4:49 pm

I vote yes on Proposition B.

Um, I mean, to do the declared votes after polls close, if there is a tie.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 4:51 pm

Myestro wrote:

so that is prop A...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 4:55 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

i still dont agree with that but its not up tome. What is the difference between a 1 and 4 point spread? If 4 declared votes come after the poll closes there isnt really a difference...If that is the case there should be no polls.

And the whole argument about round 1 still going on is stupid because that means the matchups that get nominated first have over a week for peole to vote and the mast matchups only have like 2 days...everything shold have the same amount of time to be voted on, againt his is IMO

3?.....lol. I mean if an album is winning by more than one and the polls are closed that should be it. Unless someone pushes the issue I guess and the forum decides other wise. I'm only saying if an significant amount of votes come threw after a poll is closed we should tally them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 4:56 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I think you should leave the polls open indefinitely. Once you are ready to start the next round just make a post on the individual threads indicating what the final vote is, and go from there.

Booyah!!!!!!!!!! Well there you go Terry you just solved this shit. I will leave the post opened period but once the round is over and we move on thats it.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 5:03 pm

I'm Prop Joe
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 5:03 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

3?.....lol. I mean if an album is winning by more than one and the polls are closed that should be it. Unless someone pushes the issue I guess and the forum decides other wise. I'm only saying if an significant amount of votes come threw after a poll is closed we should tally them.

again "a significant amount" is a subjective measure....anyone can say 1 is significant and someone else may say 10 is significant. anyway i guess just leave them open indefinitely
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 6:54 pm

"Only Count Declared votes after polls close if there is a tie" is what I vote for.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 7:18 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Myestro wrote:

so that is prop A...

Well, I'm not good at maths. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 7:33 pm

Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Myestro wrote:

so that is prop A...

I'm good at discrete math
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 8:00 pm

Half wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Myestro wrote:

so that is prop A...

I'm good at discrete math

I'm just proud of myself for getting the Proposition part right. For a minute, I thought it was Preparation H.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED   VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VOTING QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED
Page 1 of 1