Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flawless Discography?

Go down 
+9
TheHazardous
Funk Seoul Brother
Laced With Slang
Dwight
Half
gametheory91
Alan
E. Taylor
T. Myers
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010, 6:01 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
That's a 4 star album to me...

Same here, I like Ghostdini much better than BW personally.

Slang gave me a link that showed me how BW was supposed to be released. Had it been released that way I would rate it higher. But it wasn't, so I don't.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010, 6:04 pm

Bulletproof Wallets is way underrated IMO. People shit on it all the time and it doesn't deserve the hate. Ghostdini is dope too. More Fish is what kept me from listing Ghostface. If people want to look at it more like a comp, then Ghost's discog is easily flawless IMO.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010, 6:18 pm

^yup BW is leaps and bounds better than More Fish and Ghostdini

honestly i used to like Pretty Toney and Fishscale better, but BW might be surpassing them for me...at least the OG version of it
and even on the retail version the only bad tracks are Ghost Showers and Love Session
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010, 7:36 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
^yup BW is leaps and bounds better than More Fish and Ghostdini

honestly i used to like Pretty Toney and Fishscale better, but BW might be surpassing them for me...at least the OG version of it
and even on the retail version the only bad tracks are Ghost Showers and Love Session

BW is the worst in his catalog IMO. And none of those albums are better than Fishscale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 11:11 am

BW is betta than More Fish and Ghostdini imo. I agree that Blackalicious has a real tight discog also.

And for the record I actually like True Magic...true story. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 11:21 am

Oh and Game must be added to this discussion. The man has dropped 3 stellar albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 11:35 am

4 albums was the minimum. So he "mustn't".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 1:31 pm

I added him....so what you gone do bout it?? Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 1:33 pm

You're not playing by the rules, sir.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 1:35 pm

Flawless Discography? - Page 2 365284
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 1:52 pm

Damn straight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 2:00 pm

Well well.......never mind.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 2:11 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Mos Def? BS, BOBS, Ecstatic, and i can see New Danger being acceptable, but True Magic doesnt get a pass

I agree on the Ghost pick, people tend to hate on Bulletproof Wallets but i love that album, one of the my favorites from him actually

I love True Magic. Its actually my second favorite MosDef CD. People hate on it but never gives a solid reason. Sure he had too many re-makes but he did an excellent job with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 4:04 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Mos Def? BS, BOBS, Ecstatic, and i can see New Danger being acceptable, but True Magic doesnt get a pass

I agree on the Ghost pick, people tend to hate on Bulletproof Wallets but i love that album, one of the my favorites from him actually

I love True Magic. Its actually my second favorite MosDef CD. People hate on it but never gives a solid reason. Sure he had too many re-makes but he did an excellent job with them.

What me and Trot agree on a album?!?? Its my 2nd fav from him also.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 9:22 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Alan wrote:
Heavy D & The Boyz...my rankings...

1987: Living Large (4 stars)
1989: Big Tyme (4.25 stars)
1991: Peaceful Journey (4.75 stars)
1993: Blue Funk (4.75-5 stars...favorite)
1994: Nuttin' But Love ((4.5 stars)

Sorry, but you can't ignore the heavsta's wack ass solos...

I actually dig both of his solos. And own both.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 9:52 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
The only one of Trotter's picks I agree with is GangStarr (whom I previously picked)

So Blackalicious don't have a tight dislog? Shocked

Who could forget De La Soul

And Apathy (every thing he dropped was dope including his mix-tapes)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 9:55 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
The only one of Trotter's picks I agree with is GangStarr (whom I previously picked)

So Blackalicious don't have a tight dislog? Shocked

Who could forget De La Soul

I'm not a Blackalicious fan, sorry.

As for De La, I've got AOI:Bionix rated at 3.5 stars, but the rest of their catalog is 4 stars and up, including 3 classics IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flawless Discography?   Flawless Discography? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flawless Discography?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2