Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raekwon Announces Wu Tang Vs Shaolin Coming This Year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Raekwon Announces Wu Tang Vs Shaolin Coming This Year Empty
PostSubject: Raekwon Announces Wu Tang Vs Shaolin Coming This Year   Raekwon Announces Wu Tang Vs Shaolin Coming This Year Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 12:55 am

The only album Rae has talked about nearly as much as OB4CL2 that hasn't dropped (yet) finally gets the word go from Raekwon. I don't know if the original concept of this album is still in tact, or even if it's new material or the shit he was going to do before Lex Diamonds (maybe even Immobilarity).

I waited like a week for Slang to post this, but I said fuck it. Maybe he's self conscious now?
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon Announces Wu Tang Vs Shaolin Coming This Year   Raekwon Announces Wu Tang Vs Shaolin Coming This Year Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 10:26 am

Dope shit N3R0. Looks like another classic hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon Announces Wu Tang Vs Shaolin Coming This Year   Raekwon Announces Wu Tang Vs Shaolin Coming This Year Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 4:01 pm

N3R0 wrote:
The only album Rae has talked about nearly as much as OB4CL2 that hasn't dropped (yet) finally gets the word go from Raekwon. I don't know if the original concept of this album is still in tact, or even if it's new material or the shit he was going to do before Lex Diamonds (maybe even Immobilarity).

I waited like a week for Slang to post this, but I said fuck it. Maybe he's self conscious now?

lmao i knew this was dropping but i just didnt feel the need to post it yet i guess haha

This is gonna be a Raekwon solo album, heres a part of an interview where he talks about it briefly

Quote :
So is there going to be another full Wu-Tang Clan album?
I mean, in my eyes there’s always going to be another Wu album. Whether you hear me come out with another album or whether you hear any one of the Clan members, we’re always going to involve everybody. When I look at Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Part II, I look at that as a Wu album. You feel me? Even though it was my brand and my thing that I done, I had my dudes on it. The first one was like that too, a Wu album. As far as doing another [full Wu-Tang album], we don’t know when it’s going to come yet. But it’ll come. We have to do it. It’s a job. I can’t call exactly when. But you got this Wu-Massacre about to come. You got the Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, which is my next album that’s coming. These are all avenues to incorporate the W at a high level right now.

What’s Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang?
Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang is another album that I promised the fans a long time ago. It’s not nothing derogatory towards Wu. It’s just that Shaolin [i.e., Staten Island] is the place, Wu-Tang is the crew that came from that place. It’s like me just going back to my history of being an emcee first, before I actually became part of Wu-Tang. I always give RZA that support as far as saying he brought Wu-Tang to the table. It was his philosophy. He picked certain dudes to be part of this group, and he said, “This is what it’s going to be called.” Before that, I was on the block. I was living in Shaolin. So this album just shows the street side of me, challenging the great side of Wu-Tang. Which is almost like how T.I. did T.I. vs. T.I.P. You’re going to get sounds that relate to Wu-Tang. You’re going to get sounds that relate to great Rae at his best s—, too. You’re going to get a lot of animation as far as the skits are concerned. It’s going to be a hot one. Everyone’s going to love that.

Is that going to be released as a solo album under your name?
Yeah. It’s definitely going to be a solo release, and it’s coming definitely before this year is out.

How far along are you recording?
I’ve been working. It’s going to be a classic album. Like I said, when it comes to lyrics, I do not have to worry about that. Production, we always gotta worry about that. You’re going to get a great album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raekwon Announces Wu Tang Vs Shaolin Coming This Year   Raekwon Announces Wu Tang Vs Shaolin Coming This Year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raekwon Announces Wu Tang Vs Shaolin Coming This Year
Page 1 of 1