Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celebrations in sports...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

Celebrations in sports... Empty
PostSubject: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 11:59 am

"Six months after Prince Fielder riled the Giants with an elaborate home run celebration(The 'Bowling Pins' celebration), Zito got even. He plunked Fielder in the back in the first inning of a Cactus League game between the Giants and Brewers at Scottsdale Stadium."-espn.

Randy Moss mooning GB fans, Chad Ocho Cinco """bribing""" the ref with a dollar, so on so forth...

I listen to Sports Radio while at work and it seems to be a split between "Hey, its entertainment" to a more purist view of "Its disrespectful; just make plays and keep playing"

Whats everyone's view on "excessive" celebration...."Make a play & drive on" or "Its all entertainment"? Just stirring up some Friday morning sports conversation....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 12:11 pm

The way I see it, if you don't want somebody to celebrate after a touchdown or home run, don't let that person score.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 12:23 pm

i love celebrations, especially the more ridiculous ones

if a player excessivley celebrates i am automatically more like to like them, taunting opponents is part of the game, entertaining the fans is part of the game, Ocho Cinco>>>>>>>>>

NO FLY ZONE!!!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 1:31 pm

"The way I see it, if you don't want somebody to celebrate after a touchdown or home run, don't let that person score."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 1:38 pm

The way I see it, that's really really gay, Slang. The way you stalk high school kids that are going to your school.

As far as celebrations I love em like an orca loves fish. What I've always said is if you don't want somebody to celebrate after a score, prevent that person from scoring.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 2:18 pm

1. Zito hitting Prince Fielder is fine with me. it's part of the game. As long as you don't throw at the head, it's cool.

2. TD celebrations are fine with me. Let the players have fun. I'm not a huge fan of taunting, but most of the time the player gets taunted because he has been running his mouth. For what it's worth, my favorite celebration ever is when T.O. scored against Baltimore his first year in Philly, and he mocked Ray Lewis perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 4:12 pm

T. Myers wrote:
1. Zito hitting Prince Fielder is fine with me. it's part of the game. As long as you don't throw at the head, it's cool.

2. TD celebrations are fine with me. Let the players have fun. I'm not a huge fan of taunting, but most of the time the player gets taunted because he has been running his mouth. For what it's worth, my favorite celebration ever is when T.O. scored against Baltimore his first year in Philly, and he mocked Ray Lewis perfectly.

Pitchers hitting players is a different story to me since someone can actualy get hurt from a wild throw, etc. but it has its place in baseball and i agree with what u said
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 4:17 pm

Yeah, there's an etiquite to beaning batters, but it definitely has it's place. Mos managers know when and where to take their shots(unless it's Ozzie Guillen cause he'll hit anyone at any given time).
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 5:13 pm

Dirty Bird>>>>>>>any other celebration dance.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 5:25 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
The way I see it, that's really really gay, Slang. The way you stalk high school kids that are going to your school.

As far as celebrations I love em like an orca loves fish. What I've always said is if you don't want somebody to celebrate after a score, prevent that person from scoring.

its stalking to look up a highlight video of a top 10 prospect that happens to be going where i am?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 5:27 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:

its stalking to look up a highlight video of a top 10 prospect that happens to be going where i am?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 7:01 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:

Yes.

Duh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 7:17 pm

Barry Zito is a pussy, if he insisted on beaning Prince Fielder then he should have done it during the regular season rather than meaningless ass bullshit spring training.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 7:30 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Barry Zito is a pussy, if he insisted on beaning Prince Fielder then he should have done it during the regular season rather than meaningless ass bullshit spring training.

KJ, I don't want to sound like an ass, but how much baseball have you played? The importance of the game doesn't really matter. What is important is the fact that Zito took action ASAP. You don't want to wait til the middle of the season. If you wait until the middle of the season or whateve, the beaning can be dismissed as a wild pitch or whatever. He HAD to bean him in order to send a message to Fielder, the Brewers, his teammates, and the rest of the league. Zito handled everything exactly how it should have been handled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 7:34 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

KJ, I don't want to sound like an ass, but how much baseball have you played? The importance of the game doesn't really matter. What is important is the fact that Zito took action ASAP. You don't want to wait til the middle of the season. If you wait until the middle of the season or whateve, the beaning can be dismissed as a wild pitch or whatever. He HAD to bean him in order to send a message to Fielder, the Brewers, his teammates, and the rest of the league. Zito handled everything exactly how it should have been handled.

I played football Terry. but the majority of the people on ESPN said the EXACT SAME THING I did. Most notably Mike Golic, who was animated and HILARIOUS on his views on the situation. I wanted to post the YouTube clip of it, but embedding was disabled.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 7:38 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I played football Terry. but the majority of the people on ESPN said the EXACT SAME THING I did. Most notably Mike Golic, who was animated and HILARIOUS on his views on the situation. I would post the YouTube clip of it, but embedding was disabled.

answer my question. How much baseball have you played?

And most of the people involved with baseball did not say the same thing as you. Outsiders have no business speaking on stuff like that. It would be foolish for someone like John Kruk to speak on football, and the same goes for Golic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 7:50 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I played football Terry. but the majority of the people on ESPN said the EXACT SAME THING I did. Most notably Mike Golic, who was animated and HILARIOUS on his views on the situation. I would post the YouTube clip of it, but embedding was disabled.

And most of the people involved with baseball did not say the same thing as you. Outsiders have no business speaking on stuff like that. It would be foolish for someone like John Kruk to speak on football, and the same goes for Golic.

I answered your question already. So you're saying that people that only baseball players have the right to speak on that situation??? C'Mon Son! GTFOH with that bullshit!!

Athletes are athletes and celebrations are celebrations. That's not the first home run celebration there's been, and it won't be the last. It's not like Fielder was taunting Zito or anything, he was just celebrating with his teammates. As I said when I first came to this topic, if someone has a problem with someone celebrating after scoring, then don't let that person score.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 7:55 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I answered your question already. So you're saying that people that only baseball players have the right to speak on that situation??? C'Mon Son! GTFOH with that bullshit!!

Athletes are athletes and celebrations are celebrations. That's not the first home run celebration there's been, and it won't be the last. It's not like Fielder was taunting Zito or anything, he was just celebrating with his teammates. As I said when I first came to this topic, if someone has a problem with someone celebrating after scoring, then don't let that person score.

No, you side stepped my question like you side step every other question that doesn't suit your argument. Just say you've never played baseball, and therefore are not qualified to speak on the unwritten rules of a game you've never played. It's as simple as that. Zito did what he felt was right, and anyone with an ounce of baseball knowledge/experience understand that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions KJ. It just so happens some opinions are more informed than others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 8:15 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

No, you side stepped my question like you side step every other question that doesn't suit your argument. Just say you've never played baseball, and therefore are not qualified to speak on the unwritten rules of a game you've never played. It's as simple as that. Zito did what he felt was right, and anyone with an ounce of baseball knowledge/experience understand that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions KJ. It just so happens some opinions are more informed than others.

No I've never played baseball, you happy now Terry?? Jesus Christ!!

I still stand by my argument though. If anything, Zito should be more insulted with the fact that Fielder laughed at him after the beaning than the HR celebration.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 8:29 pm

unwritten rules in both games..i played both in HS....both Golic and T.Myers are right in their arguments,respectively....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 9:45 pm

The Homie, Acrid wrote:
unwritten rules in both games..i played both in HS....both Golic and T.Myers are right in their arguments,respectively....

Ummm, Golic and Terry had opposite arguments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 9:50 pm

Terry is right. KJ is wrong. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 12:24 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:

Acrid was saying he understood both points. SMH.

And to like some one because they're cocky is kinda douchey. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 1:59 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:

You're an assclown that plays favorites, simple as that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 2:01 pm

N3R0 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:

Acrid was saying he understood both points. SMH.

And to like some one because they're cocky is kinda douchey. Just sayin.

I don't like certain athletes just because they're cocky, I like them because they're entertaining to go along with their talent. There's a difference.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 2:05 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:

they both had points to sell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 2:14 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:

You're an assclown that plays favorites, simple as that.

No, I'm an assclown that played baseball, dumbfuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrations in sports...   Celebrations in sports... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebrations in sports...
Page 1 of 1