Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Public Enemy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 9:38 am

I was looking into picking up their last 4-5 albums. I own all their albums through He Got Game. How does the rest of their discography rank?
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 9:50 am

"Rebirth of a Nation" with Paris is a banger. "There's a Poison Goin' On..." is good too, but I like "Rebirth" more. That's all I own post-"He Got Game", but I've been meaning to pickup "How You Sell Soul to a Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul?" (their 2007 release) for a hot minute since the praise on that one is pretty heavy.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 9:51 am

Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:
"Rebirth of a Nation" with Paris is a banger. "There's a Poison Goin' On..." is good too, but I like "Rebirth" more. That's all I own post-"He Got Game", but I've been meaning to pickup "How You Sell Soul to a Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul?" (their 2007 release) for a hot minute since the praise on that one is pretty heavy.

I've heard good things about their new one too, but the price hasn't really came down too much.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 10:00 am

T. Myers wrote:
Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:

I've heard good things about their new one too, but the price hasn't really came down too much.

I know. That's why I haven't bought it yet....lol. Next time I feel like bumping PE I'll probably pick it up. With PE, I tend to go in phases where I listen to several of their records in big blocks....well, with everything actually.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 3:20 pm

" but I've been meaning to pickup "How You Sell Soul to a Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul?" (their 2007 release) for a hot minute since the praise on that one is pretty heavy"

I have that one. I'd give it around 4.25 stars. If you liked Rebirth..., you'll enjoy this one
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 3:35 pm

Shon wrote:
" but I've been meaning to pickup "How You Sell Soul to a Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul?" (their 2007 release) for a hot minute since the praise on that one is pretty heavy"

I have that one. I'd give it around 4.25 stars. If you liked Rebirth..., you'll enjoy this one

Co-Sign. "How You Sell Soul..." IMO is their best work since Apocalypse 91.

I'd say pick them all up except "New Whirl Odor". That one sucked, but the rest of their stuff post-He Got Game is at least above average.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 3:39 pm

New Whirl Odor was dope... don't know what CD Kool John heard... usually if a CD doesn't have a swizz beat single Kool John thinks it sucks...
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 4:47 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
New Whirl Odor was dope... don't know what CD Kool John heard... usually if a CD doesn't have a swizz beat single Kool John thinks it sucks...

GTFOH with that bullshit! Drag-On was solely produced by Swizz Beats and I think he sucks.

New Whirl Odor has more filler than a Hostess Cupcake. The only one worse than that was the joint that Kev has up as his avatar. Why he picked it as that I have no clue, LOL!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 4:48 pm

Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age is cool
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 4:54 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Yeah, don't listen to the Swizz Beatz pop bopper... New Whirl is dope... not their best but in the 3.5 - 4 range definitely...
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 4:55 pm

T. Myers wrote:

I hated that album, but if you liked it Terry then I don't think you'd be disappointed in the rest of PE's discog.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 4:56 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Yeah, don't listen to the Swizz Beatz pop bopper... New Whirl is dope... not their best but in the 3.5 - 4 range definitely...

How the fuck am I a pop-bopper?

You're a DMX fan aren't you? He was ALSO produced by Swizz Beats, jabroni!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 4:57 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I hated that album, but if you liked it Terry then I don't think you'd be disappointed in the rest of PE's discog.

Don't get me wrong. It's not in the same league as their first 4 albums(not counting the remix album), but it still has its fair share of great tracks. Bedlam 13:13 is one of my favorite PE songs.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 4:58 pm

LOL! SRP has been called a critter and a jabroni today.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 5:36 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I appreciate Swizz Beatz finer moments, I don't gush like a school girl over every song the man has made...
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 10:52 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I appreciate Swizz Beatz finer moments, I don't gush like a school girl over every song the man has made...

Neither do I. I liked him in Ruff Ryders glory days, but lately he's been so-so.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 10:55 pm

[quote="T. Myers"]LOL! SRP has been called a critter and a jabroni today.[/quote

hahahaha JABRONI, everyone should refer to SRP as that from now on
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 12:01 am

Rebirth- 4.25
How To Sell- 4.0-4.25

Those are the best post He Got Game I have heard.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: re:   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 5:01 am

I would pick up There Is A Poison Goin' On... before anything else you won't be disappointed. Then How To Sell Soul... & Rebirth
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 1:26 pm

Terry, stop stalling and get that Paris album. smh

But yes, Rebirth and How You Sell Your Soul are both the shit. Buy them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Sponsored content

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Public Enemy
Page 1 of 1