Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Public Enemy

Go down 
+8
Half
Funk Seoul Brother
Shaun
Cold Loungin
Myestro
Highsmith
T. Myers
D.Powell
12 posters

Which album is superior?
Yo! Bumrush The Show
Public Enemy Vote_lcap59%Public Enemy Vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
Apocalypse 91: The Enemy Strikes Black
Public Enemy Vote_lcap41%Public Enemy Vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 7:47 am

Public Enemy Yo%21_Bum_Rush_the_Show

VS

Public Enemy PublicEnemyApocalypse91
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 9:35 am

I'm gonna go with the debut ever so slightly over Apocalypse '91.....both joints are bangin 5 star efforts though IMO!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 10:18 am

D.Powell wrote:
I'm gonna go with the debut ever so slightly over Apocalypse '91

Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 12:33 pm

D.Powell wrote:
I'm gonna go with the debut ever so slightly over Apocalypse '91.....both joints are bangin 5 star efforts though IMO!
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 7:40 pm

What Powell said
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 8:06 pm

I'm going with Apocalypse 91, since it's my favorite PE album.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 8:08 pm

Myestro wrote:
I'm going with Apocalypse 91, since it's my favorite PE album.

same here
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 12:03 am

Both are sleep inducing in 2010.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 12:04 am

Yo! Bumrush The Show wins.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 12:20 am

Steve wrote:

That's bullshit man. You don't seem to like anything old school. I'd take either of these albums over the vast majority of post 2000 albums easily.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 12:22 am

Steve wrote:

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 9:35 am

I don't see how there is any way to repeatedly spin these second rate old school albums and keep up with new shit.

ITANOMTHUB
FOABP

those the only ones worth my hard-earned music time nowadays. There are hundreds of great albums, plus new ones coming out or ones I missed I have to heard. My music listening time is just a couple hours a day, sometimes less.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 9:36 am

And you just don't know how to find music on your own without recs or mainstream push it seems, KJ. I wouldn't take them over the vast majority of all. Of mainstream stuff, sure, but the mainstream is for kids and whities.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 11:42 am

Steve wrote:
I don't see how there is any way to repeatedly spin these second rate old school albums and keep up with new shit.

ITANOMTHUB
FOABP

those the only ones worth my hard-earned music time nowadays. There are hundreds of great albums, plus new ones coming out or ones I missed I have to heard. My music listening time is just a couple hours a day, sometimes less.

It has to be 85% or more personal connection. Because I went back and bought Yo Bumrush and took that shit back alomst just as quick. I did own Strikes Back on tape when it droppeed but it never was that good to me save for Can't Truss It of course and 2-3 other tight ass trks. But as albums they are average as hell to these ears.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 3:23 pm

Steve wrote:

ITANOMTHUB
FOABP

That still DOES NOT make the other two albums sleep inducing. I listen to new shit, but those two albums are classic. Nothing in 2010 is fucking with them, nor are many this past decade.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 3:25 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Steve wrote:

ITANOMTHUB
FOABP

It has to be 85% or more personal connection. Because I went back and bought Yo Bumrush and took that shit back alomst just as quick. I did own Strikes Back on tape when it droppeed but it never was that good to me save for Can't Truss It of course and 2-3 other tight ass trks. But as albums they are average as hell to these ears.

With those statements, It's obvious that you're not more than a casual PE fan but whatever. Those albums are bangin to this listener.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 5:41 pm

smh. KJ. KRob has said many times that PE is one of his favorite groups. Just because he doesn't like an album, doesn't mean he's not a fan. I don't like Independent's Day, save for a few tracks, and I'm still a big Royce fan.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 5:42 pm

Shaun wrote:
smh. KJ. KRob has said many times that PE is one of his favorite groups. Just because he doesn't like an album, doesn't mean he's not a fan. I don't like Independent's Day, save for a few tracks, and I'm still a big Royce fan.

He only likes two PE albums, and he thinks wack ass Willie D is better than Chuck D. That sounds like a casual fan to me.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 5:46 pm

I'll take their debut but you can't front on PE.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 6:10 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

He only likes two PE albums, and he thinks wack ass Willie D is better than Chuck D. That sounds like a casual fan to me.

Not true Puff the Psychic Dragon. I like 4 PE albums and I prefer Willie D over Chuck D. I was just saying I could prove Will may be betta than Chuck D on certain things. Now you have said before you don't think Mr Dennis is wack but now he is?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 10:30 pm

Funk Seoul Brother wrote:
I'll take their debut but you can't front on PE.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 10:45 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Not true Puff the Psychic Dragon. I like 4 PE albums and I prefer Willie D over Chuck D. I was just saying I could prove Will may be betta than Chuck D on certain things. Now you have said before you don't think Mr Dennis is wack but now he is?

Rhymin with the GB's he sounds dope. Rhymin by himself not so much. Only a Willie Dennis stan would take him over Chuck D.

Besides obviously Nation Of Millions and Fear Of A Black Planet, what other PE albums do you like? Yo Bumrush and Apoc 91 are easily their next best two.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 11:09 pm

Am I the only one here who gives Apocalypse 91 4.5 stars?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 11:11 pm

Wayne wrote:

Maybe, I give it like 4.8 or something like that. Yo Bumrush as well. I prefer the debut by the slightest of margins imaginable.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 11:12 pm

Half wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Maybe, I give it like 4.8 or something like that. Yo Bumrush as well. I prefer the debut by the slightest of margins imaginable.

PE's first 3 albums get the coveted 5 star rating from me.
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 12:05 am

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Rhymin with the GB's he sounds dope. Rhymin by himself not so much. Only a Willie Dennis stan would take him over Chuck D.

Besides obviously Nation Of Millions and Fear Of A Black Planet, what other PE albums do you like? Yo Bumrush and Apoc 91 are easily their next best two.

I like the different sound Paris gave them on Rebirth Of A Nation and I really like How To Sell Soul.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 6:11 pm

Apocalypse 91 easily
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 6:14 pm

Steve wrote:

LOL...actually, their debut almost falls into this category for me. It has it's old school charm, but I can't even bump and enjoy the album all the way through. Their later work just held so much greater production.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 7:23 pm

Steve wrote:

lol indeed
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 7:48 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Steve wrote:

lol indeed

Your stupid ass has never heard anything made before 1993 so shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 8:09 pm

ok hippo, whatever you say hoe.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 9:16 pm

Bumrush the Show is the shiiiit...but I can't argue with Kevin. I don't doubt that personal association is what does it for me
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 1:01 pm

I dig '91. If you listen to it from from the first track to the last, it does the album more justice than going from Can't Truss It and skipping to Get The Fuck Outta Dodge then skipping to Nighttrain. Lost At Birth sets the whole album up nicely.

Willie D better than Chuck D? I love me someWillie D, but come on now...
Back to top Go down

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 1:19 pm

LBT/Animosity wrote:
I dig '91. If you listen to it from from the first track to the last, it does the album more justice than going from Can't Truss It and skipping to Get The Fuck Outta Dodge then skipping to Nighttrain. Lost At Birth sets the whole album up nicely.

Willie D better than Chuck D? I love me someWillie D, but come on now...

Cosign on the Lost At Birth comment.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 7:33 am

I go with Apocalypse '91, perfect album from beginning to end. Timeless hits on this one, one after another.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 12:57 am

I'm glad you're posting, mistadave Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Public Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Public Enemy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Public Enemy
Page 1 of 1