Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?

Go down 
+10
TheHazardous
parker lewis
Z-membu
J. Harris
Funk Seoul Brother
D.Powell
Half
Shaun
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 12:48 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:
I've never heard anyone intelligent call Lil' Wayne the GOAT. Funny how I call Nas overrated and I am disrespecting him? Get the fuck out of here KJ. You are a blind nas fan boy who can't have an intelligent conversation about the man.

You're a blind hater who has made zero valid points as to why Nas is the most overrated.

As for Wayne. A lot of these kids coming up in the game are acting like he's the best rapper in the game, and he's not even close. Hence he's overrated. I'm not talking about real heads or crate diggers, I'm just talking about casual rap fans and young kids who really don't know their history. Those people consider Wayne a GOAT and it's sickening.

I'll say it again - plenty of people, including you, act like nas is some sort of god emcee in his own realm - when the truth is he is just like 100 other emcees out there ... if he is your goat then cool, but that is personal preference - you believing otherwise feeds into my theory he is overrated.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 2:45 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Jay Z, all day.

lol @ K-Rino
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 10:26 am

OK...Biggie overrated...WHY?????

Id love to hear one LEGIT response, pleeease......

CoSign Lil Wayne being the most overrated...funny, he debuted when i was still in Middle School, yet he's the God MC for the Gen-Y crowd
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 10:29 am

The Homie, Acrid wrote:
OK...Biggie overrated...WHY?????

Id love to hear one LEGIT response, pleeease......

I could give you about 5 or 6, but why bother? People refuse to concede anything when it comes to Biggie. For what it's worth, i don't think he's the most overrated.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 12:23 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I could give you about 5 or 6, but why bother? People refuse to concede anything when it comes to Biggie. For what it's worth, i don't think he's the most overrated.

Not a legit response...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 12:33 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Not a legit response...

Are you saying my response wasn't legit, or are you saying i can't give a legit response?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 12:35 pm

Neither...

I'm saying you didn't give one that addressed Acrid's request. You stated that you had a few...and then proceeded to sidestep...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 12:46 pm

I'll give some of my own for biggie - he has only two albums, none of which is a sureshot classic. He gets compared to full package emcees and is in GOAT talks when his flow and story telling are his strong points and lyrically he was much like any other typical gangster rapper.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 12:56 pm

^^^That's the sound of Pandora's Box being opened
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 12:58 pm

T. Myers wrote:

You just read my mind.

Prepare for a few long winded paragraphs that don't really say anything. lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 1:12 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

You just read my mind.

Prepare for a few long winded paragraphs that don't really say anything. lol

LOL! that's as certain as the sun setting tonight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 1:15 pm

Well, I can start things off:

I DON'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK PANDORA IS, BUT SRP YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED 1000% BIGGIE HATER SO ANYTHING YOU EVER SAY MEANS NOTHING.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 1:36 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 2:48 pm

"I'll give some of my own for biggie - he has only two albums, none of which is a sureshot classic. He gets compared to full package emcees and is in GOAT talks when his flow and story telling are his strong points and lyrically he was much like any other typical gangster rapper."

Indeed. Sums up my reasons.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 2:50 pm

"I DON'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK PANDORA IS, BUT SRP YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED 1000% BIGGIE HATER SO ANYTHING YOU EVER SAY MEANS NOTHING."

LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 3:28 pm

Biggie was the best when it comes to combining hardcore and commercial tracks, fuck what the hatin ass bitches in this forum say. He's got one of the most versatile MC's of all time.

And to Shaun, Biggie is a million times better than your boy Whoremega.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 4:35 pm

I honestly don't have a problem with heads saying Biggie is overrated...because it's all opinion anyway...and in my opinion he's number 3 on my GOAT list and I'm happy to feel that way and I feel he's earned that rating...I feel like he's one of the greatest emcees to ever do it even with the small amount of work he put in...he was that damn good..in my opinion he changed the game forever...his voice....his flow....his lyrics are all classic material...so it's okay that heads feel that he's overrated...it's no biggie (no pun intended)...lol

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 14 Apr 2010, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 4:53 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Biggie was the best when it comes to combining hardcore and commercial tracks, fuck what the hatin ass bitches in this forum say. He's got one of the most versatile MC's of all time.

Lil' Wayne is one of the most versatile emcees of all time. In fact he probably has done more to combine real hardcore rap with commercial music. Yet, you call him one of the most overrated of all time.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 5:08 pm

True, Like I always say, I can dig Wayne in small doses. I'd say Grand Puba, I can't hang with that fool, he single handedly ruined the Me Name JR Gong Remix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 5:20 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Lil' Wayne is one of the most versatile emcees of all time. In fact he probably has done more to combine real hardcore rap with commercial music. Yet, you call him one of the most overrated of all time.

Lil Wayne is a TERRIBLE lyricist and 99% of his rhymes are about money, bitches, and material things. Try again Wile E. Coyote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 5:25 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Lil Wayne is a TERRIBLE lyricist and 99% of his rhymes are about money, bitches, and material things. Try again Wile E. Coyote.

I'm confused - we talking Lil' Wayne or Biggie here?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 5:28 pm

I'm also going to include Mac Dre in the overrated category...yes he put Thizzle and Hyphy and the Bay area on the map (well he didn't do that alone..he had some help from people like Pac and E-40 and Souls Of Mischief..etc) but dude was kinda corny to me in everyway and I've tried really hard to get into his music but it hasn't worked yet and I doubt it ever will...so I'm adding on Mac Dre to this list...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 5:29 pm

Biggie's is an excellent lyricist. He's talked about deep shit like on Juicy, Sky's The Limit, Everyday Stuggle, Respect, Ready To Die, Suicidal Thoughts, What's Beef, Warning, Niggaz Bleed. etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 5:30 pm

D.Powell wrote:
I'm also going to include Mac Dre in the overrated category...yes he put Thizzle and Hyphy and the Bay area on the map (well he didn't do that alone..he had some help from people like Pac and E-40 and Souls Of Mischief..etc) but dude was kinda corny to me in everyway and I've tried really hard to get into his music but it hasn't worked yet and I doubt it ever will...so I'm adding on Mac Dre to this list...

Agreed, I'm gonna add E-40 to the list as well. I can't stand his flow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 5:52 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Biggie's is an excellent lyricist. He's talked about deep shit like on Juicy, Sky's The Limit, Everyday Stuggle, Respect, Ready To Die, Suicidal Thoughts, What's Beef, Warning, Niggaz Bleed. etc.

What's Beef? Is deep shit? Let's be real - you prefer Biggie's brand of gangsta rap - but it still remains cliche gangsta rap - just delivered well. Nothing wrong with that.

You act like Wayne has no "deep" songs.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 5:53 pm

We might as well just take this thread to the inevitable conclusion right now: the favorite rappers from everyone on this board are overrated. Time to move on.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 5:54 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

What's Beef? Is deep shit? Let's be real - you prefer Biggie's brand of gangsta rap - but it still remains cliche gangsta rap - just delivered well. Nothing wrong with that.

You act like Wayne has no "deep" songs.

Yeah, Georgia Bush and Tie My Hands are all about drugs, guns, and bitches.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 6:30 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Agreed, I'm gonna add E-40 to the list as well. I can't stand his flow.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 7:01 pm

Saying you can't get into MD & 40 is just admitting that you're as square as 4 left turns, it's alright, the world needs poindexters too.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 7:39 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Saying you can't get into MD & 40 is just admitting that you're as square as 4 left turns, it's alright, the world needs poindexters too.

Mac Dre and E-40 are an "acquired" taste...kinda like eating frog legs or chocolate covered ants.....the world needs people who have the ability to acquire that type of taste...but to me that shit is just YUCK!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 7:43 pm

lmao couldn't have said it better. ^
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 8:04 pm

"I honestly don't have a problem with heads saying Biggie is overrated...because it's all opinion anyway..."

Thank you, Powell. And, KJ, you know who else is more versatile than Biggie? Jay-Z. Dispute that.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 8:07 pm

Speaking of Yuck, I just saw Panther for the first time a couple days ago, and was surprised to learn Chris Rock's character's name was Yuck Mouth, Yuk really must be a fake thug cause he stays getting robbed all over the place. hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 8:14 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
I'll give some of my own for biggie - he has only two albums, none of which is a sureshot classic. He gets compared to full package emcees and is in GOAT talks when his flow and story telling are his strong points and lyrically he was much like any other typical gangster rapper.

Cosign!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 8:42 pm

Shaun wrote:
"I honestly don't have a problem with heads saying Biggie is overrated...because it's all opinion anyway..."

Thank you, Powell. And, KJ, you know who else is more versatile than Biggie? Jay-Z. Dispute that.

I don't see how someone who copies Biggie's lyrics can be more versatile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 8:44 pm

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
We might as well just take this thread to the inevitable conclusion right now: the favorite rappers from everyone on this board are overrated. Time to move on.

Now that I can definitely agree on.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 8:47 pm

"I don't see how someone who copies Biggie's lyrics can be more versatile."

Doesn't really make any sense...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 8:48 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

lol, define 'deep'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 8:50 pm

Shaun wrote:
"I don't see how someone who copies Biggie's lyrics can be more versatile."

Doesn't really make any sense...

Makes perfect sense. Biggie influnced Jay and basically got his style from him after he stopped rhyming like Jaz-O. Hence, the pre-Black Album Jay is reminiscent of Biggie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 8:51 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

lol, define 'deep'

Storytelling ability, street tales, reflecting on personal issues, etc.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 8:55 pm

"Makes perfect sense. Biggie influnced Jay and basically got his style from him after he stopped rhyming like Jaz-O. Hence, the pre-Black Album Jay is reminiscent of Biggie."

Um... So, if Jay is reminiscent of Biggie, wouldn't that make him at least AS versatile as him?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 9:25 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Makes perfect sense. Biggie influnced Jay and basically got his style from him after he stopped rhyming like Jaz-O. Hence, the pre-Black Album Jay is reminiscent of Biggie."

Um... So, if Jay is reminiscent of Biggie, wouldn't that make him at least AS versatile as him?

hes not as good as BIG, not even close in my eyes
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 9:51 pm

Realistically Game and/or Kanye are probably the most overrated
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 10:33 pm

"hes not as good as BIG, not even close in my eyes"

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 11:34 pm

Who doesn't know Kanye sucks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 12:04 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Who doesn't know Kanye sucks?

A 1,000,000,000 others no that. You sure are a very very very much minority on that one.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 11:52 am

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, K. But I don't think even Kanye's fans would call him a heavyweight on the mic.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 11:59 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

lol, define 'deep'

Well how about socio-, politico-, psychologically, religiously insightful lyrics. You know, where instead of all meaning being face value (or " I'm badder than you" metaphors), the lyrics actually have depth.

Now name a deep Biggie track.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 12:52 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

lol, define 'deep'

Well how about socio-, politico-, psychologically, religiously insightful lyrics. You know, where instead of all meaning being face value (or " I'm badder than you" metaphors), the lyrics actually have depth.

Now name a deep Biggie track.

Dreams of fucking an RnB bitch..haha...nah, why does there have to be a set standard for being "Deep"? If BIG was writing some shit that came from the heart, mind or memories..why the hell wouldnt you call it deep? Its just a 4-letter word
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 1:08 pm

Because the word deep is a derivative of depth (or vice versa).

Music that makes you think about the world and societies.

I guess it boils down to more than shallow, bitches and money lyrics. Don't get me wrong, I listen to a lot of that type, including Big.

I also know KJ is a fan of Binary Star, which means he knows the difference if he thinks about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?   Most Over-rated Rapper Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Over-rated Rapper Ever?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next