Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Dang! Trotter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Empty
PostSubject: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 6:11 am

No, Im not talking about the live action movie, but the animated GI movie that slipped into obscurity. I guess they was tryna go for the same commercial success as the Transformers movie but bricked. The concept of an ancient reptile race isnt a bad idea but here it was executed miserably. The movie was really like watching a long regular GI Joe cartoon. The graphics weren't even impressive and nothing beyond a regular Saturday morning cartoon. And they never did anything outtabounds like use cusswords or had any of the characters get killed to create a sense of real drama--weak!! The only thing dope about it was the intro, that was arguably better than the Movie itself.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 11:51 am

Ahh, I loved the movie when i was little. I have the movie on VHS, but I haven't bought it on DVD yet.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 2:39 pm

i dont know if ive seen the movie but i love the actual show
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 6:25 pm

Everyone loved G.I. Joe growing up..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:01 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
i dont know if ive seen the movie but i love the actual show

Co-Sign
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:03 pm

They played the movie on TV all the time. They dedicateda whole week to it, and the movie was shown in 5 episodes over the course of the week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:14 pm

Man if that's GI Joe The Movie then that is a classic for me. Bump Transformers i'm a Joe head!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:16 pm

I was always a huge GI Joe fan. Transformers was a distant 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:19 pm

i was an X-men fan, probably my favorite...then Ninja Turtles/GI Joe/Transformers/Batman/Bike Mice From Mars....etc, etc
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:20 pm

and Gargoyles and Spiderman too
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:21 pm

What is Bike Mice From Mars? TMNT was awesome too.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:23 pm

I was more into the care bears and smurfs during this time period.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:25 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Biker Mice From Mars - I don't remember ever watching it, but I remember the commercials and action figures back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:26 pm

T. Myers wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:28 pm

I don't remember that at all
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:29 pm

^ you might be too old...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:30 pm

yeah, i suppose. anyone else remember the show C.O.P.S.?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:32 pm

as in the show where Cops chase people an shit? or was it a cartoon?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:33 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
as in the show where Cops chase people an shit? or was it a cartoon?

It was a cartoon
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:40 pm

The Smurfs was the shit
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 8:03 pm

I always rooted for Gargemel when I watched the smurfs. I wanted to see exactly how he turned smurfs into gold. Sometimes he just wanted to catch them and eat them too if I remember right. It would have been cool to see that happen in an episode too, but I don't think any smurfs were ever murdered by Gargemel, that I ever saw anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 4:53 am

I hated the Smurfs and like Haterex I wanted Gargemel to win. The GI Joe movie sucked. I was never big on GI Joe. I hated the fact they used laser guns instead of bullets and the soldiers were terrible shots. The Joe members would have a full blown conversation while lasers zipped by their heads.

On a positive note anyone seen GI JOE Resolute? Its pretty good I just hate how they remade Duke. Duke in the 80's was a rugged looking individual well in his 30s but on Resolute they made him look like a punk kid fresh out the academy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 5:06 am

Haterex wrote:
I was more into the care bears and smurfs during this time period.

The Smurfs were cool, but the Care Bears? WOW, they sucked!

Scooby Doo is my all time fav cartoon. Other favs are Transformers, Fat Albert, Foghorn Leghorn, TMNT, and Superfriends.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 8:09 am

lol I was kidding KJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 5:30 am

T. Myers wrote:
yeah, i suppose. anyone else remember the show C.O.P.S.?

Hell Yeah that was my ish!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 3:30 am

I loved that movie. I was mad they never made a Pythona action figure. She was the illest new character next to Nemesis Enforcer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.   Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horrible moments in animation 2: The GI JOE Movie.
Page 1 of 1