Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for the day.

Go down 
+4
Shaun
D.Powell
Half
E. Taylor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Question for the day. Empty
PostSubject: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 12:46 pm

Just trying to start a little more discussion. Give your opinion:

Is Mc Eiht's album with DJ Premier going to work?

To me it sound's like a really weird combo. I just don't know about Eiht's laid back tone and voice is going to match Premo's production. I'm intrigued but not expecting a great album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 1:12 pm

They've made a classic song before.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 1:12 pm

It will be good because Premier is on the boards. As for great, who knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 1:39 pm

I'm not a Eiht fan at all, but if anyone can make him sound dope it's Premo. He had a near classic with Group Home who are mediorce MC's, so I'm sure he can carry Eiht to at least 4 stars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 1:46 pm

Funny KJ, Eiht is dope emcee. The success of this album will depend on Primo's beats. If he can make dope beats to fit Eiht's style it will be dope. If he gives him some average or typical east coast beats it won't come off well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 2:17 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Funny KJ, Eiht is dope emcee. The success of this album will depend on Primo's beats. If he can make dope beats to fit Eiht's style it will be dope. If he gives him some average or typical east coast beats it won't come off well.

Well IMO, Premo is the best producer when it comes to finding beats to fit an MC's style. He's done it his entire career so I don't think Eiht will be an exception.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 2:24 pm

Well Primo has only done full albums for emcees with a specific style. I don't think he's ever challenged himself in that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 2:53 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Well Primo has only done full albums for emcees with a specific style. I don't think he's ever challenged himself in that way.

Nah, Guru doesn't sound like Jeru......Jeru doesn't sound like Blaq Poet......Blaq Poet doesn't sound like Group Home......while they're all East Coast artists, they don't neccessarily have the same style.

He's challenged himself plenty. He's done tracks for MC's on all coasts, as well as worked with R&B, Pop, and even a couple rock artists. While I don't doubt working with Eiht would be a challenge, I think he's more than versatile enough to make it work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 3:10 pm

All those emcees have/had a very similar straight forward rhyme style KJ - even if their voices are different. Eiht is much more funky in his style IMO so it will be a challenge for Primo to make a FULL album for Eiht - not just random beats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 3:16 pm

Cosign SRP. Eiht will be a tad step out the box for him but he's not for from that Guru/Jeru mold either. Eiht has a slow that flows well over smooth but hard production. I haven't checked for Eiht in over a decade or more so we'll see. Eiht lyrically lately has not been good at all.

Release date on it yet?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 5:45 pm

Eiht IMO is washed up...he hasn't been dope since the early to mid 1990's

the challenge IMO is to see if Eiht still has enough left in the tank to carry an entire album...thats the challenge right here

Preemo has never worked with an artist like him but this isn't the "old school" Eiht that we're talking about here...this is 2010 MC Eiht...and I'm wondering if this guy even feels like rapping anymore??

Preemo although he's not mid 90's Preemo has shown that he can still craft those beats..

both dudes may be past their primes but Eiht has much more to prove IMO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 6:31 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Eiht IMO is washed up...he hasn't been dope since the early to mid 1990's

the challenge IMO is to see if Eiht still has enough left in the tank to carry an entire album...thats the challenge right here

Preemo has never worked with an artist like him but this isn't the "old school" Eiht that we're talking about here...this is 2010 MC Eiht...and I'm wondering if this guy even feels like rapping anymore??

Preemo although he's not mid 90's Preemo has shown that he can still craft those beats..

both dudes may be past their primes but Eiht has much more to prove IMO!

I don't think Primo is past his prime at all. He still bangs out dope beats consistently and that Blaq Poet album was a banger. While I've never been an Eiht fan, even most of his fans say that he's been very hit or miss over the last decade and a half. If anyone can make him sound dope, it's definitely Premo.

Like Kane said, his beats are like spandex he'll make any ass seem good!!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 9:21 pm

"Eiht IMO is washed up...he hasn't been dope since the early to mid 1990's"

Indeed. Eiht was never a good rapper, IMO. He was in the same vein as Too $hort, whereas they both make good albums/songs without the talent.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 9:23 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Eiht IMO is washed up...he hasn't been dope since the early to mid 1990's"

Indeed. Eiht was never a good rapper, IMO. He was in the same vein as Too $hort, whereas they both make good albums/songs without the talent.

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 3:36 pm

Nope, they're both past their prime, plus I don't know about the chemistry.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 6:21 pm

All this hate on Primo is unwarranted. Dude still crafts bangers. I'm not seeing how that puts him past his prime...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 6:30 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:
All this hate on Primo is unwarranted. Dude still crafts bangers. I'm not seeing how that puts him past his prime...

The only one that hated on Primo was Jason's square ass!
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:25 pm

It's called an opinion. There was no hate involved.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 5:50 pm

Who said Eiht is washed up?! Y'all crazy for thinking that. Have you all listened to Veteranz Day or Affiliated? Those were dope albums! Listen to those albums fellas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for the day.   Question for the day. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for the day.
Page 1 of 1