Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin

Go down 
+8
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
J. Harris
Shaun
E. Taylor
ACRID"
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
Justin Linker
12 posters

What'd you think?
Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Vote_lcap0%Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Vote_lcap25%Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Vote_lcap50%Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Vote_lcap0%Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Vote_lcap25%Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
below 3
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage

Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 12:28 am

Paz does his thing solo...4.5. Large Professor, Lord Finesse, Pete Rock, etc, all give Paz beats as good (if not better) than anything Stoupe has given dude. Dopeness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 12:38 am

When does this drop?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 12:38 am

June 22nd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 1:21 am

Well, thank you for the month in advance preview. I will post after that date when I have had a chance to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 1:49 am

Nice production line-up. I may check this out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 3:36 pm

wow i just Youtubed a bunch of songs off here and the production is amazing. How the fuck does Paz manage to get all these producers, are other rappers just that damn cheap? I mean fuck if all rappers just took this route they would all make great albums

That Bronze Naz track is fucking heavy, as is the Finesse track. Anyone know who produced "Bad Day" it sounds like Madlib...

Muggs track is sick, the Fame beat is ill, the track ft. Ill Bill is nice, "Nosebleed" is also DOPE (is that a Beatminerz beat???)
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 3:40 pm

The entire album is dope save for a track or two.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:59 am

T. Myers wrote:
The entire album is dope save for a track or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:24 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
wow i just Youtubed a bunch of songs off here and the production is amazing. How the fuck does Paz manage to get all these producers, are other rappers just that damn cheap? I mean fuck if all rappers just took this route they would all make great albums

That Bronze Naz track is fucking heavy, as is the Finesse track. Anyone know who produced "Bad Day" it sounds like Madlib...

Muggs track is sick, the Fame beat is ill, the track ft. Ill Bill is nice, "Nosebleed" is also DOPE (is that a Beatminerz beat???)

Madlib did a beat. And 90% of the people I've heard with a complaint about that cd, it's the Lil Fame track.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:26 am

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Madlib did a beat. And 90% of the people I've heard with a complaint about that cd, it's the Lil Fame track.

In all fairness, Slang is only hearing individual tracks. By itself, the lil Fame track is fine, but it doesn't fit on the album IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:28 am

T. Myers wrote:
N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

In all fairness, Slang is only hearing individual tracks. By itself, the lil Fame track is fine, but it doesn't fit on the album IMO.

True. I think the beat itself is kinda awkward with Paz "1, 2, Mic check" style over it regardless. But it would probably sound better outside of the context of a really fluid album.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 12:02 pm

I wasn't sure about this one but after seeing the production line-up, I'll probably pick it up blind. The new AOTP is solid, is the Paz album better than "Unholy Terror"?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 12:04 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
I wasn't sure about this one but after seeing the production line-up, I'll probably pick it up blind. The new AOTP is solid, is the Paz album better than "Unholy Terror"?

I think it's better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 12:41 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

Paz has his own label, has multiple albums, tours constantly, etc etc etc. Why would assume he's broke? Seriously? And I hate to drops this news on you, but PAZ IS A GOOD RAPPER. THAT'S HOW HE MAKES DOPE ALBUMS. HE KNOWS HOW TO PICK BEATS AND RAP. It's the main difference between him and his underground brethren. There's no "secret" to it. And what do you mean "this route"?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 2:08 pm

Um... he never said Paz was broke or a bad rapper or anything. He was pointing out how other rappers get some mediocre producers on their albums, when they should be looking up these guys. smh
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 2:34 pm

[quote="T. Myers"]
E. Taylor wrote:

yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 9:48 pm

Surprised no one has talked about this one again. For one... it easily blows AOTP out of the water and to another fucking planet. One of the best produced CDs this year... Vinnie Paz does his thing, this is just some dope raw hip-hop shit. Anyone on this forum should dig this. Top 5 dead or alive...
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 10:47 pm

Damn. I've been sleeping on this. I'm checking it out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 12:22 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Surprised no one has talked about this one again. For one... it easily blows AOTP out of the water and to another fucking planet. One of the best produced CDs this year... Vinnie Paz does his thing, this is just some dope raw hip-hop shit. Anyone on this forum should dig this. Top 5 dead or alive...

Word. I've been bumping this one the whole damn day, already bumped it more than the Roots and the Em. Shit is dope, way better than the AOTP. I've become a Pazmanian stan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 10:24 pm

Dang I really want to like this album fa real. Dope album cover all star producer line up dope lyricism dope guest only one big problem........I can't stand his damn voice and delivery. Its sounds so forced and corny to me. Like most rappers who try to come off too hard it just does not work for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 10:29 pm

Ha, I can see that kev - but at the same time I don't see dude as anything less than a white version of MOP so I can handle it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 10:32 pm

Yeah, his voice over a whole album worried me too, but it ultimately wasn't an issue for me at all.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 9:26 pm

I'll give it 4.75 stars. Def in the top 5 of the year so far.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 10:55 am

I got this around 3.5...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:18 am

Aang wrote:
I got this around 3.5...

I think that's the only rating you give anymore lol
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 3:27 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Word. I've been bumping this one the whole damn day, already bumped it more than the Roots and the Em. Shit is dope, way better than the AOTP. I've become a Pazmanian stan.

Pazmanian Stan? Ha Ha, thats your new surname. Admin you know what to do
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeFri 24 Sep 2010, 8:13 pm

I just bought this and I must say it bangs
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeSun 26 Sep 2010, 12:59 am

I was bumping this yesterday, and shit still bangs hard. This and the Roots are fighting for album of the year for me. Yes, I am a Pazmanian stan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 2:09 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Yeah, his voice over a whole album worried me too, but it ultimately wasn't an issue for me at all.

Don't you listen to Jedi Mind Tricks?
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 6:45 am

A true banger, not a wack song on this one. 4 stars. One of the things I liked was hearing Vinnie rhyming about other topics, not dedicating the whole album to violent rhymes. The last track on the album, dedicated to his stepfather, was touching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin   Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinnie Paz-Season Of The Assassin
Page 1 of 1