Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers

Go down 
+11
RuKuS
Jason
T. Myers
Shaun
gametheory91
Norfeest
booerns
Dang! Trotter
Justice
Haterex
Alan
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Empty
PostSubject: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 10:34 am

I highly rec this cd to anybody. It's really, really dope. The digital version dropped yesterday, but the physical doesn't come out for almost a month. It's a concept album about the state of hip hop, which I normally find very boring, but this keeps it fresh with humor and beats from Domingo (yes, that Domingo). Keep in mind, there are several insults thrown at rappers (Kanye West, Common, etc) so if you can't take a joke, maybe you shouldn't peep this album. Or be on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 6:31 pm

Sounds like it's right up my alley. Got a link?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 2:41 am

Yup. I'll pm it to you.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 8:06 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Yup. I'll pm it to you.

Thanks! I'll check it out...
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010, 1:58 pm

I saw Pack FM perform with Cunninlynguists a few years ago, he was a beast - I mean a really great performer. I have a few singles of his on vinyl, but I've never listened to much of anything else he's done so I'll make an effort to check this out ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 6:48 pm

Haterex wrote:
I saw Pack FM perform with Cunninlynguists a few years ago, he was a beast - I mean a really great performer. I have a few singles of his on vinyl, but I've never listened to much of anything else he's done so I'll make an effort to check this out ASAP.

Nice...

I forgot all about this album. Burning to disc now...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 6:59 pm

Is he white?

But na fa real link me up please. (no homo)
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 9:52 pm

I'd put this around 4-4.25. I think most of the people on here would like it..
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 10:13 pm

I agree with Ne3o's opening post. His humor is refreshing. He's got an energetic style too. And the beats are nice. I'm definitely seeing this in the 4+ range at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 10:22 pm

Link please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 11:20 pm

I will be buying this one soon. His first album was dope
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 11:50 pm

Of course its dope. Hes only part of a movement thats 2nd to M.I.C
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 1:07 am

Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 10:15 am

Any other thoughts?

Yes. I love the skits on this album. In fact, I like to hear them over and over when I usually skip skits after a listen or two. They mesh well with the album and concept. I've probably bumped the album 6 times. I'll definitely be buying it.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 6:38 pm

Here's the best place to buy it - directly. $12 shipped:

http://qn5.com/ifhr/

Autographed Digipack CD
Bonus DL card: Instrumentals, Bonus Track, Remixes
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 7:38 pm

Good looking out. I was just about to order this from amazon and would have missed out on all the stuff. Hopefully it gets here quick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 12:19 am

I'm going to name my album "I Fucking Hate Digipaks".
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 9:37 am

Can you send me a link Jeff?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 10:13 am

Yezzir.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 10:40 am

thanks mayne
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 10:47 am

Hook me up...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 11:20 am

Norton is warning me that this is a trojan
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 11:21 am

How do you get that "now playing" deally you got there Norf? Or are you manually changing the pics?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 12:03 pm

I change them manually. It needs changing right now, as a matter of fact.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 7:40 pm

Finally just got my copy from the qn5 site, and I had resisted listening to the album until I had a physical copy, and all I can say after listening to it on loop all day is that this album is dope. The beats are on, lyrically he brings it, and he does a good job of describing what is wrong with music, but not enough to take away from the fact that he is making good music. I hate the hip hop is dead thing or whatever, but this cd is dope. Consistent throughout. Listen to the title track I F*cking hate rappers if you are not sure if you will be into it or not. That is the lead track and if you like that you will like the cd, and if not you probably won't. This is in contention for my album of the year though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 12:02 am

booerns wrote:
Finally just got my copy from the qn5 site, and I had resisted listening to the album until I had a physical copy, and all I can say after listening to it on loop all day is that this album is dope. The beats are on, lyrically he brings it, and he does a good job of describing what is wrong with music, but not enough to take away from the fact that he is making good music. I hate the hip hop is dead thing or whatever, but this cd is dope. Consistent throughout. Listen to the title track I F*cking hate rappers if you are not sure if you will be into it or not. That is the lead track and if you like that you will like the cd, and if not you probably won't. This is in contention for my album of the year though.

And people hate on my taste. SHAKE MY MOTHERFUCKING HEAD.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 12:08 am

It's hard to not have some good finds once in a while when you listen to and like everything lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 12:32 am

Haterex wrote:
It's hard to not have some good finds once in a while when you listen to and like everything lol.

I still think Wu is over-rated.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 10:38 am

booerns wrote:

I agree with this statement. In my top 5 of the year for sure.

That said, where the hell is my copy from Qn5!!!??? I'm still just bumping the leak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 1:48 pm

Alan wrote:
booerns wrote:

That said, where the hell is my copy from Qn5!!!??? I'm still just bumping the leak.

When did you order? I haven't recieved my copy yet either.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 6:08 pm

Alan wrote:
booerns wrote:

I pre-ordered it 15 days ago, on June 5th. I hope it arrives tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 6:49 pm

Alan wrote:
Alan wrote:
booerns wrote:

I pre-ordered it 15 days ago, on June 5th. I hope it arrives tomorrow...

Qn5 can take awhile. I pre-ordered Strange Journey 1&2 and it took FOREVER to come. But it eventually did....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 6:54 pm

I remember SJV1 took forever to come in.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 6:37 pm

I just got my copy from Qn5!!!

Shit is tight. Nice artwork. Autographed front cover. The art on this one is tight all around. That 6-panel insert with the "How To Survive A Rap Attack" is hilarious. And the job application on the back? lol

Also got the download card with the instrumentals, b-sides and remixes.

Definitely worth the loot....seeing how the album is plenty dope as well.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 6:52 pm

smh, i forgot to pre-order mine. I just placed my order today. The pre-order is still up for those who are interested.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 7:12 pm

Didn't like PackFM's first album, or the concept of complaining about Hip-Hop, so I'm skeptical, but I remember that he's nice. Does Kno have beats on this? Not big on QN5's other producers.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 5:42 pm

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but I got my physical copy a few days ago. Why did I pay $35 for the uber copy?!?! lol. Wasn't really worth it, T-Shirt is cool though. Stupid "extras," get me every time. I'll let you guys know what I think after a spin.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 5:47 pm

The dancing bear is back!!!!

Welcome back RuKuS.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:00 pm

I missed that damn bear
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:02 pm

Victor Shade, gotta forgive me but I don't recognize the new name.

What's up T. Myers? Yeah, I wasn't gonna bring it back but I figured it was memorable, lol.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:03 pm

Jason wrote:
Didn't like PackFM's first album, or the concept of complaining about Hip-Hop, so I'm skeptical, but I remember that he's nice. Does Kno have beats on this? Not big on QN5's other producers.

PackFM has a "first album"? Damn, I need to get my hands on that.

Here's a detailed tracklist of the new one...

01 The Support Group
02 I F*cking Hate Rappers (prod. Tonedeff)
03 The Show
04 Nasty (prod. Domingo)
05 Wanna Know f. Deacon the Villain (prod. Kno)
06 The Kanye Look
07 Flux Capacitor (prod. J-Zone)
08 Take Our Place f. Dominion (prod. Domingo)
09 Step On My Kicks
10 Tough Talk f. Poison pen (prod. Marco Polo)
11 Here We Go (Come On) (prod. Domingo)
12 Sire (prod. Domingo)
13 I F*cking Like Everything (prod. Deacon the Villain)
14 Closure
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:04 pm

Mets suck, go Braves! Does that help? lol
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:06 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Mets suck, go Braves! Does that help? lol

LMAO! What's up C. Tran? Gonna be a close one till the end. Braves gotta start losing sometime.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:09 pm

smh nah the Mets are going to choke at the end, as usual. It'll come down to the Phillies and Braves. The Braves will win it this year for Bobby Cox and Chipper Jones! Yesterday was a mess though, Tommy Hansen got murked.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:13 pm

RuKuS wrote:
Victor Shade, gotta forgive me but I don't recognize the new name.

What's up T. Myers? Yeah, I wasn't gonna bring it back but I figured it was memorable, lol.

That's Tran. What's up Ruk?

It's official, I have to give this album my #2 spot for the year so far (by a slim margin). 4.5 stars all the way around. Everything about the record is tight IMO. I'll probably be writing a detailed review about this one before long, because I love the man's philosophy and agree with damn near everything he is saying about rappers changing with the times and basically being fake in a variety of different ways. Sometimes not even for being fake, but for not loving the game like a real emcee should...or playing it like a passing fad in their own life, or the the true hip-hop fan's...the reasons passion has been removed from 95% of the genre in the mainstream. Some may feel he's treading on thin ice with the concept because he's just another unknown rapper in the mix. However, he makes it work by bringing hip-hop back to the east coast golden age underground style. Just pure love for hip-hop basically, without all the other flashy bullshit.

KJ & Powell - you would really dig this album. Plus, dude is from Brooklyn, which means he's at least halfway to GOAT status anyway, right?
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:17 pm

What's up, Al?

Damn, I leave and all of a sudden you guys become fans of Qn5? lol. That Pack album is just the first of like 10 or so albums being released by them this year. Looking forward to the Tonedeff and Kno "Chico and the Man" album that's like an urban legend at this point.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:18 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
smh nah the Mets are going to choke at the end, as usual. It'll come down to the Phillies and Braves. The Braves will win it this year for Bobby Cox and Chipper Jones! Yesterday was a mess though, Tommy Hansen got murked.

C'mon Tran, you and I both know that the Braves don't have the offense to keep this up and the Phillies don't have the pitching. All Mets this year. Especially when they get Lee. Ha!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:19 pm

RuKuS wrote:
What's up, Al?

Damn, I leave and all of a sudden you guys become fans of Qn5? lol. That Pack album is just the first of like 10 or so albums being released by them this year. Looking forward to the Tonedeff and Kno "Chico and the Man" album that's like an urban legend at this point.

lol...Nero had the hook-up with the right keywords to sell me on this album. I'm not opposed to Qn5. Just haven't heard much. Actually, all I've heard are all the CunninLynguists albums.

How is PackFM's first album? I'm thinking about copping it since this one is so dope.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:21 pm

"That Pack album is just the first of like 10 or so albums being released by them this year"

10$ says they release 4 or less
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:28 pm

Shaun wrote:
10$ says they release 4 or less

I was at a Substantial show in Baltimore earlier this year and was bullshittin with him for a little bit. He mentioned that he was trying to get Tonedeff to cancel the annual Qn5 megashow this year so that they had the funds to release all the albums. A few weeks later, a post showed up on the Qn5 site saying that the show had been canceled. It shows they're making the effort, but we all know how album release dates go.

And Al, it's a solid album. Nothing groundbreaking. But since you're new to listening to him I'd say it's still a definite try before you buy in your case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers   PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PackFM-I Fucking Hate Rappers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next