Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies Empty
PostSubject: Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies   Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 6:01 pm

I'm sure everyone has heard of this group through their album Heavy Rhyme Experience and while that album was good it doesn't quite capture the real essence of this outfit. Technically this is their second album but its really the first rehashed with vocals (IIRC). This group features a lead vocalist as opposed to a rapper/frontman. And mercy that girl can sing. She has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard...seriously. The band is top shelf material and I'm really feeling what I've heard from this group so far. They are yet another member of the acid jazz scene that captivated Europe throughout the late 80s/90s.

easygoing vibes = win

Sweet child of mine the guitar in this song is dopeeeeeeeee not to mention the heavenly vocals

Another easygoing classic

Funky funky funky

I'll do a few more of their albums this week focusing on the ones featuring N'Dea Davenpot (the lead vocalist).
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies   Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 1:02 am

Okay. I've heard these guys come up everywhere. And a bunch of people tell me I would like them because they are hip-hopish. But, none of those people listen to hip hop. I listened to those tracks, and they're definitely dope. Is this their best album?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies   Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 1:20 am

I"m not sure its their best as I just listened to their album called Brother Sister and its way better than this. I'm going through their discography now so I'll let you know when I'm done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies   Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 3:41 pm

Shaun, check out Heavy Rhyme Experience Vol 1 by them. It's rappers rhyming over BNH beats. I'm sure you'll dig it.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies   Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 7:18 pm

Heavy Rhyme Experience Volume 1 is a cool album but doesn't quite give you a true view of the group as a whole as rapping is replaced with sweet melodic singing. Also Heavy Rhyme Experience Volume 2 should be dropping sometime in the near future.

If any of you dig this album let me know. I can do a few more reviews of this group if anyone is interested.

Hit me up for a link.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies   Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 7:27 pm

This takes me back, my dopey aunt was a fan of theirs. Frankly, they sounded like a bad mix of smooth jazz, 80s R&B, and white-washed Hip-Hop to me back then, and if anything it sounds even worse now, even though my musical tastes have expanded a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies   Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand New Heavies - Brand New Heavies
Page 1 of 1