Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brand Nubian - One For All

Go down 
+6
SyRuP Sippa
KJ Styles
Half
Dang! Trotter
Funk Seoul Brother
Wayne
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Brand Nubian - One For All Empty
PostSubject: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 7:32 am

Wow, another album I've been bumping recently (a personal favorite) that I've fallen in love with all over again. Maybe it's just my love for the 90s, lol! This album is still timeless, kind of ahead of its time in 1990, but it still holds up today. 5 star classic, definitely.

Brand Nubian - One For All Oneforall
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 12:03 pm

I very much enjoyed that album. Its been quite a while since I've listened to it though. I'll have to revisit it.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 12:59 pm

They dont make em like that anymore
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 1:03 pm

I kinda discussed this recently... but this album has really lost its luster for me. I spun it recently and could not get into it, found myself really bored a lot of the time. There are some great standout tracks but it stands as the weakest Brand Nubian album I've heard right now.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 1:10 pm

This is a 5 star classic easily and Brand Nubian's best, and ranks among my Top 30, maybe higher with some thought. I don't care what Half says.

Hey Wayne, while there are definitely some albums that you need to check out I'd say that your old school picks are fantastic!
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 1:14 pm

I care what Half has to say.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 1:17 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Because you're a BN hater
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 1:20 pm

I like BN a lot... I just am an opinion respecter.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 3:15 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

lmao. I literally lol'd at that
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 3:22 pm

Shaun wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Haha it's not true! I'm not a BN hater! Honest! Please believe me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 5:13 pm

Half wrote:
Shaun wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Haha it's not true! I'm not a BN hater! Honest! Please believe me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crying or Very sad

I believe you. You're just a Puba hater!
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 7:24 pm

Foundation>>>>>>>>>all their albums to me. But that One 4 All has grew on me more and I give it more credit now than I use too. Its a real good album.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 7:26 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Foundation>>>>>>>>>all their albums to me. But that One 4 All has grew on me more and I give it more credit now than I use too. Its a real good album.

I haven't heard Foundation yet, but I have heard their first three, and I like In God We Trust the most out of those.

As for the Puba thing, shit, maybe. I wasn't impressed that much by Puba, although he seemed to have the most energy out of the three on One For All. He's not bad, but I didn't miss him on the following two albums.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011, 11:06 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
They dont make em like that anymore

Complete cosign.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011, 11:07 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
This is a 5 star classic easily and Brand Nubian's best, and ranks among my Top 30, maybe higher with some thought. I don't care what Half says.

Hey Wayne, while there are definitely some albums that you need to check out I'd say that your old school picks are fantastic!

No doubt KJ.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011, 11:09 pm

I agree Wayne. This album was and still is great. I can listen to it from beginning to end with no problems with the exception of Try To Do Me....
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011, 11:12 pm

Highsmith wrote:
I agree Wayne. This album was and still is great. I can listen to it from beginning to end with no problems with the exception of Try To Do Me....

I had/have no problem with Try To Do Me, but that is one track on there I listen to the least.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011, 4:08 pm

Wayne wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

I had/have no problem with Try To Do Me, but that is one track on there I listen to the least.

Yeah, Try To Do Me's chorus is cheesy but the actual lyrics aren't bad.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011, 4:30 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Yeah, Try To Do Me's chorus is cheesy but the actual lyrics aren't bad.

I didn't care too much for Feel So Good at first, but after a few listens it grew on me.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011, 10:25 pm

"Feels So Good" was the 1st track that I heard from this album and a fav of mine from the infamous Video Jukebox so I have always liked that track.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Nubian - One For All   Brand Nubian - One For All Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand Nubian - One For All
Page 1 of 1