Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recent Purchases

Go down 
+20
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Highsmith
Norfeest
Half
Funk Seoul Brother
Alan
Justin Linker
Haterex
TheHazardous
Esco
Laced With Slang
Purple Haze
gametheory91
Illmatic1991
E. Taylor
arokone
Dwight
Xcel
Shaun
T. Myers
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Recent Purchases - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 10:10 pm

Marco Polo & Torae- Double Barrel
J-Dilla- Jay Stay Paid
Rhymefest- Blue Collar
Blackalicious- Blazing Arrow (for you, Powell)
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2009, 11:15 pm

Jean Grae-Evil Jeanius
Jean Grae-This Week
Jean Grae-Orchestral Files

City of Men
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 12:45 pm

"I'll sell you my copy if you destroy your copy of VBD"

^ ^People shouldn't destroy copies of VBD. They should build shrines around it and worship it every day. Great music and great MC's...whats else could you ask for?
Recent Purchases - Page 2 578644

Last edited by grind88 on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 12:57 pm

Shon wrote:
Blackalicious- Blazing Arrow (for you, Powell)

Recent Purchases - Page 2 313114
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 1:04 pm

wrote:
A. Scott, peep the new Grouch & Eligh now! Even Ex likes it, and he's only into Def Jux...

lol I'm not "only" into def jux, but it's obviously one of my favorite labels in recent years. But yeah G&E is tight, more people should be checking that one.

My most recent purchases are

J Dilla - Jay Stay Paid (looking to be at least top 3 hip hop albums of the year for me)

Black Moth Super Rainbow - Eating Us

Agalloch - The Mantle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 2:02 pm

Haterex wrote:
wrote:
A. Scott, peep the new Grouch & Eligh now! Even Ex likes it, and he's only into Def Jux...

lol I'm not "only" into def jux, but it's obviously one of my favorite labels in recent years. But yeah G&E is tight, more people should be checking that one.

J Dilla - Jay Stay Paid (looking to be at least top 3 hip hop albums of the year for me)

Agalloch - The Mantle

Oh, look at that. It's Exzakt.

I need that J Dilla! Best Buy was all out when I went to grab it. May have to order this one. I don't suppose Target has it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 3:24 pm

Just scooped up:
O.C -Smoke and Mirrors
Jurassic 5-Quality Control
Isis- Rebel Soul
Sinic Da Great (local artist who works quite a bit with Booda Ty)- Position of Power
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 3:27 pm

Haterex wrote:
wrote:

Agalloch - The Mantle

lol yeah I know, it was a joke. Just trying to make G & E sound more appealing to A. Scott.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 3:29 pm

grind88 wrote:

^ ^People shouldn't destroy copies of VBD. They should build shrines around it and worship it every day. Great music and great MC's...whats else could you ask for?

smhhhhh even I'm not big of stan...I ask for more standout songs, which VBD doesn't have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 4:34 pm

wrote:

That new G&E is on the waiting list. The problem is there is too many cds out there I need to get, and not enough funds to cover. Laughing

Y'all might want to check out Sinic Da Great-Poistion of Power. If you request a link in the e-mail, I'll up it, but I must say this. If you like it, please buy it. He's a thug from Ogden, UT. That's right! A thug in Utah.

I bet nobody ever thought they'd hear those two words in the same sentence, lol!
He's not a poser either, he's for real. I met him back in 2005 and bought one of his cds from him personally. You can see a pic of his album cover in amazon.com, but there are no samples.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 4:55 pm

wrote:
grind88 wrote:

smhhhhh even I'm not big of stan...I ask for more standout songs, which VBD doesn't have.

VBD has a bunch of standouts. The whole thing is ill, whatchu smoking on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 4:58 pm

The production is good on VBD - the emceeing not so much... were it not for Stoupe's signature Premier style hooks the album would be a complete waste....
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 4:58 pm

Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:
Haterex wrote:
wrote:

Agalloch - The Mantle

Oh, look at that. It's Exzakt.

I need that J Dilla! Best Buy was all out when I went to grab it. May have to order this one. I don't suppose Target has it...

What's cool about Jay Stay Paid is that it's got something for everyone. Out of the 3 official Dilla albums that have come out since his death, this is miles beyond the other 2. I think with time this could actually be considered one of Dilla's best albums period for a lot of people, really great stuff here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 5:01 pm

They need a Jay Stay Paid shirt... I'm diggin the blue designs
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 5:08 pm

I'd buy it
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 5:13 pm

Great album I bought it today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 6:24 pm

"The production is good on VBD - the emceeing not so much... were it not for Stoupe's signature Premier style hooks the album would be a complete waste...."

The title pretty much sums up the content and what the lyrics are about. It's all about angry battle raps. I soon became a fan of the delivery and the energi on this album. Vinnie Paz sounds like G Rap to me.

But let's agree to disagree...

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 8:27 pm

im with you 100% Grind
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 6:16 pm

J Dilla - Jay Stay Paid (dope stuff)
MURS - Murs 3:16

I also downloaded a few free mixtapes from 2dopeboyz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 6:57 pm

Purple Haze wrote:
J Dilla - Jay Stay Paid (dope stuff)
MURS - Murs 3:16

I also downloaded a few free mixtapes from 2dopeboyz

Did you get the Marco Polo blends tape?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 7:45 pm

Jay Stay Paid is an AWESOME album, but I wish there would have been more rhyming on it. He should have made it like the Chronic, with a bunch of MC's rhyming over his beats instead of some raps and some instrumentals.

Imagine Nas spittin over Laser Gunne Funke, Outkast spittin over caDILLAc, Pharoahe Monch spittin over 10,000 Watts, Talib Kweli spittin over Milk Money. Wouldn't that have been bangin?

Because of the lack of MC's I can't give this a classic rating. That said, it's still one of the best albums of the year, I've currently got it tied with UGK for 2nd place on my personal favs this year.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 9:50 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Did you get the Marco Polo blends tape?

I'm downloading that right now. Are you diggin it?
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:31 am

Mos Def-The Ecstatic
Almighty-Original S.I.N.
Goodie Mob-Soul Food
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:25 pm

Mos Def The Ecstatic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:30 pm

yo game theory, let me know how you like that original sin, it was my fave from last year.

and vernon, did you break into your mommys purse and steal some money to be able to buy that cd?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:33 pm

Original S.I.N. was dope. It was the best rec Steve has given me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 5:41 pm

Blaqkout bitches...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 9:25 pm

Some J. Period mixtapes:
BASS-HEAVY HIP HOP
CLASSIC JOINTS
BEATS FROM NEW YORK
DARK DAYZ

(ordered 'em from sandbox)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 1:41 am

gametheory91 wrote:
Mos Def-The Ecstatic
Almighty-Original S.I.N.
Goodie Mob-Soul Food

Soul Food is a great find. They don't make em like they used to.

Is "Almighty" any good? That's another one I've been looking to get into.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 8:35 am

DJ Quik & Kurupt-Blaqkout
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 4:45 pm

I picked up a bunch of ish the other day:

Vinyls:

Vakill- End of Days, Sickplicity, The Creed b/w instrumentals
Sway & King Tech- I Don't Think So (Kam) b/w I Wish You Would (Royce, Chino, Canibus)
The Game- Why You Hate The Game

CDs:

Too $hort presents: The Dangerous Crew- Don't Try This At Home
Ill Nino- One Nation Underground (never heard this dude, but it was a quarter if I bought it with the Too $hort album)
Petephilly & Perquisite- Mind State (Someone [Alan?] was hyping this up on Amazon a while back, and it was $6 brand new so I picked it up)
Arrested Development- 3 Years, 5 Months, 2 Days In The Life Of...

I got two other albums, but I forgot which ones they were. 6 CDs and 3 vinyls for a grand total of:

21$!!!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 4:53 pm

Shon wrote:
I picked up a bunch of ish the other day:

Vinyls:

Vakill- End of Days, Sickplicity, The Creed b/w instrumentals
Sway & King Tech- I Don't Think So (Kam) b/w I Wish You Would (Royce, Chino, Canibus)
The Game- Why You Hate The Game

CDs:

Too $hort presents: The Dangerous Crew- Don't Try This At Home
Ill Nino- One Nation Underground (never heard this dude, but it was a quarter if I bought it with the Too $hort album)
Petephilly & Perquisite- Mind State (Someone [Alan?] was hyping this up on Amazon a while back, and it was $6 brand new so I picked it up)
Arrested Development- 3 Years, 5 Months, 2 Days In The Life Of...

I got two other albums, but I forgot which ones they were. 6 CDs and 3 vinyls for a grand total of:

21$!!!

I wasn't hyping up anything under that name...

Great deal though. That Dangerous Crew record is tight. Got it on tape. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 5:38 pm

Here's what I'm waiting on:

No ID- Accept Your Own & Be Yourself (The Black Album)
Asheru and Blue Black-Soon Come
Zion I-The Take Over
COunt Bass D- Dwight Spitz, and Pre Life Crisis
One Be Lo- S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M
Rakim-18th Letter
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 5:42 pm

a.scott wrote:
Zion I-The Take Over

I hope you like this one more than me. I was sadly very disappointed with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 5:45 pm

a.scott wrote:

\

thats a really dope album
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 5:49 pm

Alan wrote:
a.scott wrote:
Zion I-The Take Over

Agreed. It pales in comparison to Mind Over Matter.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 9:26 pm

"
I wasn't hyping up anything under that name..."

Oh, I thought it was you. Someone said something about it, though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 9:26 pm

It was buggin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 9:27 pm

and a. perez
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 9:33 pm

Ahh. Sweet; I saw your name and I thought you were gonna say it was you. That way, I would know it wouldn't be good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 9:36 pm

Recent Purchases - Page 2 857452 :Recent Purchases - Page 2 503434: Recent Purchases - Page 2 98250 :steve: Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 12:26 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Alan wrote:
a.scott wrote:
Zion I-The Take Over

Agreed. It pales in comparison to Mind Over Matter.

So I've heard. That's why it took me so long to get it. It's the only cd I don't have by Zion I...yet. I hope I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 12:27 pm

Cory wrote:
a.scott wrote:

\

thats a really dope album

This album was very hard to get at a reasonable price. I can't wait until it arrives. Now I'll have to wait until I find Blu and Exile up for purchase. I'll have to scoop that one up quick.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 8:23 am

Slick Rick "The Great Adventures of"
Souls of Mischief "93 Til Infinity"

Also went to FYE to pick up the Quik/Kurupt and of course they're not carrying the album. FYE sucks, Best Buy is a 40 mile trip for me so i guess i'm going to have to order it online. I'm still pissed though, how can they not carry this album, it's not like Quik or Kurupt aren't well known. Sorry, had to vent a little.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 3:04 pm

FYE is dope. They're way cheaper over here
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 4:17 pm

^ FYE is trash over here....there prices are always the most expensive, the only thing there good for is sometimes theyll have buy 2 get one free on used CDs but you gotta get lucky and find three good ones

i like the independent stores the best when it comes to lookin for used stuff and Best Buy the best for new releases
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 4:27 pm

My FYE has all new CDs 9.99. It's sweet. And they just unloaded a bunch of used cds
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 5:06 pm

Shon wrote:
My FYE has all new CDs 9.99. It's sweet. And they just unloaded a bunch of used cds

that is sweet, i stopped at one yesterday and there prices were still overpriced like usual hmm

my Best Buy has a ton of CDs for 9.99 right now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 7:27 pm

[quote="Slang Editorial"]
Shon wrote:

my Best Buy has a ton of CDs for 9.99 right now

Mine does too. I got Blackout 2 and Brooklynati for that price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 7:33 pm

and did you then proceed to throw brooklynati in the trash? j/k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases   Recent Purchases - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent Purchases
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next