Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question Of The Day - Day 4

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Question Of The Day - Day 4 Empty
PostSubject: Question Of The Day - Day 4   Question Of The Day - Day 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 4:51 pm

Otay. Today I want y'all to put yourselves in a hypothetical situation. Let me paint a picture for you...

One day you decide to try your hand at rapping (Any rap style of your personal choice applies - except for bubblegum candy rap. Any style applies as long as it's true lyrical shit).

You go out and buy a mic and you use computer programs and so forth to produce a record. You sell your album on Soundclick or somewhere as MP3 format for about 3 or 5 bucks. You release about 2 or 3 albums online over a span of 2 years. You earn about 20 or 30 fans or so, and all of them dig the hell out of your music because you "keep it real". Not much of a great deal of success at all, even as an independent artist. But it's good enough for you.

Then one day you get an email from Soulja Boy's manager saying that Soulja Boy was listening to a couple of the songs you had streaming on Soundclick and he was interested in a collabo and he would pay you $2000 for the collabo.

Question is...would you accept the collabo? Earning $2000 and a shitload of Soulja Boy fan boys/girls. Or would you stay true to your roots and say hella naw?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Question Of The Day - Day 4   Question Of The Day - Day 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 5:27 pm

That question is retarded IMO, as is anybody that would say no to the question.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Question Of The Day - Day 4   Question Of The Day - Day 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 5:34 pm

I don't think it's retarded. I would like to know if people here would accept or decline.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Question Of The Day - Day 4   Question Of The Day - Day 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 5:35 pm

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
I don't think it's retarded. I would like to know if people here would accept or decline.

I mean, that the question itself is not retarded by itself, but the need to ask this question of people on whether or not they want money is pretty ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question Of The Day - Day 4   Question Of The Day - Day 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 6:38 pm

That to me is pretty improbable... just because soulja boy would not run across the page, and if he did your style would probably be bubble gum for him to want to collab, and then no established rapper would pay you a red cent to promote you by doing a song with you.

But to answer the question I would take the money in the hopes my song with him would make it onto Monster Booty 2: Return of the Shaking Rump

Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Question Of The Day - Day 4   Question Of The Day - Day 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 7:52 pm

I agree that its improbable. But most likely I would just spit a raw lyrical verse on it, and highly encourage Soulja Boi to spit at the top of his game. I liked the song he did with 8Ball & MJG and it didn't discredit anything they've done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question Of The Day - Day 4   Question Of The Day - Day 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 8:10 pm

I would probably decline.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Question Of The Day - Day 4   Question Of The Day - Day 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 8:36 pm

Right now, I'd say decline. But, if put in that situation...
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Question Of The Day - Day 4   Question Of The Day - Day 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 11:41 pm

For $2000, knowing he'd cash in a hell of a lot more than that for the song...I'd tell him to E.A.D. (that's Eat A Dick). So my answer would be a definite no.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question Of The Day - Day 4   Question Of The Day - Day 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question Of The Day - Day 4
Page 1 of 1