Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??

Go down 
+5
Esco
Dwight
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
Shaun
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 4:36 pm

I know I'm not the only one that has that opinion, but I just wanted to see if anyone here besides SRP really likes this clown. Gucci is Souljah Boy level wack to me. What do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 4:37 pm

Lol. To tell the troof, I think that track with Kweli was the first time I've ever heard Gucci rap. At least it's the only time I can remember
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 4:41 pm

Shaun wrote:
Lol. To tell the troof, I think that track with Kweli was the first time I've ever heard Gucci rap. At least it's the only time I can remember

LOL, all I can really say to that is.....you lucky bastard!!!

The radio stations here play his wack ass shit. If it ain't Young Money it's him. Which is why I bump my iPod in the whip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 4:42 pm

I'm not a fan of Gucci Mane. He may have some good production, but on the mic, not impressive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 4:46 pm

Wayne wrote:
I'm not a fan of Gucci Mane. He may have some good production, but on the mic, not impressive.

Co-Sign completely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 5:28 pm

Gucci is far from a dope rapper... I just don't understand why you feel the need to diss him or call him wack every chance you get... by my count he has two dope songs this week - with big boi and kweli... and he didn't ruin either song or made it wack - so how bad can he really be?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 5:48 pm

LOL, i've never heard a Gucci solo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 5:52 pm

T. Myers wrote:
LOL, i've never heard a Gucci solo.

Several of my cousins like this guy, and I think I'm the only one out of the bunch who doesn't, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 5:56 pm

I wouldn't say he's complete garbage but he's not far from it in MY book. I do recognize he knows how to make catchy songs and he's a good hook writer. He does have a decent rap style but thats about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 5:59 pm

he's got swag and he keeps it "real" which is why he's popular...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:06 pm

In all seriousness though, dudes like Gucci have their role. There's nothing wrong with with an average mc with a decent flow rapping over dope beats. Project Pat made a solid career out of it. Not everything has to be great lyricism. Lord knows that when i'm riding, i don't always like to bump Immortal Technique. Certain circumstances call for certain music IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:10 pm

Cosign Terry on that one. The game is filled with tons of emcees that fit that bill. It just comes down to a matter of choice for people. I seen plenty of the dudes dissing Gucci who bump equally limited emcees because they spit a certain message. It is what it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:19 pm

Now Terry and SRP, I do see your points to a degree, and although I don't care for Gucci's music, it's all a matter of preference.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:20 pm

Wayne wrote:
Now Terry and SRP, I do see your points to a degree, and although I don't care for Gucci's music, it's all a matter of preference.

yeah, it's all preference. I'm not saying everyone who enjoys riding to music will enjoy Gucci or Jeezy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:22 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Wayne wrote:

yeah, it's all preference. I'm not saying everyone who enjoys riding to music will enjoy Gucci or Jeezy.

I'm not a fan of Jeezy either, but I see the point you're making.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 7:43 pm

Gucci cant rap at all but he can be OK as a featured guest on stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 7:50 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Gucci is far from a dope rapper... I just don't understand why you feel the need to diss him or call him wack every chance you get... by my count he has two dope songs this week - with big boi and kweli... and he didn't ruin either song or made it wack - so how bad can he really be?

LOL, the comment I just bolded from you sums it up completely

The Big Boi song was dope because of Big Boi and the beat. The only thing dope about the song with Kweli was Kweli's verse.

I dunno man, his voice. flow, and lyricism just don't do it for me. As for me hatin on him. You hate on KRS-One just about every chance you get so it's a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black.

And to Terry, sure guys like Gucci do have their role but it shouldn't be on the radio/TV stealing shine from better MC's.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 8:07 pm

well, Gucci's hook on Shine Blockas IMO makes the song better
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 8:48 pm

T. Myers wrote:
In all seriousness though, dudes like Gucci have their role. There's nothing wrong with with an average mc with a decent flow rapping over dope beats.

These are my thoughts as well. I don't see the need to hate on him. I don't listen to his albums or anything but it doesn't bother me to hear him on guest spots or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 10:38 pm

Lemonade by Gucci is dope. The lyrics are terrible but it's catchy shit. I don't really listen to him that much, but he is what he is. He usually doesn't destroy guest spots either, the song with Bun B off Trill OG is dope as well.
Back to top Go down
Undisputed
So Fabolous
So Fabolous

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 2:15 am

Cosign T. Myers to the fullest and Gucci's flow on Shine Blockas is next level. You can't hate on that, the flow was ridiculous
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 3:07 pm

T. Myers wrote:
In all seriousness though, dudes like Gucci have their role. There's nothing wrong with with an average mc with a decent flow rapping over dope beats. Project Pat made a solid career out of it. Not everything has to be great lyricism. Lord knows that when i'm riding, i don't always like to bump Immortal Technique. Certain circumstances call for certain music IMO.

yeah.cosignage...

Id love to start a thread called "What you listen to when your riding in the car by yourself"
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 3:07 pm

LOO' MA MIND
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:12 pm

He's better then Nas......LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:41 pm

RealHipHopWillNeverDie wrote:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:58 pm

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 11:01 pm

smh @ Wayne and KJ. He's obviously making a joke pertaining to the Nas vs. Gucci Mane thread on Amazon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 11:20 pm

T. Myers wrote:
smh @ Wayne and KJ. He's obviously making a joke pertaining to the Nas vs. Gucci Mane thread on Amazon.

Why would anyone bother to make a thread like that is beyond me. There's literally NO competition there. But, I guess most things are good for a humorous discussion.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 11:29 pm

Why don't you ask SRP? it was his thread on Amazon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 11:33 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Why don't you ask SRP? it was his thread on Amazon

I'll pass, lol.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 12:55 am

smh. That made you sound like a noob on Amazon, Wayne
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 12:32 pm

Shaun wrote:
smh. That made you sound like a noob on Amazon, Wayne

Lol.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 10:07 pm

I still think SRP's playin'

How could Gucci be better then Nas? Maybe in a parallel universe where the laws of physics don't apply.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 10:11 pm

I still think SRP's playin'

How could Gucci be better then Nas? Maybe in a parallel universe where the laws of physics don't apply.

Do ya really think he's playin?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 11:40 pm

Nas tripped out on Acid and Heroin could outrhyme Gucci Mane.

I've heard better rhymin on PBS than Gucci.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 1:08 am

Gucci Mane is a rapper who benefits from southern privilege
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??   Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else thinks Gucci Mane is garbage??
Page 1 of 1