Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rappers people like, but you think are wack

Go down 
+3
T. Myers
Justin Linker
booerns
7 posters
AuthorMessage
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

Rappers people like, but you think are wack Empty
PostSubject: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:25 pm

What are some rappers that are generally well respected but you think suck. Not just guys you think are overrated, but people that you don't like.

My answer is talib kweli. I think all the guy does is rap about rapping about things. 90% of his shit is not political or conscious, it is just rappign about how political or conscious he is. he raps about not rapping about money and cars and whatever and in the process is doing it. I just think dude is wack.

I know a lot will disagree, but what are your answers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:28 pm

KRS-One... he falls into the talib category for me.. just rapping about rapping about being this or that or positive etc... he has a few songs I like, but in general I do not see it.

J. Cole - just an average emcee who was cosigned by jay so people think he is good...

Lupe - another average emcee who is exalted but only is dope with the right production...

Game...

tru life, wiz kalifa, stack bundles, maino, jae millz, big kuntry, boo rossini, and basically any of TI or Young Jeezy's cronies...
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:29 pm

Yelawolf - I'm not hearing the hype. At all. Period.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:32 pm

Esham. I just can't get into his music
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:33 pm

Bitch ass trick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:34 pm

Twiztid, ICP, Blaze, ABK, Roc as well.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:35 pm

Early Cuyler wrote:
Bitch ass trick.

LOL, the point of the thread would indicate that these artists are respected and loved by most.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:35 pm

I cosign with just about all of the choices mentioned thus far with the exception of KRS, Kweli, and Game.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 6:48 pm

You still a trick @ Terry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 7:08 pm

Lupe Fiasco>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>90% of the underground clowns that get bigged up in this forum

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 7:13 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Lupe Fiasco>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>90% of the underground clowns that get bigged up in this forum

You didn't respond to the thread Johnny Boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 7:19 pm

Ok, here we go.....

Master P: He sounds decent at times with good production, but lyrically he's well below average. Silkk is even worse.

Lil Wayne: Below average lyricist that only really shines on guest appearances.

E-40: I really tried to give this dude a chance. But his flow is just too sloppy and unappealing IMO.

Gucci Mane: One of the worst lyricists of all time IMO. He's Souljah Boy level wack.

All of Dipset except Hell Rell: I've heard better rhymes from Romper Room. I liked Cam'ron's first album but he's been trash ever since.

There's plenty more, but these are the first that come to mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 7:26 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Ok, here we go.....

Master P: He sounds decent at times with good production, but lyrically he's well below average. Silkk is even worse.

E-40: I really tried to give this dude a chance. But his flow is just too sloppy and unappealing IMO.

Gucci Mane: One of the worst lyricists of all time IMO. He's Souljah Boy level wack.

All of Dipset except Hell Rell: I've heard better rhymes from Romper Room. I liked Cam'ron's first album but he's been trash ever since.

I cosign on P, Lil Wayne, E-40, and Gucci Mane.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 7:42 pm

any rapper post 2000 that raps about "rapping" that shit is just wack now

Rap and music are art forms and rapping about rapping is not art or good music, also rappers that just spit punchlines and think they are making music...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 11:51 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Ok, here we go.....

KJ, I realize you gave E 40 a chance, but IMO if you were really listening you'd realize his flow is very precise. His delivery might sound sloppy, but the way he puts words on specific drums takes quite a bit of practice and it's not done on accident. Dude is the OPPOSITE of sloppy IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 11:58 pm

Pretty much every Wu Tang member except

Raekwon, Method Man (when he's being himself and not trying to fit in with Wu stereotypes), Gza (pre-Pro Tools), Inspectah Deck, and Killah Priest. GFK is cool to me in small doses but dude using stream of consiousness rhymes posing as some sort of deepness doesn't work for me. Rza is one of the most over-rated mcs of all time IMO. U God and Cappadonna are flat out wack IMO. Masta Killa is dec, but is carried by dope production. I still like some of their work, don't get me wrong, but individually the praise for these guys is way over-the-top MOST of the time.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 10:10 am

LOL @ Jeffrey for even mentioning the Wu-Tang Clan here...lol

anyway

E-40- this dude IMO raps likes he retarted or slightly below sea level IMO....I recognize his importance to bay area hip-hop as a pioneering emcee but to even suggest that he's talented is straight laughable to me!

Gift Of Gab-LMAOOOOO! this dude wants to be T LA Rock and other old school emcees (with the use of the larger vocabulary) but with a fast Treach/Twista at times sounding flow....completely and utterly WACK IMO!

Joe Buddens-I actually don't hate this guy at all...I just think about the word average and his face always seems to appear on my radar screen....average and Joe Buddens have a bunch in common IMO!

Big L- now this guy was a master of the punchline style of emceeing, no doubt about that but I've seen heads putting him on the levels of the Rakims and Big Daddy Kanes and Biggies and Cool Js and I think all of that talk is just crazy....he was good at what he did but his voice had no command to it and offered a pretty bland style of emceeing IMO and I don't think lyrically he was anywhere as nice as some of those legends previously mentioned IMO

The Geto Boys-I know I've mentioned these dudes before and now here we go again..but any hip-hop group that is placed in the running as one of the greatest hip-hop groups of all-time DOES NOT contain bums such as Willie "Damn" D and Bushwick Bill...plain and quite simple....once they were considered members of that outfit then that was it for me as far as them even being considered as one of the greatest hip-hop groups of all-time....again I recognize their importance to southern hip-hop as a pioneering group but speaking strictly on a talent level as a group they fall far behind a bunch of others IMO and they wouldn't even be on my radar screen had it not been for the GREAT Brad Jordan!

Last edited by D.Powell on Fri 09 Jul 2010, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 10:15 am

Buckshot- its funny how east coast funbags diss all these other "simple" rappers but give this no style having mofo a pass.
Willie D>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sean Price- Boring boring boring boring boring boring. Very average on the mic.

Gucci Mane- I get his appeal but don't get how someone could bump him on a serious tip.

More to come.

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 10:31 am

LOL @ Kev for putting Buckshot and Willie in the same sentence....it's not close bro! stop it!
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 11:19 am

SMH @ Powell.

Geto Boys >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 11:23 am

Well, Sean Price has gone down hill a little bit. A lot of his rhymes now are rehashed, and it seems like he has given up or something. From 94-2000, he was spitting hard lyrically, but as of late, the guy gets repetitive and boring with each verse that he puts out. He's not creative as he used to be. IMO, Rock has always been the better MC out of the group. I wish Rock would drop his solo already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 11:30 am

D.Powell wrote:
LOL @ Jeffrey for even mentioning the Wu-Tang Clan here...lol

anyway

E-40- this dude IMO raps likes he retarted or slightly below sea level IMO....I recognize his importance to bay area hip-hop as a pioneering emcee but to even suggest that he's talented is straight laughable to me!

Gift Of Gab-LMAOOOOO! this dude wants to be T LA Rock and other old school emcees (with the use of the larger vocabulary) but with a fast Treach/Twista at times sounding flow....completely and utterly WACK IMO!

Joe Buddens-I actually don't hate this guy at all...I just think about the word average and his face always seems to appear on my radar screen....average and Joe Buddens have a bunch in common IMO!

Big L- now this guy was a master of the punchline style of emceeing, no doubt about that but I've seen heads putting him on the levels of the Rakims and Big Daddy Kanes and Biggies and Cool Js and I think all of that talk is just crazy....he was good at what he did but his voice had no command to it and offered a pretty bland style of emceeing IMO and I don't think lyrically he was anywhere as nice as some of those legends previously mentioned IMO

The Geto Boys-I know I've mentioned these dudes before and now here we go again..but any hip-hop group that is placed in the running as one of the greatest hip-hop groups of all-time DOES NOT contain bums such as Willie "Damn" D and Bushwick Bill...plain and quite simple....once they were considered members of that outfit then that was it for me as far as them even being considered as one of the greatest hip-hop groups of all-time....again I recognize their importance to southern hip-hop as a pioneering group but speaking strictly on a talent level as a group they fall far behind a bunch of others IMO and they wouldn't even be on my radar screen had it not been for the GREAT Brad Jordan!

COMPLETELY co-sign Powell on Big L. And if you can say Geto Boys, I have every right to say Wu Tang Clan. Geto Boys were around first and are just as influential IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 11:34 am

Yeah I cosign that Big L pick also. To me he would fall in that Meth and Busta Rhymes catergory where he's a one verse or few songs killa but for a full length....not.

Willie D is way betta than Buckshot lyrically. He has betta delivery and way more diverse on the subject matter tip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 3:13 pm

Hold Up Powell, did you just say Big L was wack??

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT!!!

Now it's debatable as to which MC was the best in DITC (Personally, I still say it's Big L) but he's FARRRRR from wack. Shame on you for that bullshit statement. C'Mon Son!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 3:15 pm

I don't think Powell was saying all of those rappers were wack. He was more or less saying that those rappers are widely loved, but doesn't think they are that great.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 5:10 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Now it's debatable as to which MC was the best in DITC (Personally, I still say it's Big L) but he's FARRRRR from wack. Shame on you for that bullshit statement. C'Mon Son!

LOL...this is why KJ is my dude man....he'll call your ass out on shit just like I will..lol

anyway nah KJ Big L is hardly wack my dude, I was just saying that he's not as nice on the mic as you and others seem to think he is thats all I was saying....he is very good at what he did which was being a punchline emcee...some of those lyrics he said in Ebonics are all time punchlines IMO...but when I start to see him thrown up on the levels of Jay-Z or Big Daddy Kane or Ice Cube or LL Cool J or Rakim or Biggie...I think you get the point, then I start to say the samething you just said to me.....C'MON SON GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT....Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 6:10 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

LOL...this is why KJ is my dude man....he'll call your ass out on shit just like I will..lol

anyway nah KJ Big L is hardly wack my dude, I was just saying that he's not as nice on the mic as you and others seem to think he is thats all I was saying....he is very good at what he did which was being a punchline emcee...some of those lyrics he said in Ebonics are all time punchlines IMO...but when I start to see him thrown up on the levels of Jay-Z or Big Daddy Kane or Ice Cube or LL Cool J or Rakim or Biggie...I think you get the point, then I start to say the samething you just said to me.....C'MON SON GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT....Smile

LOL Powell, you know me all too well. Thanks for the shout out!!

On to your viewpoint. I understand what you're saying but dude was the ULTIMATE punchline MC IMO (That 98 Freestyle is one of the illest freestyles I've ever heard). As for your comparisions to the dudes you mentioned above, I think lyrically he could hang with them line for line. Not necessarily saying he was better, but he can stand next to those MC's and not look inferior. He did tracks with Jay and Kane and he definitely shined on those.

Jay was about to sign him to Rock-A-Fella before he was killed, and it's a damn shame because I think he would have blown up after that move and the world would have seen him for the lyrical beast that he was. The thing is, he hadn't even peaked at the time of his death, but you could tell that he was great and was one of the next to blow up. Kinda like you knew Nas was gonna blow up after you heard him on Live At The BBQ and Back To The Grill. I think you get the point.

I took what you said out of context because of the title of this thread. Had it said "rappers who you think are overrated" then I wouldn't have come at you the way I did even though I think Big L's rated where he should be. It was just that the word "wack" was used in the title of the thread so I responded like that. My bad, playa.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 6:27 pm

Co-sign Budden and Lupe.

My contribution: Jay-Z
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 6:28 pm

Big L was not going to blow. But he would have craved out a nice legacy of his own no doubt. One thing about Big L that I know would have kept him in the picture is the fact he was not scared to make mainstream friendly trks.

But still

Willie D>>>>>>>>>>>Big L
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 6:37 pm

lmao... that's the funniest shit I've read in a while K. Rob.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 9:54 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

lmao i agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 9:56 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

lmao i agree

Cosign, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 11:37 pm

Yeah I know its funny to y'all but I mean that shit...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 11:40 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Big L was not going to blow. But he would have craved out a nice legacy of his own no doubt. One thing about Big L that I know would have kept him in the picture is the fact he was not scared to make mainstream friendly trks.

But still

Willie D>>>>>>>>>>>Big L

Fuck outta here Kev. Big L is a million times better than Willie D, and YES he would have blown up. He was talked about on the underground scene just as much as 50 Cent was back then, and he's a much better lyricist than 50. Roc-A-Fella would have done for Big L what Shady/Aftermath did for 50.

Big L over Kanye production would have been sick!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 11:42 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

But still

Willie D>>>>>>>>>>>Big L

Fuck outta here Kev. Big L is a million times better than Willie D, and YES he would have blown up. He was talked about on the underground scene just as much as 50 Cent was back then, and he's a much better lyricist than 50. Roc-A-Fella would have done for Big L what Shady/Aftermath did for 50.

Big L over Kanye production? I would've liked that also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010, 12:47 am

KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

But still

Willie D>>>>>>>>>>>Big L

In case you don't know what the fuck you're talking about:

A) Roc-A-Fella was a RUMOR at the time of L's death, and nothing was signed

B) The material that would eventually be used on The Big Picture was recorded for Big L's OWN label, Flamboyant Records

C) Kanye was not at Roc-A-Fella until 2000, a year after L's death. When L was trying to get signed to Jay-Z's label, Kanye was still ghost producing at Bad Boy.

D) L was NEVER, EVER as hot as 50 was (I'm pretty sure "God's Plan" outsold "Lifestylez" lol), AND Roc-A-Fella NEVER was hot as Shady/Aftermath (how many diamond plaques do they have, exactly?). Period. Yes, they have a bigger roster, yes, they sell a lot of records, but again...timing is all off. Do you know where th-th-the Roc was in 1999? They had Jay-Z and weak ass Memphis Bleek. Oh, and Christion. Yup, Shady/Aftermath right there.

Good try though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010, 1:03 am

M1dw3st3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

But still

Willie D>>>>>>>>>>>Big L

In case you don't know what the fuck you're talking about:

A) Roc-A-Fella was a RUMOR at the time of L's death, and nothing was signed

B) The material that would eventually be used on The Big Picture was recorded for Big L's OWN label, Flamboyant Records

C) Kanye was not at Roc-A-Fella until 2000, a year after L's death. When L was trying to get signed to Jay-Z's label, Kanye was still ghost producing at Bad Boy.

D) L was NEVER, EVER as hot as 50 was (I'm pretty sure "God's Plan" outsold "Lifestylez" lol), AND Roc-A-Fella NEVER was hot as Shady/Aftermath (how many diamond plaques do they have, exactly?). Period. Yes, they have a bigger roster, yes, they sell a lot of records, but again...timing is all off. Do you know where th-th-the Roc was in 1999? They had Jay-Z and weak ass Memphis Bleek. Oh, and Christion. Yup, Shady/Aftermath right there.

Good try though.

A) Roc-A-Fella more than likely would have happened. Jay-Z even said so after L passed away.

B) I know that, jackass! As does everyone else

C) Big fucking deal! L's first album on Roc-A-Fella probably wouldn't have dropped until 2000 anyway.

D) L was EVERY BIT AS HOT as 50 was. Record sales is debatable but he definitely had the same critical acclaim. I know that because I live near NY and was around when both were on the underground scene. Also, I never compared Roc-A-Fella and Shady/Aftermath, all I said was the the Roc would have done for Big L was Shady/Aftermath did for 50, meaning he would have blown up like the world trade. You say all the Roc had was Jay and Bleek? Bullshit! They also had Kanye, Beanie Sigel and Freeway. And like you mentioned, they sold a lot of records. As far as diamond plaques go, they have 3 if I'm not mistaken, 2 by Em and one by 50. But 50 ain't been shit post-GRODT. His underground shit was better than the shit he dropped after he got signed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010, 1:05 am

A) Of course jay said it after L passed away. That means nothing. Nas sampled a Tupac song and swore they were going to collab after Pac died. Yeah, sure.

B) Then why do you act like it's not true.

C) You said L over Kanye...if his album was almost done...you clearly can't add

D) You live in NY. You said it yourself. The difference is, 50 was hot EVERYWHERE before he signed with Shady. L was popular in NYC, that's it. You also missed the Dre diamond plaque.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010, 1:23 am

M1dw3st3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
A) Of course jay said it after L passed away. That means nothing. Nas sampled a Tupac song and swore they were going to collab after Pac died. Yeah, sure.

B) Then why do you act like it's not true.

C) You said L over Kanye...if his album was almost done...you clearly can't add

D) You live in NY. You said it yourself. The difference is, 50 was hot EVERYWHERE before he signed with Shady. L was popular in NYC, that's it. You also missed the Dre diamond plaque.

B) I never acted like anything wasn't true. The Big Picture was a Rawkus Records/Flamboyant production but those songs were made prior to when the Roc-A-Fella rumors surfaced, it was just released posthumously. It would have happened though, Jay was adding cats to the roster at the time so L would have landed there at some point. He was one of many sought after underground cats.

C) You clearly can't comprehend. L's first album on ROC-A-FELLA wouldn't have dropped until around 2000. If L was still alive, chances are that only a select few tracks from TBP would have been released along with some new ones depending on when the deal got done.

D) 50 made headlines with How To Rob, but after he got shot he kinda faded until Eminem discovered him. He really wasn't that big nationwide until 2000 or so, which is about the time Power Of The Dollar debuted. Big L passed away in 1999, but the Roc-A-Fella deal wouldn't have surfaced until 2000 or so anyway. And Dre didn't go diamond with 2001, that album sold 6 million.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010, 1:26 am

We'll see what the consensus is, sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rappers people like, but you think are wack   Rappers people like, but you think are wack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rappers people like, but you think are wack
Page 1 of 1