Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Justin Linker
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Empty
PostSubject: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 3:11 pm

Fred Durst and Mr. Meff get busy over a Primo beat. Yes, that Primo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 3:46 pm

I liked some Limp Biskit. I would call it hip-hop barely cause it was really poppy and rockish to the extreme cheese at some points.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 3:52 pm

N 2 Gether Now >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 4:00 pm

I co-sign SRP and Linker, I liked Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish and The Hot Dog Flavored Water. The latter album was critically panned by critics and I don't understand the hate for it at all. Fred Durst was hip-hop when he wanted to be.

N2Gether Now and the Rollin Remix were bangers.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 6:31 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I co-sign SRP and Linker, I liked Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish and The Hot Dog Flavored Water. The latter album was critically panned by critics and I don't understand the hate for it at all. Fred Durst was hip-hop when he wanted to be.

OK, you say you don't understand the hate for these Limp Bizkit albums, and that Fred Durst is hip hop when he wants to be. However, You say Kid Rock is NOT hip hop. You say he's no more hip hop than Fred Durst. Which one is it? Seriously, you should at least write down when you talk about shit you don't know. That way you could at least keep your shit straight.

https://hiphopforlife.forumotion.com/topic-of-the-day-f17/hip-hop-or-not-thread-6-kid-rock-t4087.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 6:36 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

OK, you say you don't understand the hate for these Limp Bizkit albums, and that Fred Durst is hip hop when he wants to be. However, You say Kid Rock is NOT hip hop. You say he's no more hip hop than Fred Durst. Which one is it? Seriously, you should at least write down when you talk about shit you don't know. That way you could at least keep your shit straight.

https://hiphopforlife.forumotion.com/topic-of-the-day-f17/hip-hop-or-not-thread-6-kid-rock-t4087.htm

Why write it down when I've got haters like you and Jeff to track it down for me? SMH, lame asses.

Kid Rock seems to have abandoned hip-hop unless it's otherwise convient for him. Durst has always been pseudo hip-hop and never strayed away from it, which is what Kid Rock used to be.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 6:40 pm

This wouldn't be a problem if you had an ounce of fucking integrity and you didn't talk out of your ass 95% of the time.

Also, you never addressed my point at all. You say Kid Rock is NOT hip. You said he is no more hip hop than Fred Durst. If Kid Rock is no more hip hop than Fred Durst and Kid Rock is not hip hop, how can Fred Durst be hip hop. It's a simple question that you will avoid. Just like you saying Enta Da Stage was 4.25 stars.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 6:41 pm

Also, the last hit Fred Durst had was a fucking cover of The Who's Behind Blue Eyes. Yeah, that's the epitome of fucking hip hop.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 6:44 pm

Oh yeah, the first hit Fred Durst had was a cover of George Michael's Faith. That is 100% hip hop right there.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 6:55 pm

Opinions aside..yes, this is Hip-Hop
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 6:57 pm

I agree Acrid. Fred Durst as had elements of hip hop. N 2gether Now with Premier and meth is hip hop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 6:58 pm

Both of them are pseudo hip-hop and have never been more than that. The difference is that Durst has always kept hip-hop elements in his back pocket, whereas Kid Rock completely abandoned it.

You wouldn't know the first thing about integrity. You dickride the vast majority of what I say and dig up shit that I said over a fucking year ago, yet you don't do it to others when they bash your favorite artists. That my friend, is a lack of integrity.

As for Enta Da Stage. I've revisited that album since the time I posted that on Amazon and realize that it is indeed classic. I still like Dah Shinin much better and think it's about on the same level as Nocturnal, but it's classic nonetheless.

Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 7:03 pm

My question is..are we questioning the song or Durst..?

Rocker dudes that grew up listening to hip-hop as well (Fred Durst, Chino of Deftones, Zack of RATM, Kid Rock, Jamey Jasta of Hatebreed etc.) these are all band lead singers who have publicly stated they grew up on hip hop along with rock.....what you think about their material is another discussion in itself

so yeah, of course, Durst has the hip-hop influences in him...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 7:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Both of them are pseudo hip-hop and have never been more than that. The difference is that Durst has always kept hip-hop elements in his back pocket, whereas Kid Rock completely abandoned it.

You wouldn't know the first thing about integrity. You dickride the vast majority of what I say and dig up shit that I said over a fucking year ago, yet you don't do it to others when they bash your favorite artists. That my friend, is a lack of integrity.

As for Enta Da Stage. I've revisited that album since the time I posted that on Amazon and realize that it is indeed classic. I still like Dah Shinin much better and think it's about on the same level as Nocturnal, but it's classic nonetheless.

1. You obviously know nothing about Kid Rock if you continue to make those claims. You need to stop.

2. Calling you out for contradicting yourself is not dickriding.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 7:55 pm

It's funny nobody has mentioned Three $ Bill, Y'all. It's the only thing I can stomach from these dudes. I shouldn't put it like that, though. I actually like it a lot. Very original and artistic.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:03 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
It's funny nobody has mentioned Three $ Bill, Y'all. It's the only thing I can stomach from these dudes. I shouldn't put it like that, though. I actually like it a lot. Very original and artistic.

yea that album is actually pretty good i havent listened to it in probably 6-7 years though lol

i used to be big into these guys in middle school, im not sure id cal them hip hop but they incorporate hip hop elements
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:05 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

Yeah, it's not a horrible album. I don't think Faith is very indicative of the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:32 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

1. You obviously know nothing about Kid Rock if you continue to make those claims. You need to stop.

1. It's funny that you're quick to defend Kid Rock, but when someone talks shit about KRS-One (who happens to be your GOAT) and says blasphemous things about him you don't say shit. That doesn't add up.

2. Dickriding is pulling up threads from over a year ago and giving me shit for them. Dickriding is forming meaningless arguments against me just for the sake of fucking with me. Dickriding is giving me shit for thinking Biggie's the GOAT when other people in here have GOAT's that are far less talented. It's YOU that needs to stop, you're being a condescending hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:51 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

1. It's funny that you're quick to defend Kid Rock, but when someone talks shit about KRS-One (who happens to be your GOAT) and says blasphemous things about him you don't say shit. That doesn't add up.

2. Dickriding is pulling up threads from over a year ago and giving me shit for them. Dickriding is forming meaningless arguments against me just for the sake of fucking with me. Dickriding is giving me shit for thinking Biggie's the GOAT when other people in here have GOAT's that are far less talented. It's YOU that needs to stop, you're being a condescending hypocrite.

Calling you out and presenting evidence is not dickriding. Try again moron.

You have failed to refute anything i have said to you in this thread. You just deflect.

I'll ask again. If Kid Rock is no more hip hop than Fred Durst and Kid Rock is NOT hip hop to you, how is Fred Durst hip hop? It is a simple question if you tackle the question head on. Are you capable of doing so?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:55 pm

Technically, "no more than" encompasses "less than".

Not that KJ would have ever realised that.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:57 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Technically, "no more than" encompasses "less than".

Yes, it does, but you can clearly see what KJ is impying in his post. He is basically equating the two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 9:01 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

You have failed to refute anything i have said to you in this thread. You just deflect.

I'll ask again. If Kid Rock is no more hip hop than Fred Durst and Kid Rock is NOT hip hop to you, how is Fred Durst hip hop? It is a simple question if you tackle the question head on. Are you capable of doing so?

You've presented evidence of NOTHING other than the fact that you're a fucking assclown who chooses me as a target because you're too much of a pussy to go after anyone else. When will fools in here learn that when you throw rocks at me, I'm gonna fire back with a machine gun? It's whatever though, I guess you're a glutton for punishment.

Truth be told, I've never been a big fan of Kid Rock although I do respect his accomplishments. While he still has hip-hop elements, the little respect that I did have for him went out the window when he stopped doing hip-hop music after he got dropped from his first record deal. He no longer does hip-hop music save for at a few live performances here and there.

So in short, Kid Rock USED TO BE hip hop but he isn't anymore. If that answer doesn't satisfy you then too fucking bad. I'm done with this bullshit argument.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 9:03 pm

Kid Rock still is hip-hop. His new album will be 3 discs...1 will be straight forward hip hop
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 9:05 pm

lol @ KJ

Remember thinking he would stop being such a whiney bitch after he got used to us?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 9:05 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

You've presented evidence of NOTHING other than the fact that you're a fucking assclown who chooses me as a target because you're too much of a pussy to go after anyone else. When will fools in here learn that when you throw rocks at me, I'm gonna fire back with a machine gun? It's whatever though, I guess you're a glutton for punishment.

Truth be told, I've never been a big fan of Kid Rock although I do respect his accomplishments. While he still has hip-hop elements, the little respect that I did have for him went out the window when he stopped doing hip-hop music after he got dropped from his first record deal. He no longer does hip-hop music save for at a few live performances here and there.

So in short, Kid Rock USED TO BE hip hop but he isn't anymore. If that answer doesn't satisfy you then too fucking bad. I'm done with this bullshit argument.

No, He STILL DOES HIP HOP.

and I'm a glutton for punishment? You are the one who gets called out every damn day and you come back for more. Just ask around. When people feel like they're losing their edge. They just pick and win an argument against you. You're the Brooklyn Brawler of the forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 9:10 pm

LMAO @ the "Brooklyn Brawler" comment! Classic.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 9:16 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

I wouldn't say I still like it, but that is and always has been their best album IMO

Limp Bizkit is partly hip-hop IMO. I mean, DJ Lethal was dope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 12:13 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

When will you learn to shut the fuck up when you're WRONG?
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:50 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

Yeah, it's not a horrible album. I don't think Faith is very indicative of the album.

cosign...."Counterfeit" goes fuckin hard...easily one of the best songs from their catlog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit   Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hip Hop Or Not? Thread 11 Limp Bizkit
Page 1 of 1