Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon

Go down 
+2
Haterex
J. Harris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Empty
PostSubject: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:20 am

Obviously, this is a marketing scheme for his upcoming album. Cats have been saying this shit for years. Now, I guess he has to come through and say "Die Autotune!" to generate buzz. This is coming from the same guy who was rapping about drugs while he was rich.......gimmick. Also, the new DOA track is not even all that. The beat is thorough, but the lyrical content is weak. Hell, the KRS/Buckshot track is 10X better than that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:35 am

And I thought I was a hater J.Harris lol
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:40 am

It's not hating man. It's just fact yo. It seems like I'm hating, but I'm just saying what other folks won't because there are a lot of Jay-Z stans out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 12:53 pm

Harris you do not like anything man, how long have you been listening to rap? Whether Jay is bandwagon or not i'm glad he is standing up. Hov can't win from losing with the haters if he would have embraced the autotune and started using it he would be a sell out and if he is against it he is on the "bandwagon"...I mean come on.

Last edited by KRob86 on Fri 12 Jun 2009, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 1:02 pm

But didn't he have an autotune single on deck for Blueprint 3 before this song drop?
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 1:16 pm

Wow I actually agree with Kevin on something. Yeah, you're being a hater here Harris, and this is coming from a master hater. I'm glad Jay is airing out this autotune stupidity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 1:45 pm

Haterex wrote:
Wow I actually agree with Kevin on something. Yeah, you're being a hater here Harris, and this is coming from a master hater. I'm glad Jay is airing out this autotune stupidity.

yeah but jay said the lil wayne and kayne albums are good. they have lots of auto tune. he says t pain has talent and makes good music, once again auto tune. hes not really standing up at all.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 2:40 pm

"Harris you do not like anything man, how long have you been listening to rap? Whether Jay is bandwagon or not i'm glad he is standing up. Hov can't win from losing with the haters if he would have embraced the autotune and started using it he would be a sell out and if he is against it he is on the "bandwagon"...I mean come on."

I don't like anything?? Man, I've been listening to hip hop ever since I could talk man. Yeah, I'm very critical on things, but there are some things that should just be brought to light.

"yeah but jay said the lil wayne and kayne albums are good. they have lots of auto tune. he says t pain has talent and makes good music, once again auto tune. hes not really standing up at all."

Co-sign!

There are more folks on this board that hate on shit more than I do, but every time I say something critical, folks are always jumping on my ass about shit. And, that question on how long I've been listening to rap is just complete utter bullshit period!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 2:47 pm

^^ its because we are not aloud to be critical of anything. we have to just accept what the artists put out and say its good or else we are haters. we have to like everything and no one can have an opinion that it different. you should know this by now, look how people like k rob post. he must be a fan of everything in the entire world because you cant say anything negative about this guy or else he has a little fit.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 2:49 pm

how long have you been listening to hip hop though, specifically. Since you could talk isn't giving anybody who doesn't know how old you are any idea how long that would be.

The fact is, this is a stupid reason to be mad at Jay-Z, however you look at it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 2:53 pm

Haterex wrote:
how long have you been listening to hip hop though, specifically. Since you could talk isn't giving anybody who doesn't know how old you are any idea how long that would be.

The fact is, this is a stupid reason to be mad at Jay-Z, however you look at it.

im not mad a jay because of this. jay is commercial mainstream to me, i just think its dumb that hes making a song like this when in my mind hes part of the reason for shitty rap. i have not been a fan of jay since blueprint.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 3:06 pm

"how long have you been listening to hip hop though, specifically. Since you could talk isn't giving anybody who doesn't know how old you are any idea how long that would be."

Ex, I'm 28. Been listening to hip hop since about '83 or so. My Dad put me on to hip hop as well as my uncles. I also grew up on classic soul, blues, jazz, reggae, and some rock music as well. So yeah, I'm pretty deep in this shit. I call Jay a hypocrite because he is one. I like some of Jay's songs (RD was pretty good, and some tracks on Blueprint), but it seems like some folks think this guy is the messiah or something. All of a sudden he stands up for anti-autotune. How come he didn't stand up when Lil Wayne, Kanye, and T-Pain were doing that? Hell, he was praising those joints. Now, he anti-autotune? This is just publicity and a marketing scheme for him. Regardless of the DOA joint, he is just doing what other rap cats have been doing over the last couple of years. He figures because he is mainstream, this would gain him more notoriety and garner sales for his next joint. It's all about business with Jay-Z. Remember he was a hustler before rapping. If he really was anti-autotune, he should have did that shit awhile back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 3:20 pm

Cory wrote:
^^ its because we are not aloud to be critical of anything. we have to just accept what the artists put out and say its good or else we are haters. we have to like everything and no one can have an opinion that it different. you should know this by now, look how people like k rob post. he must be a fan of everything in the entire world because you cant say anything negative about this guy or else he has a little fit.

Cory that works both ways so are you telling me I should not speak up if I do not agree with something? I mean your point works out for me also. I did not agree with Harris so I said something, you can't do anymore? When you and Harris or whoever put out personal comments you must expect some backlash.

So what is Jay Z supposed to be doing in Cory's and Harris mind? He's a grown azz man in the game that we are not in so it is easy for us to sit on the sideline and judge and b**ch about what we think someone should be doing. Jay is one of the BEST things imo to happen to rap and he has held it down all his career with banga after banga for the most part. Has he been perfect? No. Is he the best rapper ever? Not to me. Does he have to live and learn like we do? Probably. So the point i'm making is stop acting like Jay Z is truly this God and can't slip at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 3:30 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Cory wrote:

Cory that works both ways so are you telling me I should not speak up if I do not agree with something? I mean your point works out for me also. I did not agree with Harris so I said something, you can't do anymore? When you and Harris or whoever put out personal comments you must expect some backlash.

So what is Jay Z supposed to be doing in Cory's and Harris mind? He's a grown azz man in the game that we are not in so it is easy for us to sit on the sideline and judge and b**ch about what we think someone should be doing. Jay is one of the BEST things imo to happen to rap and he has held it down all his career with banga after banga for the most part. Has he been perfect? No. Is he the best rapper ever? Not to me. Does he have to live and learn like we do? Probably. So the point i'm making is stop acting like Jay Z is truly this God and can't slip at times.

no when the slip we should be able to point it out. when scarface makes a wack record we should be able to say thats wack and not be labeled a hater. im sick of that word being throw about. when people you dont like make it onto the top 100 i see you get mad. when i make a similar statement i have people like you telling me to stop hating. like you said it has to work both ways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 4:22 pm

I'll admit that Jay's being somewhat hypocritical with that track being that he's down with Kanye, Lil Wayne, and T-Pain, but this is STILL a dope ass song and I predict that the Blueprint 3 will be one of the year's best albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 6:45 pm

Cory wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Cory wrote:

no when the slip we should be able to point it out. when scarface makes a wack record we should be able to say thats wack and not be labeled a hater. im sick of that word being throw about. when people you dont like make it onto the top 100 i see you get mad. when i make a similar statement i have people like you telling me to stop hating. like you said it has to work both ways.

Yes Cory you are correct you have every damn right to call any album you want whack but I have every right to not agree and say if it osund dumb azz f**k to me. Like we have alwys told you it is all in how you word the comment that you get "attacked" for. But no one really attacks you anymore because we expect certain comments to fly out your mouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 6:49 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Cory wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Cory wrote:

Yes Cory you are correct you have every damn right to call any album you want whack but I have every right to not agree and say if it osund dumb azz f**k to me. Like we have alwys told you it is all in how you word the comment that you get "attacked" for. But no one really attacks you anymore because we expect certain comments to fly out your mouth.

its funny because lately i have seen lots of people talking shit about you. your emotional and shit and one sided. when kool john called anyone who doesnt agree with him a DUMB FUCK you dont say anything about his wording because you love him. when i say the same thing you get pissed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 7:00 pm

The reason I don't attack Kool John is because he has never came at me like you have, plus when I do not agree with Kool John I tell him just like he tells me. And yes I get "emotional" because I luv this ish!! Isn't that f**king obvious!!! I do not even respond to you usually let alone come at you greasy (no homo) except tht last time I let loose but that was due to reading your "hey look at me i'm saying something against the grain" ish you were pulling over time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 7:14 pm

KRob86 wrote:
The reason I don't attack Kool John is because he has never came at me like you have, plus when I do not agree with Kool John I tell him just like he tells me. And yes I get "emotional" because I luv this ish!! Isn't that f**king obvious!!! I do not even respond to you usually let alone come at you greasy (no homo) except tht last time I let loose but that was due to reading your "hey look at me i'm saying something against the grain" ish you were pulling over time.

Hey Kev, Just ignore Cory's ignorant ass. He only criticizes rappers that he doesn't like (Nas, Jay-Z, Scarface, etc).
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 9:50 pm

Hmm I actually liked this song, that line he spits about cats' albums causing a depression in this recession was ill.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 1:33 am

Remember Jay did come from an era were skill was critical.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 3:34 am

"Remember Jay did come from an era were skill was critical."

Right. He knows how to rhyme. I just wished showed skill more than his money. That's why Reasonable Doubt is the best work he put out IMO. That album had that 'ol NY boom bap style to it (except for the singles).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 10:50 am

Harris Jay can't stay stuck in one era or he would be nobody now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 12:18 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Hey Kev, Just ignore Cory's ignorant ass. He only criticizes rappers that he doesn't like (Nas, Jay-Z, Scarface, etc).

wrong. kool g rap, masta ace and big daddy kane are my favorite rappers and im always critical of their work and the first to point out and be pissed about wack shit they drop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 12:38 pm

Personally, I'm just glad it took a mainstream person to speak out on the matter. These days, every time an artist tries to say something, it's usually all in the matter of drumming up sales, which could be a good thing or a bad thing. In Fiddy's case, it's a bad thing. Nas did a good thing by saying "hip hop is dead", which resulting in a lot of artists starting to step their game up. Maybe something good can come out of this, and artists in general will decide whether they will use their marketing skills for the better. Who knows.

I thought the song was decent, and I wouldn't really classify myself as a Jay-Z fan in general.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 4:55 pm

I've been bumping this song for a while although I'm surprised Ye helped produce it with his autotune adventures.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 5:25 pm

Death Of The Autotune is Jay attempting to phase that bullshit out

Cheers to him, also the song is bangin

Yea-aah-ahh gooooodbye

I hope they put that bullshit in the incinerator where it belongs, with Soulja Boi and Gucci Mane piled on top
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 6:29 pm

"I hope they put that bullshit in the incinerator where it belongs, with Soulja Boi and Gucci Mane piled on top"

I hope so because after I heard that Soulja Boy was at Hot 97's Summer Jam, I wanted to smack Hot 97 for even allowing that. But, I guess if they want to sell out and make dough, that's the way they wanted it. It's crazy how real hip hoppers don't even attend that event anymore. That event used to be a prominent one in the 90s.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 6:36 pm

Cory wrote:
^^ its because we are not aloud to be critical of anything. we have to just accept what the artists put out and say its good or else we are haters. we have to like everything and no one can have an opinion that it different.

I just thought that was quote worthy...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 1:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAnZ4yW0Y7c&feature=related

I'm digging this song, much better than DOA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 1:55 am

A.Scott, you seriously think it was good thing for Nas to say hip hop is dead?
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 5:10 am

Jay does have alot of balls doing this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon   Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jay-Z jumping on the anti-Autotune bandwagon
Page 1 of 1