Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?

Go down 
+4
parker lewis
Shaun
T. Myers
E. Taylor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Empty
PostSubject: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 8:50 am

What are your thoughts. Of course I'm a Bengals fan so I am cautiously optimistic. They already had Chad, picked up Antonio Bryant, have Caldwell back and now add T.O. They also drafted Gresham at TE so they have a really nice recieving core and hopefully a healthy Carson Palmer to get them the ball. They also have a very solid O-line. The defense was top 10 last year. I've learned in past years that if any team can screw something up, it's the Bengals. However, I am very optimistic about the upcoming season.

T.O. will have to accept being #2 or possibly even #3 behind Bryant. If he does accept it, it could work out really well.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 9:02 am

With or without Bryant, T.O. is going to be at least #2. I personally don't see Bryant being much of a factor this year.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 11:46 am

I didn't even know that Bryant was coming off an injury. Could be another bone headed transaction by the Bungles. I hope not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 11:52 am

Chad and TO? Game over... you guys are going to have a dope 1-2 receiver punch. TO is on the decline, but still has plenty left in him so I think you guys picked up a great deal there.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 12:01 pm

And even if T.O. doesn't have big numbers, they got him for a bargain.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 12:20 pm

With a little humility TO could be just the type to take over leadership for these guys, an unacknowledged problem in Cincinnati.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:15 pm

Great move no complains about it. As for Bryant.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:15 pm

This is an EXCELLENT move, one that should have been made way back when Ochocinco was lobbying to bring T.O. to Cincy in the first place. I've never liked Antonio Bryant, they should waive his ass after the season's over.

A lot of people think T.O. is washed up and I disagree with that. T.O.'s year in Buffalo is very similar to when Randy Moss was in Oakland. Neither guy put up big numbers because they had shitty QB's and shitty offensive lines. Moss got with Brady and set a record for TD catches when people thought he was done (he was expected to be a WR3 in fantasy football that year, but he ended up being the Top WR easily). While I don't see T.O. catching for 24 TD's, I could easily see him scoring 10-12 times.

With T.O. and Ochocinco on the same squad, Carson Palmer will be a Top 5 QB in the league and it'll be an awesome race between the Bengals and Ravens for the AFC North. Both of them look like Super Bowl caliber teams. Defensive backs will have their work cut out for them when they play the Bengals.

Taylor, get your popcorn ready!!!
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:19 pm

this is either going one of two ways:

a. Ocho Uno and Ocho Cinco hit it off..being talked about sunday after sunday about how their making this work

b. these two ego maniacs create a disaster in the locker room and become a failed experiment on the field(doubtful, but you never know)..

but we all knew this....

this move definitely puts them back in the conversation of hot AFC teams alongside NYJ, NE, IND(who are still the AFC team to beat, lets get that out right now) etc.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:21 pm

I doubt TO is hurting for money but this should be of concern.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

T.O.'s incentives: 60 catches - 333k; 100 catches - 333k; 900 yds - 333k; 1300 yds - 333k; 10 td's - 333k; 14 td's - 333k. Total $2 mil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:22 pm

ACRID" wrote:
this move definitely puts them back in the conversation of hot AFC teams alongside NYJ, NE, IND(who are still the AFC team to beat, lets get that out right now) etc.

Don't forget about BAL who signed Anquan Boldin and had a great draft, they're gonna be dope as well.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:29 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
ACRID" wrote:

Don't forget about BAL who signed Anquan Boldin and had a great draft, they're gonna be dope as well.

I would also put Houston in there. Ben Tate is going to be a beast for them, making them one of the most complete offenses in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:30 pm

No doubt Baltimore will be tough.

I also forgot we've got TE Reggie Kelly coming back from injury. Him with Gresham should make the tight end a weapon again. running backs are good with Benson and Bernard Scott.

Anybody think Pitt will contend this season with Ben serving a 4 game suspension?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:31 pm

Justice wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
ACRID" wrote:

I would also put Houston in there. Ben Tate is going to be a beast for them, making them one of the most complete offenses in the NFL.

The Texans could end up making the playoffs for the first time in their franchise history, but they're not a championship caliber team. Their defense still needs work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:33 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
No doubt Baltimore will be tough.

I also forgot we've got TE Reggie Kelly coming back from injury. Him with Gresham should make the tight end a weapon again. running backs are good with Benson and Bernard Scott.

Anybody think Pitt will contend this season with Ben serving a 4 game suspension?

Nah the Steelers are done. Ben's suspension is actually 6 games but could be reduced to 4. Not to mention that Santonio Holmes was traded to the Jets. I see them going 8-8 at best.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:35 pm

I look for big things for the Texans too. They kicked my Bengals butts last year.

Last edited by E. Taylor on Wed 28 Jul 2010, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:35 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
This is an EXCELLENT move, one that should have been made way back when Ochocinco was lobbying to bring T.O. to Cincy in the first place. I've never liked Antonio Bryant, they should waive his ass after the season's over.

I've never liked him either. I wouldn't be surprised if the cut him in camp. I think people should keep their expectations for T.O. in check, but this is a great spot for him.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:38 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Justice wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
ACRID" wrote:

The Texans could end up making the playoffs for the first time in their franchise history, but they're not a championship caliber team. Their defense still needs work.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Houston make a playoff run, but i actually think they're the 3rd best team in their division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:50 pm

Ochocinco says he and TO are good friends off the field, and always work out together, etc. I think this is a great signing, and I agree with the Moss analogy KJ made.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:53 pm

I think the Moss analogy is sort of accurate. Both of them were in football hell, but Moss flat out quit on his team. I didn't see that with T.O. T.O. deserved a shot a lot sooner than this, but this was the best place for him IMO.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 4:16 pm

i just want to see the celebrations

also, if any of you watch Ocho Cinco's reality show on VH1, TO was on the first episode, they seemed to get along great, Ocho Cinco had TO over to help him scout the girls lmao
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 4:42 pm

I just hope all this tv stuff doesn't affect Chad's play. He had a great year last year and he was really the only threat Cincy had in the passing game. Both tight ends were injured, and the guy they signed to replace T.J. Houshmanzadah, Lavernious Coles, ended up sucking out loud.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 6:38 pm

watching PTI (now)...Kornheiser brought up a damn good point, an obvious one at that:

When will T.O. become disgruntled and cause yet another rift between himself and the starting QB(Palmer)??

dare i say it is indeed inevitable??

and cosign BAL..i threw in a etc...didnt want to go thru the entire list of AFC teams
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?   Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bengals and T.O.......Good move or not?
Page 1 of 1