Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???

Go down 
+6
Highsmith
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Shaun
D.Powell
Deanie O'Banion
Half
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which is better?
Blueprint 3
One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Blueprint 1
One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Vote_lcap94%One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 94% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage

One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:39 pm

Jeff wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
LMAO wow Powell that is the funniest opinion of all time

About the only one funnier is SRP and Jeff thinking Harlem World is an elite East Coast album.

Funnier than you thinking Biggie or Nas have dope discographies.

Nas does have a dope discog, and so does Biggie despite the fact that it's only two albums.

The only album between either of them that's worse than Harlem World is Nastradamus.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:41 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

About the only one funnier is SRP and Jeff thinking Harlem World is an elite East Coast album.

Nas does have a dope discog, and so does Biggie despite the fact that it's only two albums.

The only album between either of them that's worse than Harlem World is Nastradamus.

Stop that! Nas has a few that are worse or on par with Harlem World. Harlem World is a good album. Is it as good as N3R0 thinks? it isn't to me, but it's still a good album. I'd take both of Biggie's albums over Harlem World though.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:44 pm

I actually have Harlem World at 4.5 stars. That would put it on par with, or better than a lot of Nas albums, and better than LAD.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:45 pm

Shaun wrote:
I actually have Harlem World at 4.5 stars. That would put it on par with, or better than a lot of Nas albums, and better than LAD.

yeah, i got Harlem World at 4.25-4.5 so it's no slouch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:45 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Stop that! Nas has a few that are worse or on par with Harlem World. Harlem World is a good album. Is it as good as N3R0 thinks? it isn't to me, but it's still a good album. I'd take both of Biggie's albums over Harlem World though.

I cosign on the Biggie comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:46 pm

Shaun wrote:

Wow, on par with or better than a lot of Nas albums AND better than LAD to boot? Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:48 pm

My Harlem World copy is all fucked up and scratched... Sad

I gotta buy a new copy soon. Dope album, much better than at least 3 of Nas' albums.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:51 pm

Nastradamus, Street's Disciple, I Am..., It Was Written (although I'd rather listen to IWW), and Stillmatic (same as IWW). I have Ready To Die at 4.5, too, but I'd take that just about anytime over Harlem World.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:53 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Harlem World is only a 4 star album to me. Not bad by any means, but like you said....N3RO overrates it.

I have every Nas album except Nastradamus rated over it. I even have Black Rob's Life Story ahead of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:55 pm

Shaun wrote:
Nastradamus, Street's Disciple, I Am..., It Was Written (although I'd rather listen to IWW), and Stillmatic (same as IWW). I have Ready To Die at 4.5, too, but I'd take that just about anytime over Harlem World.

Shaking My Head

Harlem World is nowhere near better than any of those items, and I'm not saying that because of my admitted bias towards Nas. Even if I wasn't a "Nas stan" I would make the same comments. I respect your opinions though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:55 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Harlem World is only a 4 star album to me. Not bad by any means, but like you said....N3RO overrates it.

I have every Nas album except Nastradamus rated over it. I even have Black Rob's Life Story ahead of it.

Harlem World is only 4 stars to me also.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:56 pm

Harlem World is the 2nd best Bad Boy album, IMO
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:58 pm

Shaking My Head Harlem World is a lifetime ahead of Nastradamus. It's much better than Street's Disciple, although I'll admit I'm not a real big fan of Street's Disciple, and a little better than I Am. It's about even with It Was Written. Ready to Die is killing Harlem World though. All that, of course, is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:59 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Shaking My Head Harlem World is a lifetime ahead of Nastradamus. It's much better than Street's Disciple, although I'll admit I'm not a real big fan of Street's Disciple, and a little better than I Am. It's about even with It's about. Ready to Die is killing Harlem World though. All that, of course, is just my opinion.

Ready To Die does KILL Harlem World on all levels. Oh yeah, there's no way Harlem World is better, even slightly, than Street's Disciple and I Am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:59 pm

Shaun wrote:

I'd take both Biggie albums, NWO, and Life Story over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:01 pm

Wayne wrote:
Victor Shade wrote:
Shaking My Head Harlem World is a lifetime ahead of Nastradamus. It's much better than Street's Disciple, although I'll admit I'm not a real big fan of Street's Disciple, and a little better than I Am. It's about even with It's about. Ready to Die is killing Harlem World though. All that, of course, is just my opinion.

Ready To Die does KILL Harlem World on all levels. Oh yeah, there's no way Harlem World is better, even slightly, than Street's Disciple and I Am.

No way in Wayne's world, but quite a few people think that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:02 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

I'd take both Biggie albums, NWO, and Life Story over it.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:03 pm

Didn't you say that SD is 4 stars to you? That's the same rating...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:03 pm

Wayne wrote:
Victor Shade wrote:

Indeed, I Am DESTROYS Harlem World quite easily.

I have HW and SD rated the same, but I like Thief's Theme, Suicide Bounce, These Are Our Heroes, Nazereth Savage, and Bridging The Gap more than anything on HW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:04 pm

Steve wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Victor Shade wrote:

No way in Wayne's world.

You're right, lol.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:05 pm

smh. Just A Moment>>>>>>>>everything on SD except Theif's Theme (objectively)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:05 pm

Harlem World: 4x Platinum

I Am: 2x Plat
Street's Disciple: Plat (Though sales get doubled since it's a double disc)

The people have spoken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:06 pm

Shaun wrote:
Didn't you say that SD is 4 stars to you? That's the same rating...

Yep, SD is 4 stars to me, a better than album than Harlem World.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:06 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Victor Shade wrote:

Indeed, I Am DESTROYS Harlem World quite easily.

I have HW and SD rated the same, but I like Thief's Theme, Suicide Bounce, These Are Our Heroes, Nazereth Savage, and Bridging The Gap more than anything on HW.

Cosign a million times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:09 pm

Steve wrote:

The people have spoken.

Why do you ALWAYS use sales for your arguments? Sales DO NOT determine how good an album is.

If they did, then Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em (10x Plat) and To The Extreme (8x Plat) would be considered great albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:10 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve wrote:

The people have spoken.

Why do you ALWAYS use sales for your arguments? Sales DO NOT determine the worth of an album.

If they did, then Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em (10x Plat) and To The Extreme (8x Plat) would be considered great albums.

Cosign on the comment about sales. Although I'm a 50 fan, I would tell him that in a heartbeat, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:11 pm

Shaun wrote:

Just A Moment isn't my fav on the album, but I do like it better than anything on Harlem World except 24 Hours To Live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:12 pm

I don't ALWAYS use sales. Not even 1% of the time. Not even one half of one percent.

But when people make foolish claims like OMG LOL NO WAY NEBODY LIKED THIS ALBUM LOL ITS TRASH EVERYONE THINKS ALBUM X IS BETTER LOL!! Sales prove that no, that isn't true.

If you want to claim it's personally better? Great. You and Wayne need to stop making these sweeping Nas claims like the Virgin Mary is cosigning him.

As for those two, 18 million people liked those albums enough to buy them. In hindsight it's easy to diss, but they did something right, apparently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:13 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Just A Moment isn't my fav on the album, but I do like it better than anything on Harlem World except 24 Hours To Live.

Another comment I cosign with.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:14 pm

Wayne wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve wrote:

The people have spoken.

Why do you ALWAYS use sales for your arguments? Sales DO NOT determine the worth of an album.

Cosign on the comment about sales. Although I'm a 50 fan, I would tell him that in a heartbeat, lol.

I know right, and those figures are just US sales. I'm willing to bet that Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em outsold GRODT worldwide. GRODT is obviously the better album, just sayin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:14 pm

Steve wrote:
I don't ALWAYS use sales. Not even 1% of the time. Not even one half of one percent.

But when people make foolish claims like OMG LOL NO WAY NEBODY LIKED THIS ALBUM LOL ITS TRASH EVERYONE THINKS ALBUM X IS BETTER LOL!! Sales prove that no, that isn't true.

If you want to claim it's personally better? Great. You and Wayne need to stop making these sweeping Nas claims like the Virgin Mary is cosigning him.

As for those two, 18 million people liked those albums enough to buy them. In hindsight it's easy to diss, but they did something right, apparently.

I was a fan of the Hammer album back in the day, so I see your point on that one. Vanilla Ice, not so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:15 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve wrote:

The people have spoken.

I know right, and those figures are just US sales. I'm willing to bet that Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em outsold GRODT worldwide. GRODT is obviously the better album, just sayin.

It probably did outsell GRODT when it comes to worldwide sales, and we're not even trying to start a comparion between those 2 albums, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:19 pm

Steve wrote:

Dude, you do use sales quite often in your arguments/debates. At least the old you did, lol.

The only reason Nas was even brought into this is because of N3RO, so don't blame me and Wayne, blame him. He (and everybody else) should already know that we're gonna defend him. So if people don't wanna play that game then they shouldn't start it.

It's true that 18 million people did buy Hammer and Vanilla Ice, but all 18 million people didn't like the finished product. If they did, they'd still be bumpin those albums to this day.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:20 pm

Wayne wrote:
Steve wrote:

I was a fan of the Hammer album back in the day, so I see your point on that one. Vanilla Ice, not so much.

Yeah I copped that Hammer album too because I liked U Can't Touch This and Pray, the album overall was average at best though. I never fucked with the Vanilla Ice album though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:22 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Steve wrote:

Yeah I copped that Hammer album too because I liked U Can't Touch This and Pray, the album overall was average at best though. I never fucked with the Vanilla Ice album though.

I liked those same songs as well, and again, I stayed far away from that Vanilla Ice album, lol.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 9:25 pm

I agree. The amount of sales for an album do nothing to determine how good an album is. I don't care if the album went double lead. Also, if Harlem World is the 2nd best Bad Boy album, you're saying that a Mase album is better than either Biggie album. You're smokin' some good shit if you think that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 9:36 pm

I never said they determined how good an album was, did I? No. Learn to read (and then learn not to criticize people for calling an album top 5, rate it 3.5....then rate it top 5). I said it merely determined consensus as to how many people liked an album in comparison.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:15 pm

Steve wrote:
I never said they determined how good an album was, did I? No. Learn to read (and then learn not to criticize people for calling an album top 5, rate it 3.5....then rate it top 5). I said it merely determined consensus as to how many people liked an album in comparison.

I think it's YOU that needs to learn to read man. I said what I said because you almost always use sales to make your arguments. I countered that by saying just because a bunch of people bought an album doesn't mean they all liked it, which is where critical acclaim (or lack thereof) comes into play.

If N3RO truly believes that Harlem World is a Top 25 album in the East Coast then that's his perogative, but statements like that are the reason why people don't respect his overall rap taste. He claims to have heard every rap album ever made, yet he says that shit. I find that hard to believe. If he really does try everything, I'd think he'd respect the old school more than he does, as would most people. Just saying.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:18 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve wrote:

I think it's YOU that needs to learn to read man. I said what I said because you almost always use sales to make your arguments. I countered that by saying just because a bunch of people bought an album doesn't mean they all liked it, which is where critical acclaim (or lack thereof) comes into play.

If N3RO truly believes that Harlem World is a Top 25 album in the East Coast then that's his perogative, but statements like that are the reason why people don't respect his overall rap taste. He claims to have heard every rap album ever made, yet he says that shit. I find that hard to believe. If he really does try everything, I'd think he'd respect the old school more than he does, as would most people. Just saying.....

So now this is about the age of albums? Older is better? I respect the old school more than I let on, to my friends off this forum who think KRS One fucking blows and Rakim is the most over-rated rapper of all time. But HERE, where it's all east coast this and golden age that, I defend the new shit. Get over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:24 pm

Jeff wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve wrote:

So now this is about the age of albums? Older is better? I respect the old school more than I let on, to my friends off this forum who think KRS One fucking blows and Rakim is the most over-rated rapper of all time. But HERE, where it's all east coast this and golden age that, I defend the new shit. Get over it.

I could go on for days on the Old School/New School topic but I'll make a long story short by saying that back in the days you'd have mad classic albums come out every year, and nowadays you're lucky if you get one or two classics per year. That my friend, speaks volumes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:26 pm

Again, how can you say that when you peep less than 20 albums a year and I've already listened to almost 100.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:53 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve wrote:

was talkin to highsmith bro...
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:01 am

Sales have nothing to do with how many people liked an album, consensus, etc. Vanilla Ice sold all of those copies based on Ice Ice Baby. No one could care less how the album sounded or what was on it as long as they could play Ice Ice Baby 10 times a day. Once again, a good album has zilch to do with sales and just because people bought an album it has nothing to do with consensus, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:16 am

Let me....dumb it down for you....

If your album sells ten million, CONSENSUS is that it is more liked than the album selling 1 million. No statement of qualitative value there pal. As Norm would say, keep up...
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:23 am

People deciding to buy your album says only so much of how those people end up liking your album once they've bought, so it's really a leap to make so direct a connection, especially when you're considering albums that have both gone at least plat and received a great deal of marketing. You figure it would involve some good word of mouth from some buyers, but it's kind a nebulous thing.

Last edited by Jason on Fri 13 Aug 2010, 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:27 am

You guys are just arguing for the sake of argument, with no real points or anything, so I'm done with this. On to the next.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:28 am

Just because you refuse to see it or you disagree with it doesn't mean that no point was made. Only so many people listen to albums thoroughly before they buy them, so this direct connection between buying an album and liking an album is misguided, not to mention all the other entanglements of sales and marketing. How is that not even a real point?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:31 am

Yes Jason, people buy 10 million records because NOBODY likes them!!!

People buy THREE MILLION Lil' Wayne albums because they REALLY like SILVER JEWS more! No wait, they like the latest KP joint more! No, wait....

Just stop it.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:34 am

You're misrepresenting my point rather than addressing it, but go right on, since I have no real point to begin with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:43 am

Jason, sarcasm aside, you're making no point.

Let's say I'm in sales, and I have two products. One is judged to be artistically superior, but the other sells 10 million times more. I go to my boss next time with the low selling product when there is no time to change it, instead of the more popular one. Am I fired or not?

Maybe in your world, more popular doesn't equal more liked. Or maybe only one percent of the three million buyers liked Lil' Wayne's album. Still more than if 100% like KP's latest album.

Which is why you're making no sense. "Durrr, maybe someone buys it but they don't like it! Maybe they REALLY like the thing they didn't buy."

Stop that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???   One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One of the funniest things I have ever seen...BP3 > BP1 Powell???
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next