Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O Empty
PostSubject: You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O   You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 12:22 pm

For some reason, I was under the impression that Daddy-O (from Stetsasonic) never had a solo album...but I've always wanted to hear one. Anyway, I scooped up his debut on cassette when I saw it out of the blue the other day at the record store. The album is actually pretty tight. I've always dug his style and he came through nicely IMO. Has anyone else heard this album?

You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O AlbumArt_%7B4A1512AF-9005-45DF-BC54-67FB2B98CCB7%7D_Large
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O   You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 2:51 pm

I didn't know he had a solo album either. Definitely interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O   You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 3:00 pm

Yeah man, I gotta listen to it more, but I've always like Daddy-O, so I'm diggin' it. Just google it for a link. But I even posed the question about a solo Daddy-O album more than once and I don't remember hearing anything about it...thought it was interesting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O   You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 3:31 pm

I remember he had a single out with all these motorbikes in it but I never checked for the album. What year did it drop?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O   You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 3:35 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I remember he had a single out with all these motorbikes in it but I never checked for the album. What year did it drop?

It dropped in 1993. I may have to check for that video later. Sounds cheesy. lol
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O   You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 12:35 am

Eh, everybody needs a daddy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O   You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 11:26 am

To this day, I've never heard this album. I was close to buying it back in the day, but never got around to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O   You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Can Be a Daddy, But Never Daddy-O
Page 1 of 1