Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheese Vs "Realism"

Go down 
+6
Wanduras
Shaun
Half
Myestro
Funk Seoul Brother
Laced With Slang
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Cheese Vs "Realism" Empty
PostSubject: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 11:13 am

I just got done watching Turtles Forever! with my son today. It's a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie where the newest incarnation meets the cheesy OGs from 88. This took me back. Anybody else feel like the cheesy 80's shtick is 1,000,000x better for kids then this pseudo-dark surrealist realism they're peddling to kids nowadays?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 11:37 am

i agree completely man...cartoons now (especially these action/superhero ones) are wack. They take themselves way too seriously. Nothing will ever touch the 80's/90's TMNT, X-Men, Batman, Spiderman, Transformers, etc. and all the other stuff from that era. Not only was that stuff better for kida, but hell id rather watch it too. If you're gonna do dark/violent you have to go all out and make it for adults (Afro Samurai, etc) otherwise keep it light hearted

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:03 pm

I agree with both of you. Cartoons back then are far better than the ones out now. While overall animation has gotten better over the years, plots and storylines are wack today. The writers and voice actors back then are also much better than the ones currently doing it.

Slang is right, a lot of them seem like they're trying too hard to appeal to both kids and adults when they should just focus on one demographic. Make certain toons for kids and the others for adults. There are a few exceptions though like that new Scooby-Doo series, Cartoon Network is doing a GREAT JOB with that, and I hope they do the same for the new Looney Tunes series that's coming out. But overall, I'd say they miss the mark more often than they hit it.

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 1:11 pm

there making a new Looney Tunes???? im not sure how i feel about that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 1:21 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
there making a new Looney Tunes???? im not sure how i feel about that

Yeah, it's coming out in November. It won't be as good as the original shorts but even if it's on the level of Tiny Toons or Duck Dodgers I won't complain.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 1:46 pm

Today's shows are a disgrace to the classic series of our childhoods. I'm not sure where they are going with all these random shows today. Must be catering to cretins.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 7:31 pm

Transformers >>>>>>>>>>>

Constructicons >>>>>>>>>>

G.I. Joe ============
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:14 am

Yeah I feel older incarnations.......but I haven't really watched the new ones....surprised that you guys do, actually.

In terms of cartoons I watched some Batman, Scooby Doo, TMNT.......there are tons I'm forgetting. Also when I was in like 4th through 7th grade I was down with Toonami...it was good back then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:47 am

Half wrote:
Yeah I feel older incarnations.......but I haven't really watched the new ones....surprised that you guys do, actually.

In terms of cartoons I watched some Batman, Scooby Doo, TMNT.......there are tons I'm forgetting. Also when I was in like 4th through 7th grade I was down with Toonami...it was good back then.

Yeah Toonami was the bomb. Scooby-Doo is my fav toon of all time so I watched all the incarnations...the current one is arguably the best since the pre-Scrappy era. I love Batman too, but all versions pale in comparison to B:TAS, and the only TMNT I like is the original.

But for the most part, the classic toons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>today's toons, just like with hip hop.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:39 pm

The Simpsons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:41 pm

Shaun wrote:

No doubt. Sealab 2021 and Aqua Teen as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:46 pm

Shaun wrote:

Yeah I love the Simpsons. People criticize it because it's not quite as good as it was a decade ago, but it still murks all post-2000 cartoons not named The Boondocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:47 pm

Simpsons does not murk Archer or Aqua Teen Hunger Force or even American Dad anymore.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:48 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Yeah I love the Simpsons. People criticize it because it's not quite as good as it was a decade ago, but it still murks all post-2000 cartoons not named The Boondocks.

Simspons nowadays does not murk ATHF or Sealab....or King of the Hill even
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:49 pm

The new Simpsons are dope. Haters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:50 pm

The devil is dope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:51 pm

Half wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

ATHF is good in doses, but I think it's 11 minutes long for a reason. If it were 30 minutes the humor would wear thin. I've never been a Sealab fan. KOTH is dope, but it debuted in the 90's.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:52 pm

The ATHF movie was dope and it was hours and hours long.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:52 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:53 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Half wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

ATHF is good in doses, but I think it's 11 minutes long for a reason. If it were 30 minutes the humor would wear thin. I've never been a Sealab fan. KOTH is dope, but it debuted in the 90's.

Yeah but you can't take shots at it for being 11 mins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:53 pm

Shaun wrote:

SMH, that's what I just said above. I said that it's not what it used to be but still better than most toons today. It murks the overrated Family Guy, which hasn't been consistently good since Season 4.

Last edited by Eastern Rap Pro on Mon 30 Aug 2010, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:54 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Wasn't feelin it personally.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:55 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

SMH, that's what I just said above. I said that it's not what it used to be but still better than most toons today. It murks the overrated Family Guy, which hasn't been consistently good since Season 4.

Yeah, Family Guy has been overrated as fuck...one really funny moment in every episode. Moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:55 pm

Myestro wrote:
Transformers >>>>>>>>>>>

Constructicons >>>>>>>>>>

G.I. Joe ============

Yep, and He-Man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thundercats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:59 pm

"It murks the overrated Family Guy, which hasn't been consistently gay since Season 4. "

Nah, Family Guy is still gay in the new ones. Except the few episodes each season that have nothing to do with anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 1:03 pm

Shaun wrote:
"It murks the overrated Family Guy, which hasn't been consistently gay since Season 4. "

Nah, Family Guy is still gay in the new ones. Except the few episodes each season that have nothing to do with anything.

SMH I said good, not gay. But now that you mention it. Stewie seems to have gone from diabolical baby genius to closet homo, which is another reason why I don't like it as much anymore.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 1:08 pm

smh. Someone edited my post lol. And, yeah, that's homolicious, but it still makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 1:08 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Simpsons does not murk Archer or Aqua Teen Hunger Force or even American Dad anymore.

American Dad??? LMAO, that's easily the worst FOX cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 1:11 pm

Yeah. American Dad is cool when nothing else is on and I'm intoxicated in one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 1:18 pm

70s-90s will never be touched as far as kids shows. The Simpsons is still dope. Venture Bros. is my shit on AS. Cleveland Show is funnier than FG.

OG Transformers, OG GI Joe, OG TMNT, Voltron, Johnny Quest, Inspector Gadget, Thundercats, OG X-Men, 90s Spiderman, 90s Batman, OG Superfriends, OG Looney Toons, Wacky Races, OG Nicktoons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And just as a side note, I always liked Doug because he was a semi-dork, average kid who had the same hang ups as most kids his age. Quail Man, bitches...Quail Man.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 1:20 pm

"Cleveland Show is funnier than FG"

Ha. Straight liez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 1:26 pm

Wanduras wrote:
70s-90s will never be touched as far as kids shows. The Simpsons is still dope. Venture Bros. is my shit on AS. Cleveland Show is funnier than FG.

OG Transformers, OG GI Joe, OG TMNT, Voltron, Johnny Quest, Inspector Gadget, Thundercats, OG X-Men, 90s Spiderman, 90s Batman, OG Superfriends, OG Looney Toons, Wacky Races, OG Nicktoons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And just as a side note, I always liked Doug because he was a semi-dork, average kid who had the same hang ups as most kids his age. Quail Man, bitches...Quail Man.

Cleveland Show ain't fuckin with Family Guy, but I agree with everything else you said. I like every toon you've mentioned. Doug was definitely dope.

And Tom & Jerry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 1:37 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

American Dad??? LMAO, that's easily the worst FOX cartoon.

Roger>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:30 pm

still havent seen Cleveland Show or the ATHF movie...i love ATHF though
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:16 am

Duck Tales... that is all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:16 am

thelundquist wrote:
Duck Tales... that is all.

Welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:40 am

Duck Tales was awesome! One of my fav toons of the 90's

Launch Pad>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:41 am

ooohoooohoooooooo
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 8:53 pm

Ducktales was the shizzle! What was that one guys name who was the accountant or something but he turned into Roboduck?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 2:16 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Ducktales was the shizzle! What was that one guys name who was the accountant or something but he turned into Roboduck?

Oh you mean GizmoDuck also known as his accountant alter ego Fenton Crackshell... not gonna lie I had to consult the Wikipedia on that one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 6:25 pm

thelundquist wrote:
Wanduras wrote:

Oh you mean GizmoDuck also known as his accountant alter ego Fenton Crackshell... not gonna lie I had to consult the Wikipedia on that one.

Would have taken me a minute, but I could have come up with it on my own due to my nerdsperience.

And Launch Pad McQuack turned into Roboduck.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 6:48 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Simpsons is a prime time show not comparable to kids cartoons. I can't say animations for kids nowadays is completely horrible. As a kid I would have loved Naruto and Air Bender. I do aggree the subject matter is darker nowadays along with the characters being extremely Emmo. But TMNT from the 80's storylines were pretty horrid. Plots were tossed together and didn't coincicide with other episodes. 80's nostalgia is cool but that s**t belong in the 80's. Seeing cartoons were the turtles is fighting in a building and someone tickers with the aircondition system and it begins to snow inside and the turtles are throwing snow balls instead of whooping ass is pretty lame.

Best lines in a cartoon ever. The rat king of TMNT approaches a victim and states I AM THE RAT KING. The victim then says WELL WHICH ONE OF YOUR RODENTS IS THE RAT QUEEN-haha--classic!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 6:54 pm

Does anyone here watch Xavier The Renegade Angel on adult swim?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 7:45 pm

No. I only watch the non-weird shows.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 8:17 pm

I wouldn't so much expect you to like it as I would Half, Trotter or myestro.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 1:00 am

Kid Joe wrote:
I wouldn't so much expect you to like it as I would Half, Trotter or myestro.

Haven't seen it. I don't really watch much Adult Swim anymore. Maybe I'll keep on the lookout for it though.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 1:13 pm

Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 4:16 pm

Do they show robot chicken in the states, that one with seth green I think.. Shit cracks me up, when they juxtapose shit like mario kart an gta.... Classic.

As for oldies but goodies, I agree with whoever said tom and jerry, shit didn't even have words innit and it was the goat. PERFECT for lil ones. I still watch it if I see its on cartoon network.

Cartoons these days? Meh, donald duck was to black and white cartoons, what todays toons are to donald duck. Shit gets played out and new schools of thinking come in to change it up. But yeah, they do suck nowadays, samurai jack is aight. That one with the grim reaper, billy and mandy, dope. Kids these days are no longer even interested in old fashion cartoons, its all these real life dolls. Hence the steady decline in demand and effort.

10 year olds want hanna mileys an shit..... Disgrace, I hope I don't have a kid in this generation, touch wood, fok, hopefully things change back to the tried and tested bestest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 5:11 pm

boet wrote:
Do they show robot chicken in the states, that one with seth green I think..

Yes they do. That, The Boondocks, and the Venture Bros are the best shows on Adult Swim IMO.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 5:12 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Vs "Realism"   Cheese Vs "Realism" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheese Vs "Realism"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: