Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back

Go down 
+3
Shaun
E. Taylor
Half
7 posters
AuthorMessage

10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Empty
PostSubject: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 11:40 am

According to the smokingsection.com. Some of these choices are puzzling.

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2010/09/10-artists-wholl-never-come-back
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 11:42 am

This article is awful, I stopped reading almost immediately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 11:44 am

Half wrote:
This article is awful, I stopped reading almost immediately.

I see it didn't take you long, lol.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:07 pm

The only ones I strongly disagree with are GZA and Outkast. I believe Dre still has it in him. Bone thugs lost me a while ago.

2 that come to my mind are:

KRS-One-I really do think he needs to just give it a rest.
Spice 1-Been done for a while, but still one of my favorite gangsta rappers of all time.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:07 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
The only ones I strongly disagree with are GZA and Outkast. I believe Dre still has it in him. Bone thugs lost me a while ago.

Spice 1-Been done for a while, but still one of my favorite gangsta rappers of all time.

Yeah I saw those and stopped reading.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:08 pm

E. Taylor wrote:

I disagree with GZA, Kast, and Dre also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:26 pm

E. Taylor wrote:

Spice 1 has definitely been treading water for over 10 years now. His CDs are good on occasion, but he has worn himself way thin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:27 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
E. Taylor wrote:

Spice 1 has definitely been treading water for over 10 years now. His CDs are good on occasion, but he has worn himself way thin.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:28 pm

Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
E. Taylor wrote:

Cosign.

What Spice 1 Cds have you peeped in the last 10 years wayne?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:30 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
E. Taylor wrote:

Cosign.

What Spice 1 Cds have you peeped in the last 10 years wayne?

Well, I actually haven't heard any of him albums after the Black Bossalini album, but other than that, I was mainly cosigning with you on the "worn himself too thin" comment, based on most of the recent material I've heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:32 pm

Ah, I thought maybe you'd heard some of them and could tell me if you rec any of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:32 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Ah, I thought maybe you'd heard some of them and could tell me if you rec any of them.

Have you heard an album he did with MC Eiht?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:33 pm

Yeah, I have the first one - Pioneers - pretty good CD for what it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:34 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Yeah, I have the first one - Pioneers - pretty good CD for what it is.

They did other albums together? Now that I honestly didn't know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:36 pm

They have a second CD called "Keep It Gangsta" which I have not heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:38 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Ok. Which Spice 1 album do you think is his best?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:39 pm

Pioneers is dope. Oh, and, Spice 1 is the best gangsta rapper ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:40 pm

Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Out of those two? or overall?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:41 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Out of those two? or overall?

Overall, and I'm just referring to his solo albums.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:42 pm

I agree with the whole list. Some may surprise us but for the most part they are correct. The mainstream audience reallly are not looking foward to any of them nor do most of them care. Its all about the moment and once you are out the moment they thnk you are dead or something...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:44 pm

Half wrote:

I like that album too, but I think my pick would be Amerikkka's Nightmare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:45 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I agree with the whole list. Some may surprise us but for the most part they are correct. The mainstream audience reallly are not looking foward to any of them nor do most of them care. Its all about the moment and once you are out the moment they thnk you are dead or something...lol.

Do you think the mainstream audience are not checking for another Outkast album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:47 pm

Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Do you think the mainstream audience are not checking for another Outkast album?

Not as much as they were 5-6 yrs ago. The listening audience has really changed since then. Plus Andre is sooo selfish with his rapping...what a fucking waste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:47 pm

I say Amerikka's Nightmare or 187 - but I am partial to 1990 Sick and Black Bossalini too - both are slept on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:50 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Not as much as they were 5-6 yrs ago. The listening audience has really changed since then. Plus Andre is sooo selfish with his rapping...what a fucking waste.

The listening audience has changed, I totally cosign with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:51 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I say Amerikka's Nightmare or 187 - but I am partial to 1990 Sick and Black Bossalini too - both are slept on.

I haven't bumped AN or 187 in quite some time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 1:14 pm

That list is 100% correct
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 5:08 pm

The mainstream ain't checking for nobody. But fo'real GZA needs to come out with another banger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 5:09 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
The mainstream ain't checking for nobody. But fo'real GZA needs to come out with another banger

Hopefully that banger will be Liquid Swords 2.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:03 pm

Wayne wrote:
E. Taylor wrote:

I disagree with GZA, Kast, and Dre also.

ditto
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:06 pm

However I will say Dre is pretty much done as a front man, but he still will remain a presence if he chooses to. GZA been dud free since Words. I think he has the audience he going to get. New blood will still check for Kast though. I liked Big Boi's album. If 3 Stax follows with a banger then they're in the clear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:08 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
However I will say Dre is pretty much done as a front man, but he still will remain a presence if he chooses to. GZA been dud free since Words. I think he has the audience he going to get. New blood will still check for Kast though. I liked Big Boi's album. If 3 Stax follows with a banger then they're in the clear.

Good points here, especially about Kast and GZA.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:17 pm

If Liquid Swords 2 drops this year or if it doesn't folks will still check for GZA...Kast and once Detox is released in 2016, Dre.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:27 am

Yeah that list is 100% correct

the listening audience is looking for brand new Kid Cudi...Drake....Eminem(which they got this year)...Jay-Z (which they'll get soon).....Weezy....Jeezy...GaGa....Nicki Minaj.......Kanye (which is on the way) and a few others...

the ones on that list are now niche acts.....they have their own niche, their own audience but aren't heavy hitters anymore....like the ones listed above!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back   10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Artists Who'll Never Come Back
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: