Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album

Go down 
+8
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
RuKuS
E. Taylor
parker lewis
Half
thelundquist
Laced With Slang
J. Harris
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 8:42 pm

Jeff wrote:
I like Puke. Dope song. Just Lose It and Ass Like That were both big singles, so I have a hard time knocking songs that get people album sales.

Nothing dope about Puke, but it's all good. Ass Like That, I like that beat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 8:52 pm

Plenty dope about Puke, as a dude that's gotten his heart broken you'd think you could relate to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 8:52 pm

Jeff wrote:
Plenty dope about Puke, as a dude that's gotten his heart broken you'd think you could relate to it.

Not that song though, lol.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:28 pm

thelundquist wrote:
RuKuS wrote:
lol @ Relapse >>>> Recovery

You can hate on the poppy sound all you want, but if I wanted to hear a bunch of incoherent ramblings about nothing (Relapse) I'd listen to ICP.

Recovery >>>>>>>>>>>>Relapse most definitely.

I'd rather hear sick complex rhymes over dope Dre beats, than the constant shouting of cornball punchlines over alt-pop beats.

"Enormous daughters quarters shorter than your chlorophyll pills
Y'all don't really listen to lyrics if y'all thought that was ill"

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:32 pm

Here we go again
It's so insane
Cause when it's going good
It's going great
I'm Superman
With the wind in his bag
She's Lois Lane
But when it's bad
It's awful
I feel so ashamed
I snap
Who's that dude
I don't even know his name
I laid hands on her
I'll never stoop so low again
I guess I don't know my own strength

Dope right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:35 pm

"With the wind at his back"

you're not familiar with the expression "wind at my back"?

And that is a dope verse, as are most of the verses on Recovery.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:36 pm

Jeff wrote:
"With the wind at his back"

you're not familiar with the expression "wind at my back"?

And that is a dope verse, as are most of the verses on Recovery.

I am I just copy and pasted from a lyrics site
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:37 pm

RuKuS wrote:
thelundquist wrote:
RuKuS wrote:
lol @ Relapse >>>> Recovery

You can hate on the poppy sound all you want, but if I wanted to hear a bunch of incoherent ramblings about nothing (Relapse) I'd listen to ICP.

Recovery >>>>>>>>>>>>Relapse most definitely.

I'd rather hear sick complex rhymes over dope Dre beats, than the constant shouting of cornball punchlines over alt-pop beats.

"Enormous daughters quarters shorter than your chlorophyll pills
Y'all don't really listen to lyrics if y'all thought that was ill"

That wasn't ill...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:37 pm

Not as dope as this:

Locked in Mariah's wine cellar all I had for lunch
Was red wine, more red wine and captain crunch
Red wine for breakfast and for brunch
And to soak it up an in-between snack crackers to munch
Mariah what ever happened to us?
Why did we have to break up?
All I asked for was a glass of punch
You see I never really asked for much I can't imagine what's
Goin through your mind after such
A nasty break-up with that Latin hunk
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

You missed the point lundquist.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:38 pm

RuKuS wrote:
Not as dope as this:

Rukus...I missed you, sir. No homo
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:38 pm

I'm not saying the lyrics are amazing on either album, for the record.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:40 pm

Jeff wrote:
RuKuS wrote:
Not as dope as this:

Rukus...I missed you, sir. No homo

lol
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:40 pm

Do we want to go verse for verse or some bullshit? There are examples from both CDs that suck, and there are examples from both that are dope.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:44 pm

thelundquist wrote:
Do we want to go verse for verse or some bullshit? There are examples from both CDs that suck, and there are examples from both that are dope.

The point of those two lines I posted were that just because it sounds "sick" or "complex" doesn't mean it ain't still bullshit. That's why I don't like Relapse. That, and the accent. God, the accent.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:45 pm

RuKuS wrote:
You missed the point lundquist.....

Lol, no I didn't.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:46 pm

RuKuS wrote:
thelundquist wrote:

The point of those two lines I posted were that just because it sounds "sick" or "complex" doesn't mean it ain't still bullshit. That's why I don't like Relapse. That, and the accent. God, the accent.

I know what you were getting at, but many of Em's dope lines did make sense.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:49 pm

thelundquist wrote:
RuKuS wrote:
thelundquist wrote:

I know what you were getting at, but many of Em's dope lines did make sense.

So therefore I felt your point was invalid, and I replied to it like a smart ass....
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:52 pm

What makes my point invalid? We just look for different things in our music I guess. I can't remember the last time before Relapse that I actually sat there listening to a whole album wondering "What the fuck is this guy talking about?"

Edit: And I like Puke, too. I dunno why, but I do....
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:54 pm

RuKuS wrote:
What makes my point invalid? We just look for different things in our music I guess. I can't remember the last time before Relapse that I actually sat there listening to a whole album wondering "What the fuck is this guy talking about?"

Listen to Aesop Rock at all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:56 pm

Aesop Rock is usually a lot more straight forward than people give him credit for, actually. He's just as bad as GFK, and I don't know how people rag on Ace but call GFK the GOAT.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:56 pm

Half wrote:
RuKuS wrote:

Listen to Aesop Rock at all?

No.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:58 pm

RuKuS wrote:

Your point doesn't resonate with me because there are more lines than not that rhyme complexly and still make sense. There are definitely a few head-scratchers in there but they are the minority.

Also, I don't dislike Recovery. I just like Relapse more. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:59 pm

Jeff wrote:
Aesop Rock is usually a lot more straight forward than people give him credit for, actually. He's just as bad as GFK, and I don't know how people rag on Ace but call GFK the GOAT.

I mean he's not always like that, but I have to admit that I was confused by some of his lyrics on Labor Days. GFK is also a good choice. I like both a lot for fucking around actually. Personal preference I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:05 pm

I think people try to look too deep into Aesop's lyrics, and that's where the trouble lies.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:30 pm

Hey did you guys read the NY Post interview linked in that article? Em agrees with me. Ha!

No but really it's some pretty crazy shit. He talks about how he had to actually learn how to rhyme again and shit.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:37 pm

RuKuS wrote:
Hey did you guys read the NY Post interview linked in that article? Em agrees with me. Ha!

No but really it's some pretty crazy shit. He talks about how he had to actually learn how to rhyme again and shit.

And it shows
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:37 pm

Relapse is definitely better than Recovery, but I wouldn't mind never hearing either again.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:40 pm

Half wrote:
RuKuS wrote:

And it shows

That it does, Half. That it does.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:42 pm

RuKuS wrote:
Half wrote:
RuKuS wrote:

And it shows

That it does, Half. That it does.

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 4:55 pm

Jason wrote:
Relapse is definitely better than Recovery, but I wouldn't mind never hearing either again.

Same here. I don't think I'll ever pay for another Em album. Neither were even worth the hard drive space. 4 stars for either is pretty generous, in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 4:56 pm

Norfeest wrote:
Jason wrote:

Same here. I don't think I'll ever pay for another Em album. Neither were even worth the hard drive space. 4 stars for either is pretty generous, in my humble opinion.

I cosign. Both hang around 3 for me.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 9:52 pm

Im so sick and tired of Em, the most overated rapper ever. He's just not good anymore. Him and Dre are holding hip hop back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2