Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Limit

Go down 
+5
Laced With Slang
Justice
Dang! Trotter
Highsmith
Half
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 12:01 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
C-Loc was never signed to No Limit.

P did a co-deal to release Young Bleed's albums because Bleed was signed to C-Loc's label, but Loc himself remained on his own label. I recommend some of his early work if you dig Loc, Holocaust II included.

Loc is actually always had the bad hand in things...lol... he discovered Young Bleed and Lil' Boosie, but other people made all the money off them.

This is true but they still fell under the No Limit banner, so if we count Bleed we should count them too.

For all those interested I made tag for C-Loc Records awhile back:
http://www.amazon.com/tag/c-loc%20records/products/ref=tag_tdp_ptcn_istp
Back to top Go down

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 12:17 am

Nah, none of those fell under the no limit banner.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 1:10 am

Wayne wrote:
Any of you ever checked this out?

No Limit - Page 2 260456755

Yes, I got that one Wayne, have you checked it? I havent played it for a while but from memory it was a decent album.

Still didnt see anyone put up Dangerous Dame Escape from The Mental Ward or Lil Ric Deep In Tha Game, those albums were good especially the Lil Ric.
Back to top Go down

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 10:21 am

lounge wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Any of you ever checked this out?

No Limit - Page 2 260456755

Yes, I got that one Wayne, have you checked it? I havent played it for a while but from memory it was a decent album.

Still didnt see anyone put up Dangerous Dame Escape from The Mental Ward or Lil Ric Deep In Tha Game, those albums were good especially the Lil Ric.

Naw, I wasn't really interested in this joint at the time Lounge.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 11:31 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

They were an imprint under No Limit like C-Murder's Tru Records that had Magic. Them C-Loc Records albums had No Limit Records on them too. They were a special unit that operated independently but they were still in the army.
Back to top Go down

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 11:33 am

TheHazardous wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

They were an imprint under No Limit like C-Murder's Tru Records that had Magic. Them C-Loc Records albums had No Limit Records on them too. They were a special unit that operated independently but they were still in the army.

I remember the TRU Records imprint also. That didn't go too far for obvious reasons. Kenoe was a good producer though.
Back to top Go down

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 11:44 am

TheHazardous wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I have several of those C-loc records and none of them had No Limit on them. Only the young bleed ones did. Tru records was a completely different thing - it was C-Murder's label and initially it was promoted with No Limit (mainly the magic albums) but later some of those C-Murder CDs had nothing to do with no limit either.
Back to top Go down

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 11:48 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
TheHazardous wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I have several of those C-loc records and none of them had No Limit on them. Only the young bleed ones did. Tru records was a completely different thing - it was C-Murder's label and initially it was promoted with No Limit (mainly the magic albums) but later some of those C-Murder CDs had nothing to do with no limit either.

What did you think of Magic's first album SRP?
Back to top Go down

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 12:51 pm

Magic's first album is dope and his best. One of the better no limit albums IMO.
Back to top Go down

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 12:52 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Magic's first album is dope and his best. One of the better no limit albums IMO.

It was his best and one of the better albums from NL, as mentioned.

I Never>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 4:26 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Tru statement, and I got some old C-Loc's too.

I got C-Murder Truest Shit I ever Said, from 2005, that was still on Tru Records, and Koch Ent.. It's a decent album.
Back to top Go down

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 4:26 pm

lounge wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I got C-Murder Truest Shit I ever Said, from 2005, that was still on Tru Records, and Koch Ent.. It's a decent album.

Oh wow. I didn't know the TRU Records imprint still existed.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 9:26 pm

Highsmith wrote:
I see my own personal Best Of No Limit coming soon. Good thread Wayne. Trotter I think the majority of all hip hop listeners have some form of a No Limit/Cash Money/3-6 part of their CD collection. If you include the 3 Snoop CDs that were released on No Limit, I have 41 No Limit CDs. So I don't see why Wayne couldn't have a No Limit section in his collection.

Doubt that. Me and my croonies hated NO LIMIT. NO LIMIT wasnt being bumped by anyone of in NY at the time. We'd see a NO LIMIT video and started laughing and mocking it. When I moved to Indians I realized NL was big. I still hung around heads that dislike NL.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010, 5:31 pm

Lounge wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I guess the rest of the C-Loc albums were released through Priority. I concede the point. I could've sworn they were No Limit but I would've been incorrect.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010, 5:44 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Lounge wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I guess the rest of the C-Loc albums were released through Priority. I concede the point. I could've sworn they were No Limit but I would've been incorrect.

You can be forgiven Peterson, he did have No Limit guests afterall. His other albums were on C-Loc Records/Priority, and some even just C-Loc Records by itself handling the distribution
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 8:00 pm

I wonder why Young Bleed came through No Limit then?
Back to top Go down

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 8:04 pm

I'm Bout It Soundtrack. He became a star off How You Do Dat There? and so P saw it as prime opportunity to cash in on a hot song/act.

I don't know the specifics of it, but if maybe P had the rights to the song, but C-Loc had the rights to the rapper they might have come to some sort of agreement that benefited them both.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 10:26 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I'm Bout It Soundtrack. He became a star off How You Do Dat There? and so P saw it as prime opportunity to cash in on a hot song/act.

I don't know the specifics of it, but if maybe P had the rights to the song, but C-Loc had the rights to the rapper they might have come to some sort of agreement that benefited them both.

Gee I wonder who got the short end of that stick?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Limit   No Limit - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Limit
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2