Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Empty
PostSubject: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 12:29 am

This album pretty much came and went without much discussion. Surprising since it was so highly anticipated. I still haven't heard it because i'm waiting to buy it and just started a new job, so funds have been low and will be for another 2 weeks or so. What's the verdict? How's the production? Is it a top 5 album of the year candidate? Thanks for any feedback.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 1:08 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 1:22 am

I feel like we talked about this album A LOT. You guys only pay attention to certain threads, apparently.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:07 am

Jeff wrote:
I feel like we talked about this album A LOT. You guys only pay attention to certain threads, apparently.

Well, the threads were inconsistent. Most of the talk around this album occured in the chat box.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:13 am

E. Taylor wrote:
This album pretty much came and went without much discussion. Surprising since it was so highly anticipated. I still haven't heard it because i'm waiting to buy it and just started a new job, so funds have been low and will be for another 2 weeks or so. What's the verdict? How's the production? Is it a top 5 album of the year candidate? Thanks for any feedback.

Production is incredible. If you're a Muggs stan such as myself, you will be pleased. I will say the drawback to the album is Ill Bill. He's not in top form, and the guests tend to be more memorable. He's not wack by any means, but he's definitely been better. Also, the length of the tracks is an annoyance to some people too, but it doesn't bother me too much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 9:38 am

I don't see the problem with Bill on this album. He has some of the best hooks in his career on this album.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 1:14 pm

It doesn't sound like anything else he's done. maybe I'll like it more after getting used to it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 8:28 pm

this album needs to be talked about more, its top 3 of the year right now
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 8:35 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
this album needs to be talked about more, its top 3 of the year right now

People are bitches Slang so they choose not to talk about it. It's still one of my favorite albums of the year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 8:37 pm

I didn't really like it all that much which is why I don't talk about it....
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:03 pm

cuz yous a pussy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:25 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
cuz yous a pussy

Guess that's why you don't fuck with me.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:54 pm

I'll be recieving it soon, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 10:33 pm

dn't really care for it at first, myself. I'd say it will fall right around the 10 spot so far this year. 2010 has been the best year in quite awhile.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 10:47 pm

i dont know what you're listening to. The beats here are crazy, Muggs really outdid himself experimenting with sounds/patterns i havent realy herd him do, the drum programming is literally next level shit. I wont lie at first Ill Bill sounded off but the more i listen he fits this shit to a T. He basically bodies every track, the one exception being Trouble Shooters where he sounds slightly off compared to everyone else, but besides that no complaints from me about Bill's performance. Also, i agree with Jeff that he does have good hooks on here.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 2:07 pm

At first I didn't listen to this accurately, even if I'm a huge fan of the DJ Muggs vs series. At the end of the day this is classic Muggs material, his production is crazy dope and I think he's much better in these project than in late Cypress Hill releases. Ill Bill is a great Mc, so the fit is perfect. The title cut is a banger, seems like a gem from the nineties era, but I really enjoyed every track there.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 3:42 pm

yea i love this album, top 3-5 from last yr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"   Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ill Bill/DJ Muggs "Kill Devil Hills"
Page 1 of 1