Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)

Go down 
+3
parker lewis
arokone
Alan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Empty
PostSubject: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 6:33 pm

I bought this album blind based on Moe Pope and Headnodic's 2008 collaboration album"Megaphone". Apparently an extremely slept on release and one of the more solid albums in '08 IMO. Moe Pope is most known for his work alongside Raashan Ahmad in the groups Crown City Rockers and Mission. Both of which have dropped classic west coast albums IMO. Anyway, like the "Megaphone" album, this album too holds excellent production. All but one cut is produced by a guy name Rain. Never heard of him, but I have a new name to look for. Not just dope beats, great concepts and unique soundscapes. Dude truly made this album something special. As for Moe Pope, the man is solid on the mic and always has been. Concious would perhaps be the fitting term. So much of the album stands out IMO, I can't really pick it apart. All I know it this one will be on constant rotation for a while....

My Rating: 4.5 stars

Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Lifeaftergod
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 6:38 pm

Yo, Perez, I know you just wanted the Grey Matter album, but I think you would like this one more. It's right up your alley.

In fact, this is my new #2 album of the year. Got it near 5 stars now...
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 10:17 am

Alan wrote:
Yo, Perez, I know you just wanted the Grey Matter album, but I think you would like this one more. It's right up your alley.

Link me up Alan, I'll check it out.. Thanks for the Grey Matters link..

Peace
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 6:50 pm

Sorry for the lateness Perez! I'm uploading it now and will send you a link.

Head's should be all up on this album.

Have you heard Senim Silla's "The Name The Motto The Outcome"? This album sounds a lot like that one. Actually, voice-wise and rapping wise, I see lots of similarities between Silla and Moe Pope. And actually, the production is pretty similar too. IMO, both albums have stellar production, but the beats here are definitely better. I've bumped this like 40 times...I have no doubt you (and most people reading this) will dig it.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:21 pm

Hook it up Alan. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:23 pm

I don't think alan knows eyedea died.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:27 pm

Alan wrote:
Sorry for the lateness Perez! I'm uploading it now and will send you a link.

Head's should be all up on this album.

Have you heard Senim Silla's "The Name The Motto The Outcome"? This album sounds a lot like that one. Actually, voice-wise and rapping wise, I see lots of similarities between Silla and Moe Pope. And actually, the production is pretty similar too. IMO, both albums have stellar production, but the beats here are definitely better. I've bumped this like 40 times...I have no doubt you (and most people reading this) will dig it.

hook me up
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:37 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Yes I do. I gotta a shit load of text messages from friends as the news broke. I gotta do some research though...haven't heard how he died.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:37 pm

Links sent to those who asked!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:41 pm

Alan wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Yes I do. I gotta a shit load of text messages from friends as the news broke. I gotta do some research though...haven't heard how he died.

Ah, i didn't see you hit up the RIP thread. Sad to see anyone pass that young and suddenly. Only rumor I heard was a heroin OD, bur rumors are just that.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 8:40 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Alan wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Ah, i didn't see you hit up the RIP thread. Sad to see anyone pass that young and suddenly. Only rumor I heard was a heroin OD, bur rumors are just that.

I wouldn't really doubt it. He was a big time drinker. I had drinks with him and his buddies, and dude was completely wasted. He seemed to be on something else as well. Really is a shame though...only 28.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 2:57 am

'Have you heard Senim Silla's "The Name The Motto The Outcome"? This album sounds a lot like that one. Actually, voice-wise and rapping wise, I see lots of similarities between Silla and Moe Pope. And actually, the production is pretty similar too. IMO, both albums have stellar production, but the beats here are definitely better. I've bumped this like 40 times...I have no doubt you (and most people reading this) will dig it. '

Send me a link because of that.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 2:58 am

I just put this shit on my wishlist. Will cop this one soon!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 8:52 pm

Shaun wrote:
'Have you heard Senim Silla's "The Name The Motto The Outcome"? This album sounds a lot like that one. Actually, voice-wise and rapping wise, I see lots of similarities between Silla and Moe Pope. And actually, the production is pretty similar too. IMO, both albums have stellar production, but the beats here are definitely better. I've bumped this like 40 times...I have no doubt you (and most people reading this) will dig it. '

Send me a link because of that.

I still feel it's similar, but I must go back and say that he is not political like Silla is...maybe some, but Silla is more revolutionary. I still feel the rest is similar though. That Silla album had a lot of soul samples in the production, as does this...

link sent...
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 7:20 pm

Alan wrote:

Yo Alan, this ish is dope.. I haven't spun Grey Matters yet, but this album has been on constant spin.. Thanks for the rec..

Peace
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 7:43 pm

arokone wrote:
Alan wrote:

Yo Alan, this ish is dope.. I haven't spun Grey Matters yet, but this album has been on constant spin.. Thanks for the rec..

Peace

Nice. Same here. Replay value is off the hook. My #2 or #3 album of the year as of now.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 8:50 pm

I listened to "Life After God" when it dropped over the summer, and I've come back to it half a dozen times but still can't get into it. I sort of see your comparison to "The Name, The Motto, The Outcome," but I'm just not feeling it that much.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 8:47 pm

ctrx wrote:
I listened to "Life After God" when it dropped over the summer, and I've come back to it half a dozen times but still can't get into it. I sort of see your comparison to "The Name, The Motto, The Outcome," but I'm just not feeling it that much.

Good to hear from you ctrx. I've bumped it a solid 50-60 times and I still feel it's virtually flawless, even if there isn't many huge standouts. Still though, after spending hours reading your reviews on Amazon, I'm kinda bummed you don't like it cause I value your opinion. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 7:19 am

Well after some "gentle nudging" which I personally think was closer to internet bullying by Alan, I finally checked this out on napster. Smooth little album, good rhyming, somewhat reminded me of Lupe Fiasco at times.

Just off one spin it's not bad, but I probably need to spin it a few more times to get a real feel of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 1:42 pm

Link me alan.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 5:01 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Well after some "gentle nudging" which I personally think was closer to internet bullying by Alan, I finally checked this out on napster. Smooth little album, good rhyming, somewhat reminded me of Lupe Fiasco at times.

Just off one spin it's not bad, but I probably need to spin it a few more times to get a real feel of it.

LOL...yeah, I'm not sure if it'a really your style, but I'd say that's a fair description.

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Link me alan.

Link sent...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)   Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moe Pope "Life After God" (2010)
Page 1 of 1