Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.

Go down 
+2
parker lewis
Dang! Trotter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Empty
PostSubject: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:28 am

They may not be the best but they rarely disapoint. They're pretty consistent compared to the Wu. With the WU you never know what phase they're in. The Wu dropped Manifesto and Apollo kids, yet SUM dropped albums that trumped the Wu releases. Killa Priest 3 Day Theory and Shabazz's Hood Scriptures. The Sunz of Man movement seem to be scorching hot these days. And with Bronze Nazereth behind the boards they can't lose. And Id say Black Market Militia , AllMighty , and William Cooper all fall under SOM umbrella. SOM albums have a certain vibe and use certain type of beats you don't have to worry about them switching up and going techno. Whens the last time you heard a wack SOM album?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 2:39 pm

Remarkable Timing also trumped all Wu's first string efforts this year. Have you heard Heaven Razah yet, Trotter? Not I...

AOTP and it's parts don't fuck around, either.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 10:26 pm

I'm listening to Heaven Razah right now. Along with Priest and 60 Second, three of my top ten will be Sunz of Man for 2010...no doubt. Shabazz is on deck.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 10:57 am

Can you guys rank their discog for me? I do not own any of their albums.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 6:32 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Can you guys rank their discog for me? I do not own any of their albums.

yes you do you own some killah priest and hell razah solos

groupwise get The Last Shall Be First, if you like that get Saviorz Days..

The Last Shall be First is far and away the best though, i probably play it more than any KP or Razah solo
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 8:43 pm

Thanks Slang Bang Wu Tang. And you knew I only meant grp wise mofo not solo wise...lol.

Thats the album i hear most speak about so i'll track it down.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011, 5:09 am

Yeah, I agree with Slang, The Last Shall Be First is far and away the best and the only most own from them. Their other albums are solid too, but if you can't dig Last Shall Be First, clean the wax out of your ears.

Shining Star>>>>>>>>>>

Man that track makes me miss ODB.

Also, the song Cold is also really fucking dope.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011, 8:09 am

Kevin, give 60 Second Assassin: Remarkable Timing a download. Heaven Razah and 3 Day Theory are also dope, but I think the production on Remarkable Timing is flawless except for the Rza track (ironically).
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012, 8:01 pm

Ive been really vibing to SOM as of lately. I sttill think their music will always be overshadowed by the WU.

Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. 61jlRxYsynL._AA160_
This here is a dope ass album. An album this good could have only be pieced together through time which it was. Problem here is that The 5 Arch Angels and Soldiers Of Darkness isn't on here. Those 2 songs are on The Old Testament album. Which is almost the same as this album minus and plus some songs, but Elements is a better album per se.

Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. 61sR7kPPlgL._SL500_AA300_

Also, anyone heard this album yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012, 11:12 pm

^^^yeah Elements is a must have for any Sunz Of Man fan..........The Last Shall Be First is a personal classic for me and better than anything the Wu has made in a long time except for maby Rae.....only complaint is I would have liked more KP on it.

Heaven Razah is really good.......probably equal with Renaissance Child as my favorite and just above Razah's Ladder with BSBD and Freedom Of Speech with 4th Disciple which are quality albums also.

It might lack those few stand out tracks that Renaissance Child had (Maccabee House, Renaissance, Project Jazz) but it is actually a better album overall imo. I only skip 2 tracks near the end......My Testimony and Heaven On Earth which aren't bad songs, they just don't fit in with the dark tone of the rest of the album. If you aren't already a fan of his though this wont be the album to convert you because it's his least accessible or catchy but also the best and his deepest lyrics

Sunz Of Man know their audience is the die hard Wu-Tang fans so they don't fuck around trying to make songs for the mainstream like Method Man etc. They stay with that original sound that made the wu popular. I don't think they are necessarily better MC's but they often make better albums. Killah Priest for example. The weaker core members like U-God and Masta Killa end up making better albums because they know who is buying their shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 6:20 am

Killah Priest - Heavy Mental is a classic.........The 3 Day Theory and The Offering are near 5 stars for me as well

Killarmy is dope as well. I wish Killa Sin would drop an album already

That first Killa Bees album "The Swarm" is better than Iron Flag and 8 Diagrams imo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 6:23 am

Anybody who has heard the second Killa Bees album "The Sting" is it worth copping? I heard it was trash so I never bought it
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 7:03 am

rez'82 wrote:
Anybody who has heard the second Killa Bees album "The Sting" is it worth copping? I heard it was trash so I never bought it

The Sting is trash save for a few songs. A double CD full of filler. This album came out when WU was at an all time low. But there are 4 notable bangers you should download.

1. Warriors prod. RZA, is a solid WU track with Meth,Rza,UGod, Rebel INS

2. Dances With Wolves prod. Rza. This is the best Killarmy track ever recorded

3. Blunts & Martinis prod. Rza feat. Holocaust. This is a Holo solo joint were you can see he was slipping into madness.

4. Spit That G. prod. Mathematics. Its Cappadonna and Wu affiliates getting their shit off

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012, 7:08 am

I need those songs. I'll find a cheap copy
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012, 12:36 am

rez you ever heard Black Market Militia? Or the 'Red Hook Houses' album Razah did with Shabbaz as THUG Angelz? Those are both dope...
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012, 1:50 am

I saw latest post as Parker and thought maybe he died and black Parker took over and made this topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012, 3:16 am

parker lewis wrote:
rez you ever heard Black Market Militia? Or the 'Red Hook Houses' album Razah did with Shabbaz as THUG Angelz? Those are both dope...

Yeah I got them both and i'm a fan. I was expecting a bit more from the Hell Razah & Shabazz, still dope

I like Almighty - Original S.I.N. even more though. I'm guessing you've already got that one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.   Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunz Of Man, the most consistent movement in the game.
Page 1 of 1