Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Love Movement

Go down 
+2
parker lewis
T. Myers
6 posters

Recommended purchase?
Yes
The Love Movement Vote_lcap40%The Love Movement Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
No
The Love Movement Vote_lcap60%The Love Movement Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:30 pm

I may be in the minority with this one, but this album from ATCQ I never heard to this day. I've only heard the classic single "Find A Way", but not the entire album. How is the album?

The Love Movement The-Love-Movement-Cover
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:46 pm

I'm not too crazy about The Bowel Movement
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:49 pm

T. Myers wrote:

"The Bowel Movement" Terry? I can't be that bad can it?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:51 pm

I like it. You can't go into it with expectations. Let it stand by itself.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:54 pm

Wayne wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Well yes and no. As a stand alone album(which is how all albums should be viewed), it's not horrible, but it's hard not to compare it to their previous efforts.
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:55 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Wayne wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Well yes and no. As a stand alone album(which is how all albums should be viewed), it's not horrible, but it's hard not to compare it to their previous efforts.

Certainly not better than Beats, Rhymes, and Life right?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:59 pm

No, it's definitely their worst album.
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:09 pm

Not good.. not even ten years later... just kind of boring and blase.. I prefer the love below and 808s and heartbreak to this em-o muff party
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:36 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Not good.. not even ten years later... just kind of boring and blase.. I prefer the love below and 808s and heartbreak to this em-o muff party

I was disappointed by this release as well, but it's far better than Love Below and 808's and Heartbreak.

Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:00 pm

So, due to the lack of votes, lol, I guess it's safe to say that you all who have commented thus far would not recommend this as a purchase right, new or used?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:04 pm

It's cheap if you buy it used(i know you're picky about that). I would get it for the handful of songs that are dope and if for no other reason to round out your ATCQ discog
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:04 pm

Yeah, I never bought this when it came out... just dubbed the library copy, but I saw it for like 2 or 3 bucks in store the other day and picked it up at that price.
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:05 pm

T. Myers wrote:
It's cheap if you buy it used(i know you're picky about that). I would get it for the handful of songs that are dope and if for no other reason to round out your ATCQ discog

Yeah Terry, I'm very selective about buying something used. Of ALL the albums I own, I can probably count the number of "used" albums I've bought on one hand, lol. Rounding out my ATCQ discog would be the reason to purchase this.
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:07 pm

Wayne wrote:
So, due to the lack of votes, lol, I guess it's safe to say that you all who have commented thus far would not recommend this as a purchase right, new or used?

It's worth copping for 10 bucks or less. It's their worst album but there's a few good cuts to bump from there.

Last edited by Eastern Rap Pro on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:08 pm

It is not worth 10 bucks.
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:09 pm

What is everyone's rating for this album?
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:10 pm

I'd give it around a 2.5
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:14 pm

I'm sure we all agree that......

Find A Way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:14 pm

Yeah, Find A Way is a classic song... only reason I even bothered to peep the album.
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:17 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Yeah, Find A Way is a classic song... only reason I even bothered to peep the album.

I do remember hearing people say that Find A Way their sole reason for buying the album.
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I do remember hearing people say that Find A Way their sole reason for buying the album.

Well at the time it was released, Find A Way was the only single that was out. I copped it because I'm an ATCQ fan. It did come with a bonus disc with remixes and previously unreleased tracks like the Scenario remix, Oh My God remix, and Hot Sex On A Platter among others which made me less mad that I bought it. If you get that version then it's definitely worth 10 bucks regardless of what SRP says.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:22 pm

Rock Rock Y'all with Punch, Words, & Mos Def>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:23 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Well at the time it was released, Find A Way was the only single that was out. I copped it because I'm an ATCQ fan. It did come with a bonus disc with remixes and previously unreleased tracks like the Scenario remix, Oh My God remix, and Hot Sex On A Platter among others which made me less mad that I bought it. If you get that version then it's definitely worth 10 bucks regardless of what SRP says.

I'am looking at the one w/ the bonus disc.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:23 pm

I agree. This album is not terrible, it just isn't amazing.

3-3.5
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:26 pm

Let me break it down for you Wayne. This CD was so dissapointing, the LIMITED EDITION NEVER SOLD OUT!

That's right - the two disc edition is billed as a limited edition and once it sold out they were going to release a regular edition - that was the business model back then - but it never happened. There is no other version to buy but the 2 disc. It is not worth 10 bucks - unless you just really want to have it in your collection. I would buy a used copy for .4 cents on amazon plus shipping - you could buy 3 at that price for the same 10 bucks and just keep the one in the best condition.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:29 pm

lol

Can't argue those economics, no matter what you think of the album.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:30 pm

Um, mine is a single disc with the bonus tracks
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:32 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Let me break it down for you Wayne. This CD was so dissapointing, the LIMITED EDITION NEVER SOLD OUT!

That's right - the two disc edition is billed as a limited edition and once it sold out they were going to release a regular edition - that was the business model back then - but it never happened. There is no other version to buy but the 2 disc. It is not worth 10 bucks - unless you just really want to have it in your collection. I would buy a used copy for .4 cents on amazon plus shipping - you could buy 3 at that price for the same 10 bucks and just keep the one in the best condition.

Wow, 4 cents on amazon plus shipping? Like new condition?
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:34 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Um, mine is a single disc with the bonus tracks

Really? Man, maybe they did sell out of the 2-disc then and just never put out a regular. Either way - they got a .4 cent copy in very good condition. Like new is 2 bucks plus shipping.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:36 pm

Here you go Wayne. 2 like new copies for about $1

http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Love-Movement_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ3267789
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:38 pm

Even better!
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:44 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Here you go Wayne. 2 like new copies for about $1

http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Love-Movement_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ3267789

Thanks Terry.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:46 pm

no problem.
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:47 pm

And for the record Wayne, I have nothing personal against this album, I just don't want you spending full price on something with a handful of good songs.
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:49 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
And for the record Wayne, I have nothing personal against this album, I just don't want you spending full price on something with a handful of good songs.

I understand, and I can certainly respect it if someone recommends something in an effort to help save me money, lol.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 12:56 am

If you want to complete your Quest discography pick it up Wayne. Just don't expect higher than 3.5 for this IMO. My copy was a single disc with the remixes to Scenario and Jazz. That's the main reason why I copped this one when it was first released.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 5:09 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Precisely.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:22 am

SRP is gay

Last edited by Half on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:33 am

Half wrote:
SRP is gay

lets be friends SRP
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:47 am

you son of a bitch
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:47 am

Matt wrote:
you son of a bitch

Lol SRP edited my post, I retaliated. You were simply collateral damage. Sorry
Back to top Go down

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:49 am

I did not edit any of these posts...smh
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 11:21 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I did not edit any of these posts...smh

You're right. The person who did it revealed themselves. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 7:25 pm

I agree with the majority. In all, it's a subpar album. But for a cheap enough price, it's worth it for Find A Way and the Scenario remix alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Love Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love Movement   The Love Movement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Love Movement
Page 1 of 1